The Continuing Adventures of Medi-Bat

97blackbird

ahh, the “Gingerbread Man” fable. Nothing like teaching kids about lying to conceal their intentions so they can take advantage of naive and innocent persons with more ability or talent than them. @BigBuggyBastage  
So the moral of the story is that everyone is out to eat you and you can’t run forever, so when you finally come to a point where you need to trust someone, they’ll eat you too.  
Sleep tight, kiddos.  
Why was I able to sleep at night as a child..?
Castellan Fyor
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

For the Emperor!
Ahem. This is draft #1, so go easy on me here.  
—————–  
Luna stated at the parchment laid before her. She grimaced. “You can’t be serious.” She says to the servant. He straightens his back, head tilted up. “ T-those are your orders, ma’am.” Luna felt a familiar feeling rise in her chest, a tightness she couldn’t quite place. Her brows furrowed, and she began to tremble. The servant bowed, and disappeared into the servant halls.  
Luna let her emotion come out. She tilts her head, her vision blurring. She slammed the door open, parchment in her magical grasp. Storming the halls, a cloud over her mind. She slammed the door to the banquet hall, where her sister was hosting a fancy dinner with the nobles of the villages. Her sister jumped, startled at the unexpected trespass.
97blackbird

@Communist Starlight  
I don’t critique first drafts. I think all you need is to keep going.

“Write drunk. Edit sober” Ernest Hemingway

So grab your bottle and don’t stop writing till you can read what you’re writing again.
Castellan Fyor
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

For the Emperor!
@Communist Starlight  
Celestial stammers, before finding her normal, regal voice. “Luna. I see you’ve found your next assignment. But you know-” Luna interrupts, loudly. “Assignment?! ASSIGNMENT!? You’re trying to get RID of me! Sending me as far away as possible, while you sit here, growing fat and complacent! No, I will not go to the Yaks! If you want diplomacy, deal with the issue yourself!” Luna stomped a hoof on the ground, its loud reverberations echoing throughout the hall. Celestia soured. “Luna. A word? In private?” She said, motioning towards the small hall where Luna had come from. “NO! I will not be ignored any longer! I do everything in this country! I don’t just fix the nightmares, sister! You have me do everything, but do I get any credit? I saw in a dream the other night, a pony couldn’t even tell who I was! Do you think I should be treated like this?” Celestia threw her wine cup onto the floor, the red liquid seeping into the stonework, staining the carpet. The servants were no-where to be seen. “LUNA! We have been over this! I am the face of Equestria! I am the one who runs the place, because if I didn’t, the ponies of Equestria would run amuck! Yes, you do the work behind the scenes, but it is I who truly runs Equestria!” Celestia stood up suddenly, knocking the chair over. “You will know your place!”  
Luna lost it. A sudden swelling of that returning, familiar feeling came back. Suddenly, she remembered what it was. Rage. She don’t know why she forgot what it was. She don’t know where she heard it from, but something inside her clicked. This wasn’t right. This wasn’t her sister. Her sister was gone. And she would not stand for this insolence.
Castellan Fyor
Non-Fungible Trixie -

For the Emperor!
@97blackbird  
Yep! also just edited it after moving to my computer. Keyboard is easier than tablet.

@Communist Starlight  
The table before her exploded in a shower of wood shards and food scraps. She breathed heavily, horn lowered, as if to charge. “Celestia au Solaris. I defy thee.” And in those six words, she rebelled.  
Celestia blasted Luna with magic, sending her flying back down her hall. Luna saw now that it was little better than a decorated servants hall. “To be seen, and not heard, Luna. That is what I told you. In that, there is no better way to serve your ponies.” Luna sent a beam of magic at Celestia, and then quickly cast a barrier of smoke between her and her opponent. She would not be able to defeat her by herself. This would require planning, ponies, equipment. She was the diplomat of the two, she would be able to rope in the dragons. Maybe the griffons, too. But first, she would have to run.  
Luna stumbled back onto her feet, and flew down the hall. She could hear the nobles running for the exit, just as Celestia vaporized them all. Treachery wasn’t tolerated, with the punishment of death. And in what they witnessed, they were traitors in Solaris’s eyes.  
Luna descended several floors before finally coming to where she needed to be. The room was little more than a garage, with room for her carriage, a workbench, two bat pony guards, and a closet. She opened the latter, to find her suit of armor, crafted in the days of old, of strife and worry. She had struck down an enemy warlord in this suit. What did her valor get her?  
“Your majesty, what is going on?” Asked one guard, under the name of Flight. Luna rushed her gear on, throwing her scythe into the carriage and equipping her sword. “We are leaving. For where, I don’t know yet.” The other guard, Harness, strapped himself into the carriage, and went through the pre-flight check. “But your majesty, we can’t leave yet. We don’t have grounds to leave until sunrise.” Harness said, but didn’t stop. Luna nodded, gathering her remaining supplies in the workshop and getting into the carriage. “We haven’t much time. Flight, lead us, will you?” He saluted, then opened the doors to an exposed, starry night. The cool wind blew away the staleness of the garage, and the drop beneath her caught her breath. The garage was located at the very bottom of Canterlot, with a drop of many miles beneath her.  
“Flight, I’m ready.” Harness said, readying himself for the inevitable dogfight to happen. Flight launched himself out of the doors, flapping his wings furiously. Harness followed suit, and Luna’s stomach dropped as she saw the height beneath her. “keep her steady, Harness!” She cried, grappling to her seat that had no buckle, by design of her sister.
Castellan Fyor
Non-Fungible Trixie -

For the Emperor!
@Communist Starlight  
Unexpectedly, no pegasus came to challenge her. No rockets were fired, no horns. Their getaway was perfect. The moon shone brightly on the silver carriage, making the black gems in it glint. Luna looked back the castle slowly falling away beside her, and she could see a very bright, orange glow at the top. It kindled a memory she didn’t realize she had forgotten, of her and Celestia standing on top of it, gazing at the stars. It then lead to another memory, of Luna witnessing the coronation of Celestia, and her adoption of the last name Solaris.
BigBuggyBastage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Go fsck yourself
@Communist Starlight  
I’ll need to catch up a bit. I’ve been high as a kite – a kite that’s been doing coke lol – on allergy meds for nearly a week, so my ability to concentrate long enough to read is severely curtailed, to say the least, and I want to be able to give your writing the attention it deserves.
Castellan Fyor
Non-Fungible Trixie -

For the Emperor!
Medi paced across the bridge controls, waiting for the meeting.  
He was late. Again.  
Medi: Computer! Comm please!  
Computer: Aye. What'll it be this time?  
Medi: you’ll see.  
[A microphone lowers from the ceiling. Medi has to wrap her entire little body around it.]  
Medi: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Joseph Raszagal

Emily Brickenbrackle III
Haven’t posted here in a while, but I just wanted to check in. Still doing the Kroger gig for charity and I’m still not sick.

Still super scared though. Anxiety meds have run dry, but I need the money. I’m mostly commenting on images now because they keep me calm. Funny how joking around does that.

I’m hoping everyone here’s doing alright. Once all this insanity is over I feel like I owe all of you a long, ongoing storyline. Humor. Scares. Drama. The works!

Just stay safe, everyone. That’s all I’m asking. Joseph Raz, out.
Joseph Raszagal

Emily Brickenbrackle III
@Communist Starlight  
Not lying here, IRL I panic easily. I’m trying to do good work, but it also just makes me feel better to know that friends of mind are also okay.

Things are crazy right now and I haven’t been in a writing mood for a while, but I feel like the whole world could use some MediBats right about now.

Just wanted you guys to know that you’re giving me reasons to keep working. I might be afraid, but I gotta do my part.
97blackbird

zzzzkkh Huh? Wha?  
Oh, Hey there! I’m still here. I was feeling like I was the only one at times…  
Odd hours tend to do that.  
Medibat alarms need to be a thing.
BigBuggyBastage
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Go fsck yourself
@Communist Starlight  
Not dead yet.

The trees are almost done with trying to kill me. Now the grasses are taking their turn. Still High as Fuck™ on antihistamines, and probably will be until mid-June. God I hate nature.

Did I ever mention I minored in environmental science?
97blackbird

Blackbird reporting in. Weather is nice, masks are irritating, and Like Triple B, I’m under assault by the plant jizz.  
Benadryl is the only thing that keeps my eye from itching.  
Caffine keeps we awake while on Benadryl.  
Ibuprophen keeps the caffeine headaches at bay.

I guess I’m a pill popper…
BigBuggyBastage
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Go fsck yourself
@97blackbird  
Nah, nothing to worry about. You and I (plus Joe) are sure as Hell NOT taking these drugs for fun, and I could make a damn good argument for caffeine being the ‘safest’ addiction to have. LoL The combination I’ve learned to preventing caffeine headaches is one of dosage, timing, and hydration. Getting them all to be consistent is difficult, but it’s important.

The trees are obviously our enemies. They seem to think the “oxygen vs pollen” arrangement is a fair and equal one, but now they’re trying to get revenge for the likes of Henry Ford, who was responsible for the decimation of old-growth forests of the upper Midwest, particularly in Michigan. I can’t blame them for being angry, but waiting 100 years, to attack the third, fourth, or fifth generation descendants of those who wronged you? Treebeard needs to get his shit together.

We must use whatever weapons are at our disposal, to combat their endless munitions of tree sperm.

@Communist Starlight  
You should post some pics, yo!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide