Vent thread

Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
You know how Windows 10 installs itself automatically? I never was bothered by that. One day, I was using the computer (after finally getting the use out of W8) and then the layout changed. I was genuinely surprised.

But that’s it. I understood the program fairly quickly and used it like any other day. All my stuff still worked, nothing was lost, etc. So yeah, I’m cool with it.
Cyan Lightning
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

The Prodigy Unicorn
@HJSDGCE  
Most people that have problem with windows 10 is have this mindset “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” for someone who love to see new innovation. I don’t like to see those people who complaining about new feature and innovation just because it aren’t familiar with what they used to use.

full
Background Pony #0B80
I have Windows 7 installed on my new (refurbished) laptop and on my brothers laptop. It handles all of my Steam games and my normal web browsing just fine. If there is ever a time when my needs aren’t being met, I’ll consider upgrading but I’m happy with it for now.

I have Linux installed on a few backup hard drives. Other than not being able to run non Linux compatible videogames its also a fine choice for an operating system.

I never used any Apple products so I can’t weigh in on the matter.  

I also haven’t seen TheHappySpaceman in days.
Rainboom Dash
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Rainbooms4Ever
Hmm…

Win 7 just got REALLY glitchy and slow.. like when I would boot it would partially freeze for 45 seconds when it got to the desktop where I couldn’t open any new programs…. And that small but annoying popup text when you hover over an icon on the bottom.. was for some reason popping up even if I moved my cursor away from it and was REALLY annoying if typing something on the bottom of the screen

It just got really glitchy and slow… Probably just needs a fresh install

It’s just… My laptop didn’t handle updating very well… If I’d switch OSes without a clean install it would make the mouse and keyboard not work.. even in safe mode

I… Was too fucking stupid at the time to know you could just EASILY take the SSD out of the laptop and pop it into the desktop and transfer the files over…

One of the reasons why I almost killed myself… Hmm…. I wouldn’t go THAT far but it definitely fucked me up bad… I still have bad memories of windows 10 because of that… It wasn’t windows 10 fault.. it was my laptop’s fault
Dave33333
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <DVE> ...I'll accept my ban on the condition I don't end up with a duck badge. Seeing "OP is a Troll" didn't help me calm down. But I'm not gonna fight it anymore.
Thread Starter - The RP Thread with no Sense!

Undesirable
@CyanLightning  
My only problem with 10 is the fact that when your laptop is not charging, the laptop will be slow as hell. If you have a home computer, fine, upgrade, but don’t upgrade your laptop unless you want to walk around with a charging cord finding a wall socket.
Cyan Lightning
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Prodigy Unicorn
@Dave33333  
My old laptop aren’t support Windows 8.1 really well. It had problem with GPU after I upgrade it to from Windows 7 to 8.1. it wasn’t the best decision, but beside that I am perfectly happy with it.

“My only problem with 10 is the fact that when your laptop is not charging, the laptop will be slow as hell.”

Sorry, It’s your laptop not mine. In fact I ever downgrade my new laptop to windows 8.1 and it performance worse (whether it charging or not) than it having windows 10. The thing is most newer laptop are optimized for Windows 10, while the old one aren’t.
Scrabbleman
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Dave33333  
I myself don’t use my laptop unless there’s a chair and table at the very least. Most of the time, I use it at cafés, libraries, offices and at home. Most these places do have sockets.

It always bothers me when people use their laptops at a park. Like, really bothers me, that I want to slap the up the head or something.
Dave33333
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <DVE> ...I'll accept my ban on the condition I don't end up with a duck badge. Seeing "OP is a Troll" didn't help me calm down. But I'm not gonna fight it anymore.
Thread Starter - The RP Thread with no Sense!

Undesirable
@HJSDGCE  
There are so many stupid people out there! When somebody tells you to go outside, don’t bring your laptop with you. Take your phone instead at least it isn’t anything big and bulky. But at the very least take a walk around the park.
SuperSupermario24
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

fluffy sylveon
I don’t have strong feelings one way or the other about Windows 10.

Yeah, I fully agree the way they forced it on people was shitty, but that’s more Microsoft’s fault than a fault of the OS itself. It’s got its flaws, but it’s perfectly decent for my purposes.

@HJSDGCE  
That really sounds like “Stop using your shit in a way I don’t like!!” to me.
OptimusPrimevil
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

anime depicts specific cultural thing differently

“it’s a creative license thing”

cartoon /western media portrays japanese culture wrongly

“kill yourselves weeaboo hacks!”
Cyan Lightning
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Prodigy Unicorn
@SuperSupermario24  
Although I love the OS and Microsoft. But I have to agree with that, really automatically upgrade without warning? And then updates. after downloading the updates it automatically restart if it’s in the off hours. I lost my comic that I still working on yesterday. But at least we still can change the off hours.
Scrabbleman
Artist -

[screams in German]
@SuperSupermario24  
Because apparently it’s wrong for me to criticize the way they use certain tools in idiotic fashions.

Next time it’s gonna be the guy who hammers a nail with a screwdriver and apparently it’s OK.
Rainboom Dash
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Rainbooms4Ever
@CyanLightning  
Hmm… mine never automatically updated

I can’t remember if I removed it before that happened to people… but I’m pretty sure it’s due to you clicking something that you think says “go away” but instead says “update”

I could be wrong
toxicitzi
BUY SOME APPLES! - Derpi Supporter
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

@CyanLightning  
check this out. even Asus recommends Windows 10 Pro, but where is the support for Windows 10? I just have 4 things for Windows 8/8.1, thank god for that, as well as everything else that is on Windows 7, which a lot of those software installs don’t work properly, or at all, or can’t even run the executable file on W10.

furthermore, what is that you said, about improvements? what improvements? and what innovation?  
all I see even close to innvation, is an uglier Systems menu replacing something that worked better, which is cumbersome to navigate and not native to a Computer environment. and don’t get me wrong, even Windows 7 wasn’t that well received, because Control panel remains a reigning champion of this. How do you think you can innovate that, or is it Just that you want to be known as the guy who has innovated over something this good and wanted to innovate for the sake of innovation, not for the sake of actually improving something?
toxicitzi
Sapphire -

@Mike  
oh man.. are you talking about, Windows Mistake Edition??

you know though, my experiences with W10 do make me think this is a similar case like that, but that might be because some hardware escaped their radar, so in general, it’s just a thing that sucks for me and the few other unlucky ones.
Cyan Lightning
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Prodigy Unicorn
@toxicitzi  
Sigh. Looks like I fall into the same trapped as previous one.

Really? for your second paragraph especially this “all I see even close to innvation, is an uglier Systems menu replacing something that worked better”

That’s it, from that sentence alone you already descript what I just said before “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” especially when you use word “uglier”. I am sorry but I can’t take your second paragraph seriously. All I can say is that It’s down to our preference. Not all of people will like it. But hey at least lot of people fine with it including me.

The only thing that I can take a bit more seriously the first paragraphs. Well then okay Asus recommended Windows 10 pro. Honestly for me there is not much different between pro and home edition, and not worth to spend another 100 dollars. Yeah there a few program not work on Windows that I tried. But most of the time it’s work fine.

@toxicitzi  
Usually older hardware aren’t supported for W10. Only the new one going.

You know what? I would like to talk about this more. But at this rate even if we continue we can’t get into the same track, we only going to have headache that waste both of our time. this already long enough, I don’t want to have another headache. I would like if we stop here.
toxicitzi
Sapphire -

@CyanLightning  
you know what? even though I can prove to you I know what I’m talking about and all this talk about innovation is hollow, that wasn’t even my point, that was just something to ask you to name ONE thing they improved or innovated.

The only thing that I do know for a fact is that, W8 is the one that actually did the improving parts, which W10 took for its own and reskinned over. all other improvements would have come, even if they kept with W8 and you would have loved it just as much, or, the stigma would’ve fared better over the improvements (over problems that should’ve never been) and this here is why W10 even exists at all.

@CyanLightning  
@toxicitzi
Older hardware aren’t supported for W10. Only the new one going.
You know what? I would like to talk about this more that have a Neutral Point of view. But Even if we continue we can’t get into the same track, we only going to have headache that waste both of our time. this already long enough, I don’t want to have another head. I would like if we stop here.

And you know, It’s a good thing my laptop, Made for W7, had all that > W10. because logic.

and here’s why we can never agree on this or find neutral ground, there isn’t any in this situation. and you telling me to buy new hardware, on my budget, which is $500/month, is hilarious and frankly, one of the things I hate about these new PC users…  
nobody nowadays seems to get that, being tight on a budget is a Thing? that kind of questioning makes me want to strangle people making these business decisions to make things more expensive, or turn previous working things unusable, in order to keep spending lots of money periodically (every 3-5 years) on these Shiny “New” things.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
The only thing that I do know for a fact is that, W8 is the one that actually did the improving parts, which W10 took for its own and reskinned over. all other improvements would have come, even if they kept with W8 and you would have loved it just as much, or, the stigma would’ve fared better over the improvements (over problems that should’ve never been) and this here is why W10 even exists at all.

Good thing I stayed with W8 then. I remember I applied for the free upgrade when it was first announced, but after hearing of how Microsoft tried to force their users’ hand for it and the many complaints that ensued, I decided to delay and even made sure to disable automated updates.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide