Viewing last 25 versions of post by dt in topic General Anime Thread

dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
![full](https://i.imgur.com/JViJ0DC.jpg!

)

*Machikdao Mazoku** ep 11. Momo's got a fucking cannon.

The show tries some metaphorical storytelling. Didn't feel super high-minded, but it worked well enough. I liked Shamiko getting Momo to open up by offering her food, as opposed to trying to force or trick her.

The lore dump just ended up creating more questions than relevant answers.

*Granbelm** ep 12. I assume the show intended for the audience to sympathize with Suishou on some level, but her hypocrisy in criticizing Mangetsu for ||being a doll created for the benefit of another power (when that's all she is)||, and everyone else for having selfish motivations (when she has no powerful motives that aren't purely selfish) and Mangetsu for [spoiler]being a doll created for the benefit of another power (when that's all she is)[/spoiler] makes that pretty damn impossible.

Speaking of Mangestu, they seem to have really fucked up her story. [spoiler]||This ep seemed to validate her deathwish, which is pretty awful. The twist that she's a doll created entirely to test Shingetsu and her dying to help Shingetsu get her wish feels like a much weaker moral than if Mangetsu learned to value herself, which seemed like what the show was building up to before the twist. And I don't think that bringing her back, or making her live within Shingetsu or whatever, would be that rewarding and resolution either.[/spoiler]

||

One more ep to try to right this ship, but this seems fubar.
No reason given
Edited by dt
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
!https://i.imgur.com/JViJ0DC.jpg!

*Machikdao Mazoku* ep 11. Momo's got a fucking cannon.

The show tries some metaphorical storytelling. Didn't feel super high-minded, but it worked well enough. I liked Shamiko getting Momo to open up by offering her food, as opposed to trying to force or trick her.

The lore dump just ended up creating more questions than relevant answers.

*Granbelm* ep 12. I assume the show intended for the audience to sympathize with Suishou on some level, but her hypocrisy in criticizing everyone else for having selfish motivations (when she has no powerful motives that aren't purely selfish) and Mangetsu for [spoiler]being a doll created for the benefit of another power (when that's all she is)[/spoiler] makes that pretty damn impossible.

Speaking of Mangestu, they seem to have really fucked up her story. [spoiler]This ep seemed to validate her deathwish, which is pretty awful. The twist that she's a doll created entirely to test Shingetsu and her dying to help Shingetsu get her wish feels like a much weaker moral than if Mangetsu learned to value herself, which seemed like what the show was building up to before the twist. And I don't think that bringing her back, or making her live within Shingetsu or whatever, would be that rewarding and resolution either.[/spoiler]

One more ep to try to right this ship, but this seems fubar.
No reason given
Edited by dt