Vent thread

BadgingBadger
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
@Shirani  
I don’t think Rey was written poorly.  
She was just raised by her own self in a harsh desert planet, which excuses her stoic behaviour.  
I, frankfully, don’t understand what’s with the “mary sue” complaint unless the “mary sue” quality is very apparent.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Shirani  
She has everything that made Thor, Thor, she has all his skills all his knowledge all his power, she’s entitled to the name as much as Donald Blake was when he first took up the hammer, and again she’s kinda pissy because if she looses her powers she’s going to die of cancer which means not even Mephisto can bring her back,

No she isn’t her connection is better developed than Luke or Anikin’s because she’s lived a way harder life then them, so the force has been better acclimated to work for her, and for decades now we have been told that Vader’s mind attacks have severe risks, and we finally got to see them when Rey turned it back on Kylo and then used the newly stolen knowledge to command a single storm trooper after a few tries, and then she beat a guy who was only partially trained weakened by regret over killing his dad, shot by a FUCKING BOWCASTER! and then worn down and wounded by a guy who would make mandolorians jizz over his training had his powers further weakened by having the saber reject him and then lost to Rey when she tapped into the force thanks to his previous attempts to force command her, all while he was unable to use lethal force against her, fucking Palpatine would be in bad shape after that kinda shit let alone a kid like Kylo,
RadioDemon
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl

So many orphans~Alastor
@BadgingBadger  
“She was just raised by her own self, which excuses her stoic behaviour.”  
So you mean to tell me a person who was an orphan becomes a force master JUST BECAUSE? WHAT? no that is absolutely poor writing! It is akin to me making a self-insert fanfiction that makes me all-powerful and have no faults. That is not good writing!
BadgingBadger

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
@Shirani  
People have different definitions for racism. I’m just saying.  
Some say racism is just pejorative generalization, like you.  
Others say it is prompted by a privileged position within the system. Hence, why some (not me, still) say black people can’t be racist.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Derpy Whooves
no I am pissed by absolutely poor writing and blatant propaganda.

In 1986 the show bible for the reboot - written by the creator of the series - recommended casting a woman as the next doctor.

You might want to get your tin-foil hat adjusted. It appears to be on too tight.
RadioDemon
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl

So many orphans~Alastor
@Thanotos Omega  
Donald Blake was MADE by Odin to be Thor’s AVATAR! You are EQUATING an AVATAR as a separate person!  
REY IS A MARY SUE! She was WRITTEN to be an absolute MASTER! And you don’t get why this is shitty writing!
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@PonyPon  
The force helps those strong in it subconsciously the harder their life the more it’s helps and the stronger the connection grows, it’s why Maul was as strong as a Jedi Council member after barely any real training besides Palpatine forcing him to survive,
Thanotos Omega

@Shirani  
Donald didn’t know that at the time, Jane probably and pretty rightfully feels she needs to hide her real identity, and hey better Thor than Thunderstrike,

No she is not, being hyper competent does not make you a mary sue, a mary sue doesn’t almost get killed because she forgot the safety on her gun, a mary sue doesn’t have issues caused by her faults if she has them, and a mary sue is good just because, while Rey explains all of her skills, she’s a good fighter because she grew up defending her self, she knows how to fly a ship because of having done it before, she knows about the Falcon because she helped retrofit it, she’s able to use one force power because she stole it’s knowledge from someone using it on her, a long warned about threat of that technique, and her only major combat victory is over a guy who was barely standing,
Background Pony #33FB
@Shirani  
Do you consider Luke a “Mary Sue” in the original? Don’t you agree that he was equally “WRITTEN to be an absolute MASTER”?
BadgingBadger

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
@Shirani  
There has been a recurring prophecy in Star Wars about a “chosen one” (who will bring balance to the force), which may answer why.  
If anything, the nature of the force is already pretty mysterious. Perhaps Luke’s and Rey’s streaks of luck in handling the force are just the force itself going through with a plan.  
Perhaps Luke has been corrupted – once Anakin being the chosen one became a foregone conclusion due to him mishandling his situation and becoming a sith, perhaps the choice was passed over into Luke.
BadgingBadger

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
Well, we could excuse it with that “too complex for a mortal to understand” argument.  
That, or George Lucas is preparing quite the ending for Star Wars with a reveal of what the force was up to all along.
BadgingBadger

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
@Cyborg_pony  
Interestingly enough, the title of the upcoming movie is translated in my country as Os Últimos Jedi, not O Último Jedi, which means it’s in plural – the last jedi fighters, not the last jedi fighter. The official star wars facebook page of my country said that.  
That could open a myriad of interpretations.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

🚙
@Shirani  
The only Mary Sueish scene she had was when she mind controlled that storm trooper that’s it

She only defeated Kylo Ren(BTW if Reylo doesn’t become canon I will burn Lucasfilm to the fucking ground) because he just killed his father and regretted it and is tired as hell
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide