The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Salamenace
Hey, I understand it as well. I grew up with the 4Kids dub of Sonic X. I ate that shit up every time it came on, no matter how bad it ended up being in hindsight.
But they gotta understand that a hacked up dub from the late 90s made to sell toys isn’t gonna fly with a modern Adult Swim audience. And that’s not even considering how the original creator likely feels about it.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@phoenixacezero
The DiC/Cloverway dub. DiC did the original and R, while Cloverway did S and SuperS (which is where the whole “cousins” thing came from).
The newer Viz dub is completely uncut, which thankfully means that the queer relationships are kept in-tact.
Dex Stewart
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I’ve been catching up on movies I’ve collected.
Last night I watched Orgazmo, a movie about a Mormon missionary who gets mixed up acting in adult films and then uncovers a crime ring. You can spot a ton of actors and elements that would go on to pop up in South Park.
Tonight I’m watching The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. Quite a different film.
I don’t usually watch dramas. Well made. I don’t know if it’s my copy but the audio is horrible. Good thing there’s subtitles. Pretty heavy subject matter. I looked up some reviews and was surprised how many were just complaints about it not being historically accurate. Like yeah? It’s fiction. It never claimed anything else. Seems accurate enough for the most part.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Dex Stewart
The inaccuracy(reporting from what others said, I never read the book or watched the film) was that it presented Nazi Anti-Semitism as something one could avoid knowing about in Nazi Germany(apparently the son of the Nazi commander didn’t know about Jews or anti-semitism, something like that)
The problem with this is that Nazi antisemitism was omnipresent in German society at the time, the Nazis not only openly displayed antisemitic propaganda but further more, while the execution/genocide of Jews was kept secret, the persecution and deportation of Jewish people was very much not, people knew Jews were being rounded up and deported and they saw it happen on the streets, they just didn’t know what happened to them after they got deported(although they were very much whispers about their eventual fate in the extermination camps)
Dex Stewart
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Commune
I figured Bruno, the main kid was young enough to be reasonably naive about everything. His family knew what was going on, his sister was all about it, I figured he’d been taught and it just didn’t sink in because he was too busy thinking about pretending to be an airplane.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
Alright, final manga haul before the big move.
You guys enjoy seeing Black Clover in these hauls? I hope you do, because there won’t be another volume out until next year.
Also, play Freedom Planet 2.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
I like it when Zombie Stories have a secondary crisis which helps justify why Militaries and Governments are overwhelmed.
Zombies alone can eventually be conquered by competent societies that know how to fight the infection but that’s not easy when there’s a civil war or environmental disaster ongoing at the same time.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
COVID could’ve been beaten by something as simple as wearing a mask. That was too much to ask for.
COVID could’ve been beaten if there weren’t swaths of people attending “COVID parties” to intentionally get sick.
NGL, as I’ve said before COVID was the best thing to happen to the zombie genre. Now the only thing unrealistic about how people act in them is if there isn’t a scene of people running towards the horde while screaming “It’s a hoax!”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide