Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #9C9C
Please choose one, and only one, way that you are going to post here going forward. Since you have been posting here named - logged on and posting as yourself - please resume doing that and then keep doing that.
Otherwise you do appear to be sockpuppeting.
Background Pony #9C9C
Deletion reason: Rule #6 - Your excuses notwithstanding, please re-read our rules, and follow them.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The GOP really want to lose Arizona.
They appointed two unpopular loons to the state conference. One was a former lawmaker that was expelled, the other is an indicted fake elector and current state representative.
Given that this is the same state party that is almost financially bankrupt, and has to also prop up Lake…
Poison Trail
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

This just goes to show that the GOP isn’t looking to win democratically. They expect to be able to slam down the (legislative) five pieces of Exodia on election day and declare their alternate win condition to be valid.
The sad thing is, we’re watching them successfully being allowed to do their shitfuckery and readying up for their coup while the clearly corrupt SCOTUS already made it clear that they’re in on the plan.
Wouldn’t be surprising at all to see other states follow through with the all-in attempt.
Background Pony #1D40
@BlitztheDragon
Huh… I also thought this was a fake. Thanks for the background. And yes, they really did post it, with the comment of “When your fellow classmates put on a keffiyeh just to scream “we are Hamas!” And “bomb Tel Aviv!” in your face, it becomes a symbol of hate. #Truth”.
confrontational style
An understatement. But they aren’t the only ones trying to convince people using messages indistinguishable from parody and then wondering why it fails.
BlitztheDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Oh yeah, I’m all too familiar with those. PETA comes to mind, as does this one anti-abortion group on my campus years ago that handed me a pamphlet with the crematorium at Auschwitz photoshopped to be full of bloody aborted fetuses titled “Abortion: The New Holocaust.”
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
RuSSia has hit the Harry Potter castle in Odessa with a missile. 4 dead, 27 injured, and none are military.
Par for the course for Putler.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
One of the things that’s been bugging me was people pointing out, with merit, how the current zeitgeist is obsessing over the current Gazan genocide vs their ongoing apartheid or even the several other genocides also going on. The Uyghurs over in China or the Yemenis in the Middle East.
It’s been kicking around my head for the last few weeks and I’ve been wondering why this one gets mainstream attention while the others do not. And honestly the best answer I can come up with is, in fact, because Israel’s involved, but not for immediately apparent reasons.
Since the Oct 7 massacre Israel has been getting wall to wall coverage, but this has had a knock on effect of spotlighting how insane the dynamic Israel has with Palestine is. Said coverage wants and tries to coddle Israel and portray them as a victim of terroristic violence (which, to be fair, they were. Oct 7 was a tragedy). But the continued focus on Israel’s actions also exposes just how disproportionate their response has been, something magnified by how widespread the internet has become in just the last decade or more. This causes a case of enantiodromia where such superabundance of insistence towards one thing is causing the opposite to be achieved.
It’s certainly not helped that Israel absolutely sucks at PR. World leaders were all too willing to just blindly protect their settler-colonialist project, so Israel never had to get good at BSing war or humanitarian crimes. But everyone has access to the internet in their pocket, so for the first time they are fighting on their back foot when it comes to image rehab.
That’s about the best I can rationalize why this genocide is different from the others also currently happening.
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I imagine that the wall-to-wall media coverage attempting to spin Israel’s response positively has been a factor for sure. I also imagine another big factor is - as you briefly mentioned - because Israel has been a settler-colonial pet project of predominately NATO nations, especially the US. Since the US tries to style itself as “the good guy” so much, unconditionally supporting an apartheid state is going to draw more scrutiny than a genocide committed by “the bad guys,” such as the People’s Republic of China.
There’s also other factors, if we use the ongoing genocide of the Uighur as an example. First, most of the world (to my knowledge) recognizes Xinjiang as being within China’s de jure borders and therefore part of China. Palestine’s status in relation to the state of Israel is far murkier and more controversial on the international stage. Then you have the fact that the PRC is the king of censorship among the world powers, so they can simply cut down on how much news about their genocide gets out into the broader information sphere.
As for the ongoing genocides in Ethiopia, the Central African Republic, South Sudan, hell most of Sub-Saharan Africa? Well Western media oftentimes pretends that part of the world doesn’t even exist.
Background Pony #1D40
@Dustcan
Ease of spreading information certainly is one reason.
Another obvious reason is that any topic, related to Israel or Jews, that people feel strongly about is automatically going to be controversial because there’s a lot of people who want to portray Israel and/or Jews in extremely negative light and a lot of people who want to do so in extremely positive light.
More differences:
China is quiet about Uyghurs, doesn’t do abrupt, flashy moves and wants everyone to forget. Most people don’t know that much about what is going on there; either nothing or only allegiations of genocide and China’s denial. So people talking about it are typically those who are anti-China. And they don’t have a good way of affecting China’s decisions.
Unlike Uyghurs’ plight, the conflict in Yemen is a war, so normally would be considered flashy and newsworthy. Except it’s “just another war in the Middle East”, so it doesn’t get as much reporting as it could. For most westerners it’s unknown, boring or hard to understand - “some Arabs are fighting with other Arabs, IDK why”. And again, people who care, don’t really have a good way to affect Saudi Arabia’s decisions.
Meanwhile the whole situation in Israel started with a flashy terrorist attack that was widely publicized. Israel wanted everyone to hear about that attack a lot, so it was publicized even more than normally. Then Israel’s offensive started and it was another loud thing to report on. Info about who is fighting who and why is readily available. People understand more about this conflict and they also knew more about Palestine than Yemen or Xinjiang to begin with. In addition, Israel is a democratic country with heavy ties to US (and even got US military aid specifically for this conflict), so it should be easier to affect Israel’s decisions, either directly or by affecting USA’s decisions.
Niggoslav_Krawczyk
Duck - Niggoslav_Kwaczyk
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Drinky_Butt

VIVA LA NOCTE
@Background Pony #1D40 I mean, they’re a hundred percent correct, but that’s not really related to the thread ;þ
@The Smiling Pony the only reason they would have AA now is because they already got whacked by a lack of it xD

Not to mention your standard everyday Russians doing Russian things:
https://www.newsweek.com/russian-commander-crashed-pantsir-missile-system-bridge-1854974
@The Smiling Pony worse than a psyop, it’s Dershowitz’ group
Well not group group, he doesn’t own them, but they regularly back up his insane Zionism slogans and use them on billboards. A couple got vandalised by leftypol with Dershojak beseeching the reader to “CONDOOOOM HOOOMAS
They also trended the “#MeTooUnlessUrAJew” tags and used it on a few interviews, comical ass mofos. PeTA is deffo an apt comparison.
Most of their dumbest stunts go unrecorded cuz it’s often against a platform’s TOS, so it’s only up a couple days for outrage farming.
Directly analogous to the student groups that display pro-october 7th materials at Columbia and Oberlin
@Dustcan Israel wasn’t even bothering with its PR a lot of the time, they let neocons and Corp dems handle it
If you look at pre-2010 sharticles on Jerusalem Post/Times of Israel there were lots of American contributors.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Dustcan
Honestly the media hasn’t been that kind to Israel, every other article that praises Israel is accompanied by one that points out their occupation in the West Bank or the disproportionate response
The media is still too friendly to Israel, but even the NYT, who’s lead editor on their Israel department is a self proclaimed Zionist, publishes a lot of critical pieces on Israel’s conduct in the war
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Commune
Despite their bias in favor of Israel, even five figures worth of civilian casualties in the span of a few months is starting to get a little too much to be simply written off as “collateral damage” (especially when they’ve conveyed so much outrage over the Russian invasion of Ukraine prior to that, which, for all its war crimes and deliberate targeting of civilians, doesn’t even come close in conflict asymmetry to Israel’s disproportionate retribution in Gaza — can’t expunge every IDF “blunder” from the narrative anymore, especially when they end up taking out foreign reporters and humanitarians too).
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
@SleepySteve
Make for the nearest blue or purple state as soon as you can. I know at least one user speaks highly of Virginia, although I’d personally recommend Nevada (even though it’s on the other side of the country from you.)

Trump was just fined $9000 for violating a gag order and was even threatened jailtime for contempt. Dude needs to learn when to shut the fuck up!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide