The Continuing Adventures of Medi-Bat

97blackbird

Sooo… Other than BBB’s scene mentioned. Was there anything else redeemable in Episode’s two and three?

I’m kinda enjoying the positivity exercise.
Joseph Raszagal
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Emily Brickenbrackle III
@97blackbird  
I’m partial to pretty much any of the scenes where Palpatine got to ham it up and get silly in front of the camera; he’s just a very fun villain. Christopher Lee as a Sith Lord was also great, although he was really underused. His fight with Yoda was fairly cool, albeit very CGI.

And of course there’s the soundtracks for the films, which are great. They don’t save the movies, obviously, but they’re very nice to listen to on their own =3 .

Generally, even in a bad film there’s almost always going to be one or two little gems glittering in the garbage.
BigBuggyBastage
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Go fsck yourself
@Joseph Raszagal  
Yeah, I think we can all agree on the pod-racing concept being great but poorly executed in the film. It’d take some deep meditation to be sure, but I think I might have a shard of a memory of seeing that arcade game, about 20 years ago – thanks for making me feel old again! ;) I’ve looked at pictures of it online, and although it’s still not triggering a flashback or anything deep-seated in my mind, I’ll take your word for it that it was pretty heckin’ great.

@Communist Starlight  
Maybe somewhere between Battletoads and Rock ’N Roll Racing, but with a LoTR-ish twist?

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to Refresh the thread before replying. Derp!

The cinematography of all three prequels was pretty good. THAT, directing, and producing are the jobs Lucas should’ve stuck to, and we’d all have been the merrier for it. Though, perhaps ironically, David Tattersall was the cinematographer for all three films, not Lucas. XD

I’ll agree that the score is great, too. It’s by John Williams, and I vividly remember playing scores by him back in high school band; some of them were the best musical experiences I’ve ever had, tbh, even though some of them were also a PITA to play on clarinet.

The (non-CGI) set and costume designs were pretty rad, too. To a certain extent, I kinda felt bad for the traditional effects & props people, because the computer graphics would inevitably swoop in and try to steal the show. Somehow, the physics were never quite right, and the transitions always obvious. But for the time they were on-screen, it’s very plain that a ton of effort was put into making everything look like it belonged there (Princess Ama-lama-ding-dong’s headgear aside).
Joseph Raszagal

Emily Brickenbrackle III
@BigBuggyBastage  
I’m glad I’m considered enough of an expert witness for the court to believe that the arcade game was fun xD . All joking aside, I had a blast playing it with my dad when I was a wee little Joey. Because he just never really got into video games I almost always kicked his ass x3 .

And yeah, I can agree that the cinematography was good as well. As hard as the films are to slog through, I don’t think anyone’s every really made the argument that the prequels look ugly. Is there too much CGI? Of course. Has some of the CGI aged poorly? Again, yes. But does it still look good in general? I’d argue that it does and, taking another cue from you, it’s pretty clear to me that a ton of effort was put in to make the CGI of the films’ time feel as realistic as possible.

@Communist Starlight  
Hey, I’d be game for Pod Racing: Fury Road xD . A whole bunch of Jedi, Sith, Clone Troopers, and battle droids all screaming around on monster truck style pods would be absolutely absurd, sure, but thoroughly awesome =D .

And the John Williams soundtrack would remain the same, but reworked to be played by a heavy metal orchestra.
BigBuggyBastage
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Go fsck yourself
@Joseph Raszagal  
Oh HELL yeah! :D

I gotta say, the opening lyrics of Winged Hussars are some of my favorite:

A cry for help in time of need, await relief from holy league
60 days of siege, outnumbered and weak
Sent a message to the sky, wounded soldiers left to die
Will they hold the wall or will the city fall
Castellan Fyor
Non-Fungible Trixie -

For the Emperor!
I just witnessed my father lay waste to a bunch o’ stunties in da old wurld!  
Also, I am becoming the bad guy in my D&D group…  
Not just some upstart cultist, either, I plan on becoming [Cool lightning effect] THE BIG BAD!
Joseph Raszagal

Emily Brickenbrackle III
@Communist Starlight  
Very well, comrade, you’ve forced my hand. I didn’t want to do this, but in order to stop you I shall become the ultimate hero and reveal to you my final form… Old Man Henderson!

[Sailor Moon Transformation Sequence]

“MUCKLE DAMN CULT! ‘AIR EH NAMBLIES BE KEEPIN’ ME WEE MEN?!”
Joseph Raszagal

Emily Brickenbrackle III
@Communist Starlight  
OI, YA CUNT! NONE YA GUNNA CAN TAKES FROM ME MA WEE MEN! BLOW YA FUCK UP I WILL!

ALL OF IT!

CRIKEN CULT, DERN FRIGGEN’ FUCKERS, ALL OF ‘EM GONNA DIE!

EVERY SING’ ONE DEAD, DROP AN AIRSHIT OR WHATEVER, RIGHT ON TOPPA YER FUCKLEMINS!

Help, too drunk for this. Can’t actually dictate grammar so poorly that it makes sense in the current context. I need an editor!
Joseph Raszagal

Emily Brickenbrackle III
You can’t prove I was drunk xD .

By the way, that entire 1d4 article is solid gold. It’s one of the ones I return to every once in a while if I’m feeling down. Puts a smile on my angry face =3 .
BigBuggyBastage
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Go fsck yourself
@97blackbird  
No time like the present. Go for it!

Just be sure to throw us a link to it here.

EDIT: Because I’m evil I like to share, um, ‘interesting’ things, check out this video I found (but don’t watch it before bedtime, you’ll likely end up with psychosis due to the nightmares): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5AvFQyM61s I realize it’s completely out of left field, but holy Hell, I can’t find enough “WHAT?!” to express my reaction to it…and it’s aimed at small children! You’re welcome. };)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide