I think I'm being harrassed by a mod!? 3 uploads deleted in 3 days!

*Rainbow Dash*
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I never use the forums as I’ve never really have a need too, but NOW I need to because this is getting out of control!
Please I need help!
I have been generating and uploading AI art for over 3 months now and other than the very first time of uploading more than 2 because i didn’t know about the limit there has been no problems and mind you now i have almost 200 AI art uploads under my belt so this aint my first rodeo and again have had no problems till now all of a sudden!
So the first incident was of course 3 days ago. I wake up to find one of the 2 uploads gone and there no notification or message as to why! So i had to hit the back button to get back to the page then hit reload to see its gone and for the reason why… rule #3 ghosting signature….I was like what!??? So my image had a tiny tiny ai generated signature in the bottom corner and you could barely see it. me personally who the heck cares but if its a rule fine what ever but the decent and common courtesy thing a person (mod) can do is just message me saying that the image cant have a ghost signature and it need to be fixed or it will be deleted so just resubmit a fixed version and i can merge it with the original post….. that would sound reasonable to me! but no, just a delete and silence!
The second night another one got deleted and while I can almost understand why with this one, I can’t when you consider all the rest of the AI art that gets uploaded every day by so many people that do the same thing and they are not getting deleted…. this one had two characters sleeping peacefully together and was very well generated with the exception that it gave Soarin a really long penis….and mind you it still looks really good and nothings malformed. just a longer than average penis. and again no notification or message explaining why it was deleted, just said rule #3 and nothing else….. why would just an impossibly large penis get it deleted when theres plenty of ai art with impossibly large tits, impossibly large stomachs, heck even other ai images also with impossibly penises and they are not getting deleted!?
then the 3rd and most egregious deletion! i worked hours on this and there was nothing wrong with it!!! I about crapped my pants when i woke up an hour ago to find one of the images i worked on for hours was deleted!!! mind you both images i uploaded were the same with the difference is that one was a cum version and the first one uploaded was a non cum version. the non cum version was deleted and I was just in shock and disbelief at this point!!! again 0 message or notification as to why! So i again go back to the image page hit reload and see that it just says rule #3….the eye is malformed…..ARE YOU FLIPPIN KIDDING ME!!!!???? No it is not! it looks perfectly fine for an AI generated eye! there is no way that a piece that looks amazing that I also worked on for hours should be deleted because one person of power says they don’t like the way an eye looks!!! (and again theres nothing egregiously wrong with it!)
So please i ask for help and assistance and input!
Oh and for reference, the original images are posted here on my twitter as my most recent posts! https://twitter.com/RainbowDashing
*Rainbow Dash*
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

@StarIsEnby
no, i have no idea as i don’t get any notifications! and just for reference the very first time I uploaded AI art I posted 6 not knowing the limit of 2 so of course 4 got deleted, but the mod messaged me explaining the issue.
StarIsEnby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Star!!!
@*Rainbow Dash*
It does seem abuse of power-esc, a quick browse through your twitter profile and if the art style wasn’t so different and you never specified it was AI I probably wouldn’t have been able to tell, I don’t post much AI art so I can’t tell really though but I do hope this is taken care of
VenisonCreamPie
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Artist -

Venni's Pony Addiction
I am urging you to tone down the energy of your complaint~<3 This Image Board is one of the few communities that even allow ai content at all. And it is still very much still trying to figure out it’s stance going forward. It is user responsibility to know about the rules in place. So anything regarding the upload limit and ghost signatures is on us to be on top of. Regarding some of the more subjective deletions.. the forum is not the best place in my opinion to bring these concerns up, it very open and vocal, and just giving a chance for those who don’t want AI Images on the platform at all to voice their opinion. That is just my opinion.
AI Content is currently being reported more heavily by users that do not want it on the platform. We are being held to a higher standard.. that is not necessarily a bad thing in terms of ensuring that mostly the very best pieces earn their place here.. I expect the spike in reporting to be temporary.. but we really should hold ourselves to the rules and standards in order to show that we are worth preserving as contributors to the site.
VenisonCreamPie
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Artist -

Venni's Pony Addiction
AI Generated is filtered out to be hidden by default. Unless you choose the Everything Filter, or Opt in by choosing to unhide the tag. You will not see it. So yes. It is easy to not see it, but those against having AI Content on Derpibooru at all are not satisfied with this. They want it all gone.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@*Rainbow Dash*
If you would like to come to Support on our Discord server someone can talk with you about those images. We can also do so in private if you’d prefer using the appeals channel.
But, in brief, your images were deleted for Rule #3, including malformed ai anatomy - like, body horror levels of malformed anatomy - and, yes, ghost signatures. We do expect people to be doing at least the minimum post-generation work to remove things like signatures and to fix badly malformed anatomy.
And, for what it is worth, there were several staff involved in those deletions. It’s not some individual singling you out.
*Rainbow Dash*

