The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP PROJECT 2025!
Yes, I’m back on the topic of magic vs guns but I’ve come to a reasonable middle ground.
If magic/reality warping exists in a setting where firearms are numerous and common, it should just play a support role instead of something like Star Wars where Jedi and Sith rag-doll around 90% of average joes who dare challenge them.
Ideally the way it should work is that fire, lighting, and telekinesis spells/powers aren’t able to quickly kill their targets, they only really soften them up so that they’ll be more vulnerable to bullets or melee attacks.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
That’s basically how Warp powers work in 40k.
In order to actually hurt someone with warp based attacks, you have to overcome your targets willpower. It’s normally not a problem for rank and file mooks.
You average guardsman isn’t going to really have a will to match a chaos space marine sorcerer, but something like a Grey Knight will. So, your random space wizard isn’t guaranteed to be able to roast someone with their mind.
You also need to have a “normal” soul. In universe, there are people called blanks, that essentially have an inverted soul. It makes them functionally immune to warp magic, and their mere presence hurts psychers.
Just Wayne
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Shut up Cartman!
@CaptainXtra
Reminds me of a scene from Thor Ragnarok where a character uses dual M16 to gun down a bunch of magical villain minions. I applaud superhero movies that make guns look badass and horror movies that make guns scary.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Zincy
I have had 3 separate approaches to magic/guns in grand mythica it’s that guns are kept rare because the only available propellent requires certain materials to work if you put a bullet in a gun mafe from the wrong stuff it just fizzles out and makes a ton of heat,
In My post apokolypse setting magic is powerful enough to trump most guns but it causes negative effects on mind and body just to learn it,
And in Star Rangers it’s strictly regulated because of how much damage it can do, like the entire setting can’t use guided munitions or even to smart of computers because of the threat posed by a necromantic plague that targets machines, most magic is seen in stuff like star ship shielding artificial gravity ECT, very few people learn to use it in combat, beyond elite soldiers learning to create personal shields,
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide