Mario Discussion

Background Pony #E9EC
Thoughts on the Mario vs Donkey Kong remake? I enjoyed it for what it is but man they really sucked out all the personality & charm that the original game had, on top of the remake unnecessarily toning down the original game’s difficulty by getting rid of the score system & falling damage.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@Background Pony #E9EC
I played the demo, and I liked it, and the difficulty can be adjusted.
Though, I agree some changes make it lose some charm. Because the original GBA game was made by an American company, (Nintendo Software Technology) it had things like classic cartoon stock sound effects, which made me nostalgic, more humor, a more talkative Mario, and made it feel like a Rareware game, or something.
Background Pony #E9EC
@Beau Skunky
Yeah I’m pretty disappointed in how the remake turned out, especially for someone like me who adores the original Mario vs Donkey Kong on GBA & was actually excited for the remake. The remake as a whole just felt soulless to me. Not to say the game is bad, I still had some fun with the remake, but I wouldn’t say it’s the superior way to play the game, I still think the original GBA version is better. The amount of personality & charm the original game had really made that game special.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@Shyette
It’s great, the only issue it has is not very many bosses, but it makes up for it with it’s gameplay variety.
@Background Pony #E9EC
Yeah, though personally, I think the Gameboy Donkey Kong ’94 game was better then Mario VS DK. Kinda wish they remade that instead.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Happy Mar10 Day!
I’m so excited for the announcement of the Mario movie sequel (even though it won’t be out until 2026, but hey you can’t rush perfection)
Also nice to know Paper Mario and Luigi’s Mansion are coming out soon this year.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Aro Half Kitsune
For some reason, some of the early Mario sports games like “Mario Golf” and “Mario Tennis” on GBC didn’t let you play as Mario from the get-go.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Aro Half Kitsune
@Beau Skunky
I guess, shame there’s no connectivity option for the N64 version on Switch.
Although I do plan to enter a code and enter one of the tournaments, even though that’s been long obsolete. No reason really, just to say I participated.
Background Pony #E9EC
So reviews for Princess Peach Showtime is out, & apparently it’s been getting some not so great reviews, the game is currently sitting at 74 on Metacritic. Yikes…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide