Automotive enthusiasts?

FuckItsDaytimeAgain
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am the sober horse
@RainbowDash69

It’s easy to realize that the wheel covers and mud guards were thought out for the best possible drag coefficient, however designs like that can’t really be utilized today, as in that configuration they generate lift.

If you were to design a car that tapers down from the roof into the back, it would generate a big amount of lift in the rear axle, that’s why most cars with that shape, actually require a wing, almost do to safety reasons.

If not the case, the design is reserved to cars where fuel economy is the selling point, like the Prius. This shape probably and unfortunately contributes to the car’s poor low speed handling, since they had to tune it to understeer, so it wouldn’t oversteer once aerodynamics kick in.

I was noticing actually how the fourth gen Prelude has a the rear side quarters tapered into the back and a lifted bottom tail, probably the only way to get a small rear cross section (and for so a great drag coefficient) without the car producing lift (I’m talking bout the bone stock base model, when the are slammed you can barely notice).
CalypsoFantasy
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Pre-1932 US car fan
@RainbowDash69  
The Honda Clarity is an interesting car, too bad we don’t get it in Europe. I like the Crosstour too.

Two days ago I actually saw a North American Honda Accord on my way to work. We got the US built Accord Coupe in Europe (our Accord was the JDM Domani, built in Swindon in the UK) but I could tell it was a US version as it had a small square front plate. Since I currently work in Hessen it was probably a GI’s car registered somewhere in a US military base.
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@FuckItsDaytimeAgain  
The Model X is in a weird category where it’s too low to be an SUV and the hatch means it’s not a sedan. I like its body shape if nothing else. It’s practical and looks all right. If only a tall hatchback like that were made with a proper engine and not by a company owned by a man I despise.
Flying Pancake
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

@kleptomage  
Okay, I think I’ve got it- more of a big kammback sort of shape than just a 150% scale hatchback. That’s a good body shape, it’s a shame it’s not used more. The only things I can think of that sort of look like that would be the Prius, second-generation Insight, and Aztek. Not exactly the most appealing group of cars.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

There are seven Porsches at this hotel - one a Macan and the others mostly 911s including a 944. That’s rather unusual for a remote town. They must be some traveling club.
kleptomage

@CalypsoFantasy  
I thought Pergeot was pronounced “per-go.” At least, that is how I have heard it pronounced.

I blame French for being an illogical language that refuses to spell words how they are actually pronounced.
Flying Pancake
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

@kleptomage  
That’s more or less why VW’s big US-only SUV is named the Atlas- nobody could figure out how to spell or say “Touareg,” which supposedly hurt sales.

And I know it’s “Hunday,” but I thought years ago they ran a commercial that ended with “heunn-die” said in sort of a breathy whisper, almost like they were trying to sound exotic and mysterious, or something.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide