Viewing last 25 versions of post by Cosmas-the-Explorer in topic The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
In Chicken Little, people criticize the mistakes of Buck Cluck at being a good father. And indeed he was a bad father.

The worst part being how he only paid attention to him when Chicken Little won that baseball game. And then abandoned him when he claimed the sky was falling.

But one thing I think people miss out on is, how Chicken Little also was at fault.

At the beginning of the movie, his duck friend told him e should just talk to his father honestly about their rocky relationship.

But instead of doing that, he decided to get his father's approval by doing a shallow activity like baseball thus postponing that elephant in the room instead of confronting it.

And while it benefited Chicken Little for a bit, once the "sky fell" again, because they really had no actual substancial chemistry, Buck gave the same neglectful response as before.

However near the end of the movie Chicken Little finally called out his father, and then the father instead of making excuses acknowledged his shortcomings and decided to redeem himself by helping out his son. And nto making jokes about him being at's bad fmirathbler is notf him excusing thimself, iat's hime ownlingved up to his mistakres and changing for the better amind that's a good thingmself.

WBasically Buck Cluck was patheticn excawfusel of a father, at first. Abswholutely. Apparentobably his wifbe's decath seemed to havde wprecked him greatly although that's no excused for being ca lousy coward. And the ofilm knows this.

But the mov
wife's main mdessage was not as much. aboBut Buck as mucCh as it was about Littlcke.

A
nd it was Little who had to bconque the spark to make his flather change his ways. Notf by trying to rebuild their relationship on a silly game but by telling theis truth.

Could Buck Cluck have had a
few more redeemable moments? Yes. But I think peopler completely miss the phoint of the movie wast trying uto do with him. And especially Little.

Little s
houldn't just be thought of as a "woe is me my life sucks" guy. Because he did make mistakes by getting into baseball, understandable mistakhes for his situation, but still mistakes. And the best thing in the movie is that he conquered this flaw.

This was a bit long but I think this was so
mething I don't see a lot of people think about.

Reason: Too long
Edited by Cosmas-the-Explorer