Cartoon/Western Animation General

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
It’s sometimes hard to remember that Disney went through this period in the mid-2000s where for some reason they just decided, “Screw it, we’re going to stop making good movies.”

Meanwhile, Pixar succeeded during that era.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@PonyPon  
At least Disney did eventually find their right footing again from 2008-2010 and have been making good movies ever since.

(When I say “Disney,” for the record, I mean Walt Disney Animated Studios, not counting Pixar, The Jim Henson Company, Marvel, Lucasfilm, etc.)
Oddball64

Normal is overrated
I’ve watch the first five episodes of Legend of The Three Caballeros. Outside of the decent animation and the fact that it’s a show centred on Donald Duck, José and Panchito, the story is very cliche and unoriginal. I will still watch the rest of the episodes, but I strongly prefer the Ducktales reboot overall.
NoBronyInParticular

@Dustcan  
@Thanotos Omega  
KOTH almost certainly continued to pull in decent ratings, was arguably one of the most “kid friendly” shows ever featured on the block, had an impressive amount of episodes to be able to rerun ( 259 ), and AFAIK none of the people prominently involved with the series has been caught in recent controversy severe enough to warrant the show being taken off the air ( like what happened with Roseanne a month ago ).

The only other instance of a similar situation happening with a non-original non-anime AS show that I remember was when AS lost the rights to Futurama back in 2007 and that was due to Comedy Central not only buying the rights but also reviving the show. Since Mike Judge and Greg Daniels had a discussion with Fox about reviving the show last year, we very well could be seeing KOTH uncancelled and airing on a different network ( possibly FX ) in the near future.

Still, if this is truly a similar scenario, it’s a shame that Adult Swim didn’t give the show a grand send-off by airing several block-long marathons of it like they did with Futurama just before their rights to it had expired.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@NoBronyInParticular  
I hear Mike Judge is considering bringing back “King of the Hill.”  
His “Beavis & Butthead” revival was pretty good, but sadly short-lived due to it’s scheduling.

@PonyPon  
Regardless, it had some heart to it.

@Oddball64  
Wait, I didn’t know they rebooted them.

The “Duck Tales” reboot is pretty good, but one problem is it usually focuses too much on the “kid” characters, rather then Scrooge. (I suppose the original show was guilty of that too) I also wasn’t too keen on their grown-up voices, but you get used to them.

It was also surprising, some characters got rebooted as villains, like Doofus Drake.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Beau Skunky

Yeah, but the Three Caballeros show is only officially available on an obscure mobile app that’s only available in the Philippines and has had zero promotion. AND not only that, but production on it was finished before the Ducktales reboot even STARTED production.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
One of the hardest things to portray in 3D animation is physical force and stress. Even though 3D animation helps in getting there easier and cheaper, it lacks the ability to show sudden change of mass and shape, which are vital in portraying these physical aspects.

When you punch a wall, your fist doesn’t stay the same shape. It bends and compress and the wall also bends. 3D animations lacks the flexibility, which they give up to achieve easier/cost effective animation techniques. 3D animation is always cheaper than 2D animation, despite having a higher initial cost.

However, that doesn’t mean it’s bad. 3D animation, when putting in flexibility and volume, looks amazing. Pixar is an example of high quality 3D animation. I’m pretty sure they can make anime-esque fight scenes as well. It’s just that independent studios suffer from this because as easy it is to use 3D animation, it only gets increasingly harder as you progress.

If I were to draw two graphs in regards of quality (x) and required skill (y), 3D would be increasing proportional as compared to 2D’s linearly proportional.
NoBronyInParticular

@Red-Supernova  
Understandable. It feels like Hartman is willing to toss logic almost completely out the window at any given moment so long as it results in a humorous pay-off. While the trope Rule of Funny exists for a reason ( just look at Pinkie Pie ) , there are still limits the willing suspension of disbelief is able to be stretched even with top-notch humor ( such as creating blatant plot-holes, or having established characters act OOC for no justifiable reason ), and of course some types of work feature greater WSOD limitations than others. Plus, the ROF attempt could still fall flat if the comedic pay-off isn’t considered good enough or even good at all to the viewer.

Thinking about it more, if society as a whole is turning against that writing style it would certainly explain why after Danny Phantom, each of Butch’s works have been less successful than the last with his newest show, Bunsen is a Beast, receiving mixed reception and only lasting one season.

@Beau Skunky  
Yep, he said it would take place in the future with Bobby as an adult and apparently cited the current political and social climate being ripe for satire as the reason. I couldn’t agree more, so much has changed between the time KOTH aired its final episodes in 2010 and now.

If a revival does indeed get green lit, it’s going to be interesting to see what they’re going to do with Luanne and Lucky given that both of their VA’s ( Brittany Murphy and Tom Petty respectively ) have passed away since the show originally finished production. It should also be noted that Luanne and Lucky had a baby daughter near the series’ original end.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Commune  
Things always seem okay when we watch them in our childhoods. They don’t always age well. For example, I had no idea how demented that show, “J J the Jet Plane” or whatever it was called, looked when I was a kid.
intexda
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Chemtrails are turning the frogs gay
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Commune  
Oh geeze, This is Bootleg movie quality. How did i not notice this watching it back when it first aired?  
Deer god, the writing is just as bad… I thought it was bad the first go around way back when but it’s so much worse than i realized.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Creations249 Etsy Shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide