Gun Discussion

Generals » Gun Discussion Search Posts
Background Pony #AA1F
As in, penetrate the armor, set s fuze and explode inside
To fire through cover, you would need a much bigger gun.
how you’d fire at a enemy in cover without the system accidentally picking a tree or a wall and exploding prematurely
Wikipedia article I linked has an explanation: the shells measure travelled distance by counting their rotations and explode when reaching the desired distance. They don’t directly sense the obstacles.

OH

I’m so sorry my man I beg your pardon, I didn’t open your page and immediately assumed you were talking about the Barrett XM109 or the XM307 Advanced Crew Served Weapon (ACSW). I’m so sorry man, I admit I was at fault, didn’t open the Wikipedia link Dx
Yep, the Denel Systems would be the Neopup (cute name) PAW-20, I think, unless you mean the Denel NTW-20
Neopup PAW-20

Denel NTW-20
The Ukrainians are also developing the RGSh-30 grenade launcher
RD4590
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
As in, penetrate the armor, set s fuze and explode inside
Wikipedia article I linked has an explanation: the shells measure travelled distance by counting their rotations and explode when reaching the desired distance. They don’t directly sense the obstacles.
That is ingenius. And in modern warfare, the sniper may be guided by drones or radar to point at the target direction. And the rifle automatically programs the shell with information provided by radar/drones/satellite via the command center server. This particular project may not succeed bur smart firearms are now becoming a thing.
RD4590
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
To not mention that the ones supposed to use these kind of weaponry are, as far as I read; Kim Jong Un’s personal guards and special forces, both of which seem really bad to have a jam in the first place.
But at least it seems decently workable. I’m not sure if the same can be said about their ‘Anti Tank Grenade Launcher/AT Rifle’:

Rifle grenade appeared in WW1, pioneered by the Brits. Then in WW2 the Japs used it in large scale. And now Japs are also using it as an anti-tank weapon.
The concept became obsolete when RPG and M72 LAW came out. They are easier to load. And if you have to fire grenade with a rifle, there are under-barrel grenade launchers like the M203.
RD4590
Artist -

Vortex Clipper

Because of the diversity of terrain, there are many places in the world where tanks and armed vehicles cannot reach, and where calvaries can still be useful, at least in patrol.
Here’s a PLA calvary lieutenant with a 95 Carbine.
synthfen
Artist -

Lyra Heartstrings Luvr!
Hey, I don’t know if this question should goes here, but does anyone know if the silver thing on Anton Chigurh’s Remington 1187 is a silencer or suppressor? *I am still new to guns!*
RD4590
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
@synthfen
Did a bit of lookaround. In English context, “silencer” and “suppressor” both refer to sound-reducing muzzle device. The recoil compensator is called “muzzle brake”.
But in Chinese language, “suppressor” is often referred to as muzzle brake so I got confused as well.
RD4590
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
There is also the flash suppressor, which mainly reduces muzzle flame and can be confused with muzzle brake.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide