The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Beau Skunky  
Really? That’s interesting. I didn’t know that.

@Jarkes  
Even for the show itself, the series finale that I described was exceptionally bad. Say what you want about the rest of the series, but at least you don’t have to be completely clued in on the personal lives of the actors to understand each episode.

@Goku Black  
Agreed. Steven Universe as well.
Background Pony #F84C
Rotten Tomatoes is asking people about the worst TV series finale of all time.
The most popular answers so far seem to be Game of Thrones (obviously), Seinfeld, How I Met Your Mother, and Dexter.
At least those shows got endings. I’m always surprised there aren’t more entries for the ones where it ended on some kind of unresolved cliffhanger.

But then I suppose a good portion of shows cancelled at a cliffhanger are probably either not doing well enough to be memorable to people, or are so poorly viewed that what outrage there is tends to be small and confined.

In any case, I’m still a little angry over the ”Sam never returned home” end text in the season finale of Quantum Leap. It’s just thoroughly unsatisfying.

@CaptainXtra  
What’s the current relationship between the Brony and Sonic fandoms again?
I feel like appropriating a Simpson’s quote for this.

“Bronies and Sonic fans are natural enemies! Like fan artists and Sonic fans! Or fan fiction writers and Sonic fans! Or furries and Sonic fans! Or Sonic fans and other Sonic fans! Damn Sonic fans! They ruined the Sonic fandom!”

But seriously, more what Beau Skunky said.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Background Pony #F84C  
I did see one person list the Twin Peaks finale as one of the worst. He was immediately told off for it. :D

The Twin Peaks finale is strange because it’s both entirely unsatisfying and entirely satisfying. Like, it doesn’t resolve anything and poses even more questions than before, but somehow I couldn’t imagine the show ending any other way.
Background Pony #F84C
@Background Pony #F84C
I did see one person list the Twin Peaks finale as one of the worst. He was immediately told off for it. :D
The Twin Peaks finale is strange because it’s both entirely unsatisfying and entirely satisfying. Like, it doesn’t resolve anything and poses even more questions than before, but somehow I couldn’t imagine the show ending any other way.
Well actually (to be fair to that person), if I recall correctly, David Lynch himself didn’t care for the way it ended. I believe he called it the “ending people were stuck with”, rather than the actual end. So there is something to be said for the idea of it being a bad one.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Background Pony #F84C  
Which ending are we talking about? The season two ending, or the ending for Twin Peaks: The Return? Because I know that he didn’t get to end season two like he’d wanted to due to the network pulling funding (and honestly they had a lot of interference in it), and that for a while that was the ending people were stuck with.
Background Pony #F84C
@Background Pony #F84C
Which ending are we talking about? The season two ending, or the ending for Twin Peaks: The Return? Because I know that he didn’t get to end season two like he’d wanted to due to the network pulling funding (and honestly they had a lot of interference in it), and that for a while that was the ending people were stuck with.
Ah, sorry, since we were talking about ending on cliffhangers I was thinking of the original season two ending rather than the later stuff. I should have specified that.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Ruby Rose has already left her role as Batwoman on CW’s Batwoman show.

Considering some of the more toxic responses to the show, i hope she’s ok.
Background Pony #4DEC
@icey wicey 1517  
That’s a tragedy, I loved her. However, she did get pretty badly injured during a stunt. Two herniated discs, and as she said, “and they were close to severing my spinal cord. I was in chronic pain and yet couldn’t feel my arms.” Continuing to do those stunts while that much more prone to the same injury (you never heal totally 100%) is something I can’t blame anyone for noping out of.

(The backlash to the show’s also an understandable reason, but I figure that’s something she’s used to. I can’t imagine it’s easy being a high-profile lesbian. No matter how many people support you, you’ve still got a target on your back.)
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Background Pony #4DEC

To be fair I saw quite a few women (both LGBT and otherwise) say that they didn’t care for the show’s writing but that they were willing to let it grow since the first seasons of the other CW shows were a little rough too.

Plus it may not have JUST been the injury, but we probably won’t know for certain.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Jarkes  
The injury is probably a major factor in it tbh.

Like since the show requires a lot of stuntwork that go go wrong, probably not wise to try and contiue doing it after your already broke something sensitive in your body.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Speaking of SONIC. I will praise Sonic Boom for bringing me my most favorite version of Knuckles ever.

This meathead right here.

full

I kinda wish all subsequent Knuckles will follow his example but unfortunately we know that fans hate it, that he’s dumber than the weights he lifts.
Dex Stewart
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@tehwatever  
I definitely prefer Boom Knuckles over any other,but his personality here is so radically different I can see why fans would have a problem,like Lola in Looney Tunes show.She’s fine,but nothing like she was ever portrayed before.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide