Viewing last 25 versions of post by BadgingBadger in topic Alternate History Thread

BadgingBadger
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
"[@ghostfacekiller39":](/generals/alternate-history-thread/post/2902470#post_2902470
)  
Not quite -- if the french manage to pass off enough of a "mean" image against Germany before Hitler starts going geopolitically nuts, they can prevent the nazis from doing too much in Europe. Mobilizing troops to just occupy the Rhineland wouldn't cost much -- the wehrmacht was at a very frail state in 1935, perhaps worse than France in certain aspects, and even Hitler admitted his move to reoccupy the Rhineland was risky.
I'm afraid Hitler would order a retreat by the time french soldiers would be spotted walking towards the Rhine.  
I'll co
me forth and say that "french anti-war pacifism" is overestimated -- there was a botched attempt at a far-right coup in 1934, but it almost worked as anti-estabilishment protests were nigh-uncontrollable at the time.
No reason given
Edited by BadgingBadger
BadgingBadger
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
"@ghostfacekiller39":/generals/alternate-history-thread/post/2902470#post_2902470
Not quite -- if the french manage to pass off enough of a "mean" image against Germany before Hitler starts going geopolitically nuts, they can prevent the nazis from doing too much in Europe. Mobilizing troops to just occupy the Rhineland wouldn't cost much -- the wehrmacht was at a very frail state in 1935, perhaps worse than France in certain aspects, and even Hitler admitted his move to reoccupy the Rhineland was risky.
I'll come forth and say that "french anti-war pacifism" is overestimated -- there was a botched attempt at a far-right coup in 1934, but it almost worked as anti-estabilishment protests were nigh-uncontrollable at the time.
No reason given
Edited by BadgingBadger