Viewing last 25 versions of post by 97blackbird in topic The Continuing Adventures of Medi-Bat

97blackbird

“Da!” A new voice said. A blue-shirt wearing lavender-colored unicorn eventually clambered to his feet out from underneath a console across the room. “The Captain.” He belched and then a large bottle of vodka levitated to his lips and he drank a few swallows. It was apparent that he had dealt with his hangover in a vastly different manner. “Why are you not saluting?”

Blackbird rubbed his eyes and stared. “Communist Starlight?”

Medi shook her head and blinked. “The Captain?”

“You still stink of alcohol, Sir,” Exposition saluted crisply and wrinkled her nose.

“As you were, Ensign,” Starlight drawled like a drunk Cossack, “we all stink of alcohol.”

“I don’t” Bigbug retorted indignantly.

“That because you robot. But your metal polish is strong,” Starlight jabbed his bottle in Bigbug’s direction. “You shine like top of Saint Alexander Cathedral, but you stink like inside of Lenin’s sarcophagus.”

“Correct, Sir.” Exposition agreed, “Reckless, ventilate the bridge.” The hum of air whooshing through screens filled the bridge.

“So,” Starlight took a few steps closer, but didn’t stray from the island of control panels in the center of the room. Indeed, it looked as though he might topple over if he didn’t have their support. “Why are you not saluting?”

Medi stood up straight and presented a proper bat-winged salute. However, Blackbird tugged at his red shirt to see the rank, and then squinted up to Starlight’s collar.

“Even you Marines must know that your rank drop like starving Ukrainian if you fail to salute Captain of vessel.” Starlight drawled menacingly.

Blackbird sighed, but stood and snapped to attention with a textbook salute. “Good day, Sir!”

“Very good, Blackbird.” Starlight grinned, “perhaps you belong as useful crew on ship Staff-Sergeant Reckless” He glanced over at Exposition, who looked about ready to speak and quickly added, “that is both modern and exploration for E.S.F.” Hearing his addendum, Exposition relaxed with a satisfied smile.

“I believe we were talking about the captain’s change to the ‘Prime Directive’?” Bigbug interjected.

“Yes.” Starlight agreed, “you remember, Blackbird? When Captain tell you keep all stories in space and make with the jokes?”

Blackbird’s brow knotted in thought. “I remember Joe suggesting that. Not you.”

Starlight smiled. “Da, that is correct! Marine not so dumb after all!”

“But you said that you changed it!” Blackbird said angrily.

“Nyet! I never say I change ‘Prime Directive’.” Starlight laughed. “Everyone agree that Captain change Prime Directive.”

“What? Wait, you’re not the Captain?” Blackbird looked around the room. Nopony else looked surprised.

Medi face-hoofed. “Oh, plastic fruit-baskets!”

“But you told us to salute!” Blackbird floundered in his sea of confusion, “and you all saluted!”

“I didn’t salute.” Bigbug retorted.

Blackbird glared at Exposition.

“Uhh, Sir, he outranks me.” She shrugged. “You all do. You want a salute, I’ll salute.”

Blackbird returned his focus to Starlight, who still appeared to be most amused by his confusion.

“I merely ask why you not salute.” Starlight said, not even bothering to suppress his amusement, “I did not order you to salute. You could have told me you not salute me because I not captain.”

Next up, The Captain!
No reason given
Edited by 97blackbird
97blackbird

“Da!” A new voice said. A blue-shirt wearing lavender-colored unicorn eventually clambered to his feet out from underneath a console across the room. “The Captain.” He belched and then a large bottle of vodka levitated to his lips and he drank a few swallows. It was apparent that he had dealt with his hangover in a vastly different manner. “Why are you not saluting?”

Blackbird rubbed his eyes and stared. “Communist Starlight?”

Medi shook her head and blinked. “The Captain?”

“You still stink of alcohol, Sir,” Exposition saluted crisply and wrinkled her nose.

“As you were, Ensign,” Starlight drawled like a drunk Cossack, “we all stink of alcohol.”

“I don’t” Bigbug retorted indignantly.

“That because you robot. But your metal polish is strong,” Starlight jabbed his bottle in Bigbug’s direction. “You shine like top of Saint Alexander Cathedral, but you stink like inside of Lenin’s sarcophagus.”

“Correct, Sir.” Exposition agreed, “Reckless, ventilate the bridge.” The hum of air whooshing through screens filled the bridge.

“So,” Starlight took a few steps closer, but didn’t stray from the island of control panels in the center of the room. Indeed, it looked as though he might topple over if he didn’t have their support. “Why are you not saluting?”

Medi stood up straight and presented a proper bat-winged salute. However, Blackbird tugged at his red shirt to see the rank, and then squinted up to Starlight’s collar.

“Even you Marines must know that your rank drop like starving Ukrainian if you fail to salute Captain of vessel.” Starlight drawled menacingly.

Blackbird sighed, but stood and snapped to attention with a textbook salute. “Good day, Sir!”

“Very good, Blackbird.” Starlight grinned, “perhaps you belong as useful crew on ship Staff-Sergeant Reckless” He glanced over at Exposition, who looked about ready to speak and quickly added, “that is both modern and exploration for E.S.F.” Hearing his addendum, Exposition relaxed with a satisfied smile.

“I believe we were talking about the captain’s change to the ‘Prime Directive’?” Bigbug interjected.

“Yes.” Starlight agreed, “you remember, Blackbird? When Captain tell you keep all stories in space and make with the jokes?”

Blackbird’s brow knotted in thought. “I remember Joe suggesting that. Not you.”

Starlight smiled. “Da, that is correct! Marine not so dumb after all!”

“But you said that you changed it!” Blackbird said angrily.

“Nyet! I never say I change ‘Prime Directive’.” Starlight laughed. “Everyone agree that Captain change Prime Directive.”

“What? Wait, you’re not the Captain?” Blackbird looked around the room. Nopony else looked surprised.

Medi face-hoofed. “Oh, plastic fruit-baskets!”

“But you told us to salute!” Blackbird floundered in his sea of confusion, “and you all saluted!”

“I didn’t salute.” Bigbug retorted.

Blackbird glared at Exposition.

“Uhh, Sir, he outranks me.” She shrugged. “You all do. You want a salute, I’ll salute.”

Blackbird returned his focus to Starlight, who still appeared to be most amused by his confusion.

“I merely ask why you not salute.” Starlight said, not even bothering to suppress his amusement, “I did not order you to salute. You could have told me you not salute me because I not captain.”

Next up, The Captain!
No reason given
Edited by 97blackbird