The Diary of Acid Flask (Pony)

Acid Flask
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

Chemical Enginer

Day one

All was quite on the first day. I went into work knowing about the whispers that a New Revolution was stirring up in the under belly of Canterlot. My wife at the time Blood Moon, a bat pony, was talking about it, not in depths. I think she knew a bit more then she let on, but held back because I was Celestia’s head science stallion and her former student.
It was very normal at work, just a few of the bat pony guards started to get nervous, like something was coming. I was optimistic that if something were to start, Celestia would clean it up quickly. Boy was I very wrong.
I went home that day from work in the lab, ate, tucked Dox, my little adopted changeling, into bed before heading to bed with Moon.

Day Two

This day will live in my memory as one of the worst days in Equestrian history. I left home without seeing Blood Moon or Dox. I had assumed Moon went to drop Dox off at school early, so I didn’t think much of it at the time.
I went to work, but it wasn’t long until I heard it loud and clear. The ground shook from an explosion just a bit too far away for me to hear, and fighting braking out in the halls. Bat ponies were fighting the guards and even some of the night guards started to help them. I ran for Princess Celestia’s throne room to warn her, but it was too late. The bat ponies were already there along with a few night guards to help them. I did my best and helped Celestia and what remained of the royal guards out of the castle.
We fled to Ponyvill were we explained to Twilight what had happened. We quickly created defense between Ponyvill and Canterlot. It was not a moment too soon. Right when the first cannon fired at us from a troop heading towards us, we had just finished the trenches.
We found out latter that the troop was called the “Night Terrors”. With them was my wife, but I didn’t know that at the time yet.

(an image of the troop that survived the war. My wife is on the far right.)
They had brought a lot of cannons and was firing at us almost non stop. We were worried we would not be able to give Celestia and Twilight enough time to get reinforcements. We held just long enough for a group of Pegasus lead by Rainbow Dash to counter attack and push them back far enough were the cannons were useless. This only angered them. They built there own trench as more of bat ponies came down from the mountain. We found out later when a letter arrived from Spike, who had been in Canterlot on different duties, saying Luna had staged the revolution and wanted us to come quietly into the hooves of the New Luner Republic. (NLR)
Twilight was worried about Spike, but Celestia calmed her down before we had to sleep. Good thing there were volunteers in Ponyvill to help threw out the night. They called themself VFD (The World is Quite Here), I still need to find them and ask them about that.

Day 3

I found out that Blood Moon didn’t make it to Ponyvill. I had to move on for the moment, the time for love was after the war.
We were able to create a bomb that would be deployed by one of Ponyvill’s old planes. It pushed the line back and gave us time and space to breath. Somehow Celestia managed to get one of her councal members from Canterlot to Ponyvill. His name was watermelon rat. I didn’t trust him, but I had no options.
The NLR pushed back, but was quickly sqashed by our new member of the team. I later coined the term Solar Empire (SE).

Day 4-7

The days were so slow they almost seem to blur into each other. I would wake up, help plan another attack with Celestia and Twilight. We would get good ground before slipping again. This happened over and over again. I think the only reason we kept the front lines up was because of Watermelon and Red Flux.
A side note to mention is I kept loading the cannons wrong. I blew up a few doing that. Ops. ^^
Got to wonder if that’s why I haven’t been deployed back since day 5.

Day 8

The day right before the war ended. The NLR pushed with everything they had. Watermelon was trying his best and Red Flux was in the hospital at the time. We were so in need of help that I was deploid as a platoon leader. When the NLR ponies got close enough, we charged at them ouself.
We killed a lot of ponies that day. I killed a lot of ponies that day. I’m not proud, not even happy about it, but I thought it was the right thing to do at the time. That was untill I saw her standing across the battle field from me.
There she was, Blood Moon, standing across from me. Blood coated her armor. Mine was too. We were lost in shock and horror. In that moment, all I wanted to do was curl up into a ball and die right on the spot. But another emotion came threw and saved me. Love.
We ran to each other and took off our helmets. With out a word even spoke, we kissed for the first time in over a week.
That was the best kiss I think I’ve ever had. I didn’t want that moment to end. All I wanted was for the war to end so I could hug my wife again with out haveing to emeditly doge an incoming bomb from the NLR.
We got out of there with out a word before the bomb dropped.

Day 9

I know write this, sitting on the trench of the NLR as Celestia and Luna talk about an agreement in no mans land as the NLR called it. Right now I’m eating a sandwich with my wife next to me.
I think you might be wondering what happened to Dox. I am to. Just give me a sec to ask Moon.
. . .
OK, so apparently Luna has him somewhere in Canterlot Castle. I hope to the pony reading this will take away that war is never good. No one every wins in a war. It’s a game only one side losses a bit less.
I hope you take away that love is stronger then anger. That Friendship is magic.

The second story The Diary of Blood Moon can be found here: https://derpibooru.org/forums/writing/topics/the-diary-of-blood-moon-pony
Acid Flask
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

Chemical Enginer
Thanks, I didn’t want to make a full fledged story, so I settled with a diary of the main events, and a few funny ones. I’m going to do Blood Moon next, but not today.
Posted Report
Twiny Dust
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Artist -
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

NLR's Bodyguard
Ahhh Acid flask was the one who kept blowing up the cannons. Told you I just skimmed through it and apparently got your OCs mixed up, my bad.
‘Queue embarrassed anime back of head scratch’
Anyway, good work. I can see why you asked if I read it considering how Dark’s story had complete different take on what happened with Canterlot.
On to the next one!
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide