The Continuing Adventures of Medi-Bat

97blackbird

@Communist Starlight  
I checked it out, but they’re difficult to see any detail. Low light, (you probably struggled with your own cast-shadow) and a tighttly packed group photo that is impressive, but again, I can’t appreciate your paint and effort on individual units.  
Maybe it’s time to check out photography Youtubes..?
97blackbird

@Communist Starlight  
indeed, much better!  
Ork vehicles being in that weird steampunk (Internal Combustion punk???) lends to a lot of creative design. They always seemed to be the comic relief of that system. No-one else but orcs can ride a weapons-laden trike into battle while sporting aviator goggles and a drunken grin. It’s hill-billy tech with murderous intent.  
It’s what we would see if a terrorist organisation bombed the final, championship-deciding, NASCAR race of the season. That attack would trigger a section of America that has laid dormant for years, waiting with loaded shotgun at the ready for just such an occasion as this.  
All the scrap-metal in America would be cobbled together and launched at the first nation believed responsible. Those vehicles of alcohol-fueled imaginations would be borne to the shores of that offending nation by the world’s largest swamp-boat. The whole affair would be remembered for being powered by ‘white-lightning’, and sponsored by Budweiser and Copenhagen chewing tobacco.  
Now that I think of it, could orks be just as human as Space Marines?

Was that piece all metal?
Castellan Fyor
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

For the Emperor!
@97blackbird  
This is the best comment I’ve ever read. I giggled like a git.  
We would also likely be blasting flight of the valkyrye, red paint jobs everywhere, so many vehicles it would choke the sun.  
How many planes would have oversized guns welded on? Boarding ramps on trucks? Crazy people with zero armor sprinting like madmen, without knowing where their destination is, just knowing that whoever they see is the enemy.  
Mad max? Yeah, probably. Military? Absolutely. Would they participate in the ork shenanigans? Hell yes.  
Red goez fasta
BigBuggyBastage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Go fsck yourself
@Communist Starlight  
Looks really good. :) You guys went off on an interesting tangent, I’ll leave it at that. LoL

FWIW, it might be a good idea to take your camera to one of those mobile phone repair places that seem to have sprung up everywhere. They usually have tools which can ease removal of stuck microSD cards, without destroying it, for a very small fee.

@97blackbird  
TBH, I’m gonna have to go back and watch a few episodes to jog my memory. Although I don’t have any strong opinions on shipping in the FiM universe, I think fics featuring a few ‘classic’ pairings have been done to death, e.g. the Cakes, FlutterDash, RariSpike, RariJack, AppleDash, etc. But if it brings something new to the table, feel free to explore any of those pairings.

The most important thing to me is that the story itself is interesting, and feels like it could be real. Simply sticking two characters together for the sake of a shipfic, and forcing them into a situation, is actually boring to me. I’ve seen too many where the plot is, for example, “Rainbow Dash and Applejack are on a [literal] train to ___________, I wonder what’s gonna happen!” Yeah, no. That’s not a basis for a good story.

HOWEVER, if you just want to pound out a comedy or something silly for the sake of a clopfic, by all means, go for broke!
97blackbird

@BigBuggyBastage  
“I think fics featuring a few ‘classic’ pairings have been done to death, e.g. the Cakes, FlutterDash, RariSpike, RariJack, AppleDash, etc.”

Oh yeah, RariJack uhh… Who would want to revisit that one..? *hides Googledoc.
97blackbird

@BigBuggyBastage  
Here’s a segment from the beginning. It’s titled “the Fight” It takes place after the season four episode “Simple Ways”

“Wow, Rarity, you won a fight with Applejack, who punched you in the nose and you aren’t bleeding!?!” Spike bounced alongside her with awestruck excitement. You’re amazing!”

Rarity rubbed her nose again; It ached, but there was still no blood, just the watery eyes and sniffles she commonly associated with a moderate bump to her nose. Her gaze lifted to see Applejack still kicking up dust in her sprinting retreat home. She sniffed and wiped her eyes. “Oh, Spike, I wasn’t that amazing.” She suddenly felt tired and started to trot for her home.

“But you fought with Applejack, a really strong earth pony, and Won!” Spike ran to get in front of her. “You’re not even bleeding. How can you say that isn’t amazing?”

“I- I won because Applejack pulled her punch, and that’s the only reason why I’m not bleeding,” Rarity started to canter, not wanting anyone or anything in her way. Her eyes wet once with tears from the blow to her nose started to produce hot tears of another origin. “And I’m not amazing, because-” Rarity broke into a gallop “-because Applejack didn’t want to fight, she pulled her punch and I didn’t!”

Rarity surrendered to her emotions and galloped home, leaving a bewildered dragon in her wake
BigBuggyBastage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Go fsck yourself
@Communist Starlight  
Um…you mean currently, right? LoL

If I had it, it was the entire month of February or March – how sad is it that I can’t even remember?! – and I’d really like to get an antibody test to know for sure. But that would necessitate going to my doctor for a referral, and last time I was in his office was when & where I picked up that nasty month-long bug, so it’s a real Catch-22. I’m just beginning to get to the end of my Spring allergies, and the prednisone is wearing off; picking up another “killer bug” is the last thing I want to do.

But to answer your question: no, I don’t currently have or show signs of SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19. I hope everyone else here can say the same. :)

BTW, there’s one small unpublished study that seems to indicate Joe and I might have a better chance of surviving if we are infected. It’s interesting because I remember thinking, back in March, that corticosteroids might be an effective treatment if COVID-19 is causing a so-called “cytokine storm,” which IMO is kinda-sorta like anaphylaxis, since it’s anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive.

@97blackbird  
More more more!
Castellan Fyor
Non-Fungible Trixie -

For the Emperor!
@BigBuggyBastage

@97blackbird  
Good to hear from you two.  
I think I might have caught it in Gatlinburg, NC. I can’t be sure, I was only there three days ago.  
If I get sick, you’ll hear from me. I’m still rather young, So I don’t know if it’ll affect me as much.
Joseph Raszagal

Emily Brickenbrackle III
I wrote you a story, Derpibooru, because I love you. And because I’ve lost my batty, little mind.

They call it a memory of a memory… something lost that has yet to be found. Perhaps it’s fear that has stayed my hand until now, perhaps something else, but regardless I find myself in front of a keyboard once again.

“Are you trying to be philosophical, Master?”

I’ve been gone for a long time, elsewhere, perhaps even elsewhen; focusing on other things while the entire world dives deeper into insanity all around me.

“I only ask because you’re not especially good at it.”

I’ve been hedging my bets, being careful not to post until I was certain that I had something at least somewhat decent to say.

“I dunno, that’s debatable.”

I’ve been trying my hardest to stay safe and sound amidst the chaos.

“It’s not really a metaphor, you’re just talking about the Coronavirus.”

Goddammit.

Me: “Can’t I just have this, Medi? Please?”

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! If you want to apologize for being gone for so long, then just apologize. It’s not that hard.”

Me: “It is if you have crippling anxiety!”

“Your next therapy appointment is this coming Thursday, so I can’t help you there. I work on the body, not the mind.”

Me: “No kidding, bub.”

“What was that?”

Me: “N-nothing.”

“That’s what I thought. Now, knuckle-up and apologize for faffing about and not coming back to the thread until now.”

Me: “…”

“Do it.”

Me: “You can’t make me.”

“Sure I can.”

Me: “You’re smaller than my hand, Medi. I’d like to see you try.”

“B’okay.”

[The sounds of screaming, deep in the blackest distance. It seems that some poor child looked between two options chose death.]

Me: “Okay, okay! I’m sorry! I’m really, truly sorry!”

“See, don’t you feel better now?”

Me: “B-baka.”

“That’s what I thought, Master.”
Joseph Raszagal

Emily Brickenbrackle III
@Communist Starlight  
The way I visualize her when I’m writing, I dunno, Medi comes off a bit like Radical Edward from Cowboy Bebop. Easily excited, full of energy, speaking at light speed, but also highly intelligent in her specialized field.

So basically, you take Ed, make her the size of a plum, and then replace her computer savvy with extensive medical knowledge. Besides, if she could, Ed would definitely eat a bowl of cereal by swimming around in it with her mouth open xD .
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide