Viewing last 25 versions of post by Philweasel in topic Cartoon/Western Animation General

Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
"[@icey wicey 1517":](/forums/generals/topics/cartoonwestern-animation-general?post_id=4915783#post_4915783
)  
Yeah, but people get so _*invested_* in whether say... Batman could beat Spider Man in a straight fight ([spoiler]||No[/spoil, he r]eally can't||). Or get downright offended that Goku probably can't beat Superman. And invent bullshit about Sasuke being able to fart entire universes apart, like this apparently gives them some sort of moral authority.

As someone called it, it's ultimately 'My dad can beat up your dad' dick measuring, and I don't get it. I look at death battle as a chance to showcase and explore the limits of two awesome characters, and I'm only interested in who wins from a scientific and in universe standpoint (I like seeing assholes get their ass kicked, so I'll generally side with the most sympathetic fighter).

Some people on the other hand seem to be like "Ha, Goku could totally beat up Spongebob, this means Dragonball is CLEARLY SUPERIOR!".
No reason given
Edited by Philweasel
Philweasel

Right About Everything
"@icey wicey 1517":/forums/generals/topics/cartoonwestern-animation-general?post_id=4915783#post_4915783
Yeah, but people get so _invested_ in whether say... Batman could beat Spider Man in a straight fight ([spoiler, the ]Nodd[/s aren't gpoodiler]). Or get downright offended that Goku probably can't beat Superman. And invent bullshit about Sasuke being able to fart entire universes apart, like this apparently gives them some sort of moral authority.

As someone called it, it's ultimately 'My dad can beat up your dad' dick measuring, and I don't get it. I look at death battle as a chance to showcase and explore the limits of two awesome characters, and I'm only interested in who wins from a scientific and in universe standpoint (I like seeing assholes get their ass kicked, so I'll generally side with the most sympathetic fighter).

Some people on the other hand seem to be like "Ha, Goku could totally beat up Spongebob, this means Dragonball is CLEARLY SUPERIOR!".
No reason given
Edited by Philweasel
Philweasel

Right About Everything
"@icey wicey 1517":/forums/generals/topics/cartoonwestern-animation-general?post_id=4915783#post_4915783
Yeah, but people get so _invested_ in whether say... Batman could beat Spider Man in a straight fight (spoiler, the odds aren't good). Or get downright offended that Goku probably can't beat Superman. And invent bullshit about Sasuke being able to fart entire universes apart, like this apparently gives them some sort of moral authority.

No reason given
Edited by Philweasel
Philweasel

Right About Everything
Yeah, peoplebut people get so _invested_ in whether say... Batman could beat Spider Man in a straight fight. Or get downright offended that Goku probably can't beat Superman. And invent bullshit about Sasuke being able to fart entire universes apart, like this apparently gives them some sort of moral authority.

No reason given
Edited by Philweasel