@Ciaran
its just odd for it to happen 3 times in a row suddenly, but more importantly with 0 notifications.
again the first one i get, but just tell a person to fix it so one can update accordingly,
the second one is more understandable but still petty in comparison to other stuff allowed on here, but whatever, this one i care the least about.
the third one is what really got me… an eye….an eye. looks more than good to me! also which eye??? again i never get any direct message or notification to tell me exactly whats wrong.
i can understand not messaging or notifying when deleting stuff thats clearly terrible even from the thumbnail or stuff thats clearly shit posting and especially more so with repeat offenders, but people who create mostly full body duo and trio character images usually spend hours creating and editing to get anything decent! (a monkey with a typewriter can generate most solo stuff within minutes) for instance i had about 5 hours in the 2 i posted last night and to not get any message about it and lump it into the same category as deleted random no effort bad images… well thats just outright bad etiquette….
all you have to do for ones that have just 1 or 2 small ‘‘violations’’ is to message the creator (provided the image was uploaded by the prompter) and ask them to fix it and post the fix so it then can be merged with the initial upload.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Since you’re still posting about it here, I’ll assume you’re ok with this being discussed publicly.
its just odd for it to happen 3 times in a row suddenly
You’ve uploaded 7 ai generated images in the last 54 hours. Out of those 3 were deleted. It seems like we’re looking at them as they are uploaded and responding as quickly as we can.
Older uploads are less likely to be reported - that they were probably on the front page of the site when they were reported might be why it happened so quickly.
but more importantly with 0 notifications.
Yeah. Replying to people can be very difficult unless it’s something like trying to keep someone from being banned or talking with artists about copyright issues or other concerns.
In the last day we’ve handled about 40 reports, and it’s taking us an average of 3 hours to work each report. Right now we’re keeping up, but obviously we’re not sending PMs to every individual for every ai generated image that is deleted for Rule #3 or Rule #6 because our focus is helping human made art and artists.
Sometimes, when the load is low and someone has the time, we do. But when there are artists waiting for help they get priority. For example, I do send PMs for Rule #1 (unless it’s a really bad offender), and issues involving actual art and artists. Those are where my priorities are.
But I almost never send PMs about Rule #3.
the third one is what really got me… an eye….an eye. looks more than good to me! also which eye???
This eye.
Once you see it, it’s hard to unsee. It’s … super uncanny valley. In context, with the rest of the image, this is the stuff of nightmares.
again i never get any direct message or notification to tell me exactly whats wrong.
Excuse me for being blunt, but if this had been actual art, or if it had been deleted for Rule #1 or something that could be a bannable offense, I would have sent you a PM. But given that it’s ai generated, and is just being deleted for Rule #3, it doesn’t really rise to that level.
You aren’t in line for a ban because of this. It’s just a Rule #3. No harm, no foul. Please don’t do it again.
When you will get a PM for these Rule #3 deletions is when it starts taking us enough time to process that someone notices “Hey - I’m doing a lot of these for this one person. Maybe I’ll send them a PM to try to see if I can help them not do this any more.”
Which is very different than stuff like Rule #1, where it’s more along the lines of “If they do this again they are banned, so I’d better talk with them now to see if I can prevent that.”
i can understand not messaging or notifying when deleting stuff thats clearly terrible even from the thumbnail or stuff thats clearly shit posting and especially more so with repeat offenders
People repeat offending are more likely to get a warning, and then banned if they repeat offend. In bad cases, like for Rule #1, the ban is also the warning.
But, even now, looking at the thumbnail of your image it is, to me at least, body horror levels of hard to look at.
hours creating and editing to get anything decent!
Given how long you worked on these, why didn’t you fix the eye or remove the signatures?
then can be merged with the initial upload
With ai generated that is very problematic. In your case it would have put you over the 2 images per day limit again.
2LDR: Our intention is to continue to focus on human made art. When similar things happen with actual artworks, I do send PMs to the artist or uploader and will work to try to find a way to fix the problems and get the image back on the site in a way that doesn’t break any rules.
But I’m not investing that much time with ai generated images - especially in the case that they don’t even rise to the level of quality that we expect for them not to be deleted for Rule #3.
I am very sorry if that sounds harsh, but I do want to be direct and honest about this with you.
*Rainbow Dash*

@Ciaran
To answer the one question i didn’t even know about the “ghost tag” rule so i didn’t think nothing about it and now that i do know about it it shouldn’t happen again…at least not intentionally.
And for the the second question….art is subjective and for me that little eye imperfection would of never registered as a….“body horror” to me and seems so minor to me. Up till now ive never known or experienced the qualification to be so strict. So not hearing why initially can be…distressing.
I do apologize for my hastey reaction/response, but experiencing this the way it happened from my perspective i hope you can see the reason i why i thought the way i did.
Again im sorry for any inconvenience as i always try to do things the right way.
Background Pony #8765
[…] i didn’t even know about the “ghost tag” rule so i didn’t think nothing about it and now that i do know about it it shouldn’t happen again…at least not intentionally.
Please review the Site Rules page, rule #3 bullet point that is specifically about AI standards, and the Frequently Asked Questions page which has an item, “Rule 3: My AI Generated image was deleted for low quality, but it looked great?”, and the pinned thread in this forum named “New AI Policy”.
[…] but more importantly with 0 notifications.
According to this post from The Smiling Pony, the site used to automatically notify users when a post was deleted, but that ended up with enough people just complaining to mods which made it worse than having people not know what was wrong.
I agree with you that doesn’t seem…right, but I also haven’t been a moderator to see the other side of things.
Since they’re often already going to the trouble of writing what was wrong in the deletion message (like here >>3321955 (deleted)), it seems like it could be productive to have automatic notifications being optional, like a checkbox, since a moderator might have a notion whether the uploader was operating in good faith and would be receptive to knowing about it.
Then again, considering that you, someone who says they expected to be notified about the deletion reasons, also jumped to saying “these weren’t even that bad and other people haven’t had their uploads deleted”, maybe it really would be too much of a waste of their time even for the good-faith posters.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide