Viewing last 25 versions of post by DarkObsidian in topic Cartoon/Western Animation General

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
"[@Background Pony #3E43":](/forums/generals/topics/cartoonwestern-animation-general?post_id=5007051#post_5007051

)

Well, I watched many episodes from all three seasons of Miraculous as well as the New York Special during the last lockdown. Since Miraculous is quite popular here in Germany (which is especially noticeable with all the merchandise everywhere), I was initially curious, but also quickly annoyed by the very first season.

As for the "romance", it is indeed quite clichéd, but: It works much better in the French version thanks to a great many puns. To be exact, the constant hitting from Cat Noir on Ladybug in the French version is based on this very thing. It's an endless stringing together of innuendo, verbal jokes and situational comedy. You either have to like it or you don't. There are also people who don't like Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes. ;-)

However, many of these puns were translated incredibly poorly into German and English, and some of them can't be translated at all. In any case, IMO the romance doesn't compare to the one from The Dragon Prince. I think you're assuming a false fact here when you're aware of the huge amount of Miraculous shippers on social media. Here, the corresponding artwork and images are much better than the original series. But that's how I feel about MLP:FiM sometimes. ;-D

Well, the second season was a bit better, and I even watched the whole of the third season because I liked the animation and the setting there with the additional occasional heroes (a.k.a. Marinette's classmates) much better. I'm not a big fan of the series because of that, but I also don't think it's a bad thing, or a waste of time, for those who actually like this series a lot.

I wonder if I'll volunteer to watch the fourth and fifth seasons...? Hm, maybe. HEAVY SPOILER: [spby the end oilf season thr]ee: ||Now that Marinette is the new guardian of the Miraculous, and she probably won't end up with Cat Noir after all, AND the fate of Adrien's mother makes the whole setting at least a little more believable[/spoiler]||, my interest was piqued.

The whole thing seems to be moving more in a direction that I like a lot better than I did in the first season. Plus, the new costumes of her and the others are much more visually easy on the eyes. I probably wouldn't watch it if there was something I was more interested in right now, but sometimes on Sunday mornings you're just way too tired for overly ambitious series. That's where a light-hearted series like this comes in quite handy.

I give Miraculous, les aventures de Ladybug et Chat Noir 3,5 out of 5 stars. ;-)
No reason given
Edited by DarkObsidian