MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Andyxdr
When contracts, usually using loopholes, take another person’s copyright, like if you sign up to get your show put on TV, you give up the rights to your IP. The name comes from Making Fiends, which was one such example.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@Roseluck
@Wiimeiser
G4 just had the bad luck of being released right when the focus for many in the industry was games on smartphone, and mobile was seen as the next big frontier for gaming. As it’s become clear to them that mobile and PC/Console are different things that can coexist, there’s been a much better balance (hence G5 having both).
And it’s kind of hard to fault them on their decision, I’m sure Magic Princess alone made them more money than a proper console game ever would’ve. Why even bother putting resources into a more expensive product at that point?
Relatedly, I’ve just picked up Zephyr Heights Mystery on Switch.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Dragonpone
This too. But it didn’t help that shooter and open world were really the only two corporate-viable non-mobile genres at the time.
@Andyxdr
I had nothing to do with Making Fiends, other than bringing it up. It was the work of Amy Winfrey and the actions of Nickelodeon. Sorry if I misunderstood.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Dragonpone
@Wiimeiser
Thanks for the info.
Played some more. Gonna say the new game is better in almost every way, but I think I like the town of Maretime Bay more than the city of Zephyr Heights.
I also watched some episodes. I like G5 but I don’t love it like I loved G4. Then again, going from “a whole brand new fantasy world full of endless possibilities” to “current people, except they’re ponies and have some magic” was always gonna be a downgrade for me.
(hard to compete with G4’s gorgeous art style and character designs too)
Background Pony #7ABB
After watching the recent Tell Your Tale episode I am started to get this feeling
It’s that since all of these season 2 episodes were already made in 2023 I have this gut feeling that the reason why they have made those episodes like with them teasing Skyros and Sunny’s Mom is that they didn’t know Make Your Mark was gonna end in 2023 and thought they were making these episodes to tease what was going to come in the Make Your Mark series if it was still going for 2024
I’m sure that made that episode teasing Skyros and Sunny and what happen to her mom plus a few other instances because they thought we Make Your Mark was gonna tackle these in its own episodes and leave it for that not knowing that Hasbro had well other plans for Make Your Mark
Tell Your Tale remember teased Misty’s redemption in Make Your Mark chapter 4 and Opaline’s defeat in Chapter 6 so it’s possibly this is the case
Background Pony #7ABB
@Background Pony #DE76
Like I said given these episodes were made in 2023 I feel like that made those episodes teasing Skyros,Sunny’s Mom and Allrua and the rest of the Starlight Ridge for Make Your Mark thinking that it would resume in 2024 not knowing that Hasbro had already axed it
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
https://doblaje.fandom.com/es/wiki/My_Little_Pony:_Un_misterio_en_Zephyr_Heights
Just found out the new game’s Latin American Spanish dub was done in Mexico (like G3.5, G4, ANG, MYM and season 1 of TYT), but with an almost entirely different voice cast: Jessica Ángeles (Vapor Trail) as Sunny, Javier Olguín (Flash Sentry) as Hitch, Melissa Gedeón (Pinkie Pie in G4 and ANG) as Izzy, Romina Marroquín Payró (Princess Cadance) as Misty, and Annie Rojas (Apple Bloom’s singing voice, Starlight and Ruby Jubilee) as Pipp. Zipp’s VA still is unknown.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
https://doblaje.fandom.com/es/wiki/My_Little_Pony:_Un_misterio_en_Zephyr_Heights
Just found out the new game’s Latin American Spanish dub was done in Mexico (like G3.5, G4, ANG, MYM and season 1 of TYT), but with an almost entirely different voice cast: Jessica Ángeles (Vapor Trail) as Sunny, Javier Olguín (Flash Sentry) as Hitch, Melissa Gedeón (Pinkie Pie in G4 and ANG) as Izzy, Romina Marroquín Payró (Princess Cadance) as Misty, and Annie Rojas (Apple Bloom’s singing voice, Starlight and Ruby Jubilee) as Pipp. Zipp’s VA still is unknown.
Zipp’s VA may be Leyla Rangel (G4 Sweetie Belle from S4E4 onwards and Trixie from Rainbow Rocks onwards), as apparently all additional voices in this game are done by Jessica, Javier, Melissa, Romina, Lourdes Arruti (Queen Haven, the only character who wasn’t recast) and Leyla.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@Mr.Myoozik
Maybe some worker descended from a former Rainbow Factory worker. And he wants to be hidden.
@Wiimeiser
I don’t mind open world given Equestria in the older times was that big. But I was thinking a RPG would work as well. But you know, little girls don’t like or know that genre.
@Roseluck
I hope you’re watching MYM.
@Background Pony #7ABB
Wouldn’t it be nice?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide