Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary - Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rainbow Rocks with an art event! Here

Viewing last 25 versions of post by LegatusFlagrans in topic Youtube Discussion

LegatusFlagrans
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Legionary Captain 🌹
"[@Conflik9929":](/dis/youtube-discussion/post/3291373#post_3291373
)  
I definitely agree on the AI thing, I don't really think **anything** should be relegated to AI in regards to this kind of stuff; I'm optimistic about the future of AI but I don't think it's ready to be used to filter hate speech, as "[@Shirani":](/dis/youtube-discussion/post/3291246#post_3291246) has made clear. I also realize that there are some dingbats out there who will try to label anything leaning even slightly to the right as offensive, I get that; I'm pretty hard to the left, and even **I** think that people take it way too far - I'm not going to trample on people's rights to say "Fuck the ACA" or "Build the wall" or anything like that.

But I still don't think that YouTube should allow videos which are blatantly Nazist/white-supremacist in nature to be publicly displayed; it's not just displeasing, the Nazi ideology in itself serves as a radical call to action to take away the rights of fellow citizens. It just disturbs me that such rhetoric is given free reign to spread, both in public and on the internet.
No reason given
Edited by LegatusFlagrans
LegatusFlagrans
Artist -

Legionary Captain 🌹
"@Conflik9929":/dis/youtube-discussion/post/3291373#post_3291373
I definitely agree on the AI thing, I don't really think *anything* should be relegated to AI in regards to this kind of stuff; I'm optimistic about the future of AI but I don't think it's ready to be used to filter hate speech, as "@Shirani":/dis/youtube-discussion/post/3291246#post_3291246 has made clear. I also realize that there are some dingbats out there who will try to label anything leaning even slightly to the right as offensive, I get that; I'm pretty hard to the left, and even *I* think that people take it way too far - I'm not going to trample on people's rights to say "Fuck the ACA" or "Build the wall" anything like that.

But I still don't think that YouTube should allow videos which are blatantly Nazist/white-supremacist in nature to be publicly displayed; it's not just displeasing, the Nazi ideology in itself serves as a radical call to action to take away the rights of fellow citizens. It just disturbs me that such rhetoric is given free reign to spread, both in public and on the internet.
No reason given
LegatusFlagrans
Artist -

Legionary Captain 🌹
I definitely agree on the AI thing, I don't really think *anything* should be relegated to AI in regards to this kind of stuff; I'm optimistic about the future of AI but I don't think it's ready to be used to filter hate speech, as "@Shirani":/dis/youtube-discussion/post/3291246#post_3291246 has made clear. I also realize that there are some dingbats out there who will try to label anything leaning even slightly to the right as offensive, I get that; I'm pretty hard to the left, and even *I* think that people take it way too far - I'm not going to trample on people's rights to say "Fuck the ACA" or anything like that.

No reason given
LegatusFlagrans
Artist -

Legionary Captain 🌹
I definitely agree on the AI thing, I don't really think *anything* should be relegated to AI in regards to this kind of stuff; I'm optimistic about the future of AI but I don't think it's ready to be used to filter hate speech. I also realize that there are some dingbats out there who will try to label anything leaning even slightly to the right as offensive, I get that; I'm pretty hard to the left, and even *I* think that people take it way too far - I'm not going to trample on people's rights to say "Fuck the ACA" or anything like that.

But I still don't think that YouTube should allow videos which are blatantly Nazist/white-supremacist in nature to be publicly displayed; it's not just displeasing, the Nazi ideology in itself serves as a radical call to action to take away the rights of fellow citizens. It just disturbs me that tsuchat kind of rhetoric is given free reign to spread, both in public and on the internet.
No reason given
LegatusFlagrans
Artist -

Legionary Captain 🌹
I definitely agree on the AI thing, I don't really think *anything* should be relegated to AI in regards to this kind of stuff; I'm optimistic about the future of AI but I don't think it's ready to be used to filter hate speech. I also realize that there are some dingbats out there who will try to label anything leaning even slightly to the right as offensive, I get that; I'm pretty hard to the left, and even *I* think that people take it way too far. - I'm not going to trample on people's rights to say "Fuck the ACA" or anything like that.

But I still don't think that YouTube should allow videos which are blatantly Nazist/white-supremacist in nature to be publicly displayed; it's not just displeasing, the Nazi ideology in itself serves as a radical call to action to take away the rights of fellow citizens. It just disturbs me that that kind of rhetoric is given free reign to spread, both in public and on the internet.
No reason given
LegatusFlagrans
Artist -

Legionary Captain 🌹
I definitely agree on the AI thing, I don't really think *anything* should be relegated to AI in regards to this kind of stuff; I'm optimistic about the future of AI but I don't think it's ready to be used to filter hate speech. I also realize that there are some dingbats out there who will try to label anything leaning even slightly to the right as offensive, I get that; I'm pretty hard to the left, and even *I* think that people take it way too far. I'm not going to trample on people's rights to say "Fuck the ACA" or anything like that.

But I still don't think that YouTube should allow videos which are blatantly Nazist/white-supremacist in nature to be publicly displayed; it's not just displeasing, the Nazi ideology in itself serves as a radical call to action to take away the rights of fellow citizens. It just disturbs me that that kind of rhetoric is given free reign to spread, both in public and on the internet.
No reason given