Jack of all Trades

Fanfiction » Jack of all Trades Search Posts
14Fan
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

#Go4tNiners!
The story starts out in 2018. Empire was 16 at the time in his junior year at Canterlot High School. Just a typical January day when he suddenly got a call from ThorSport, asking him to hop into a Truck and run a partial schedule. The plan was for him to run a partial schedule, Canadian Tire, all short track races, Dover and New Hampshire, and Eldora. He did not disappoint, winning Eldora, both of his 1-milers, and was a front runner in every race, even winning a short track race. He showed potential.
14Fan
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

#Go4tNiners!
EJ: When I first showed up for my first race at Martinsville I told everyone, including Matt Crafton “Hey I’m not used to these trucks, I don’t have much of an understanding of what to do” and Matt told me “That’s ok, I’ll help you out.” And he was a big part of my career, being my mentor throughout the season and even now he reaches out to me to give me tips.
14Fan

#Go4tNiners!
When Empire ran against Crafton at Phoenix to wrap up 2018, the now 17 year old had his sights set high. He wound up winning the race with Crafton winning his way into the Final 4. After they celebrated their respective victories, the 2 shared a heart warming moment post-race, hugged it out with Empire in tears at winning on one of NASCAR’s biggest stages.
14Fan

#Go4tNiners!
In 2019, Empire landed himself a full-time ride at ThorSport, driving the #13 for Sauter, who stepped down for a season to give the youngster a shot.
EJ: I told him when I got to the shop thanks. When I saw him, I literally ran up to him and hugged him to say thanks. He was and always will be one of the biggest players in my career.
14Fan

#Go4tNiners!
EJ: A pretty common question I get asked a lot is “What do you do if you have to pee in the car?” I will admit, at first, I didn’t know what to do. My first race at Martinsville, I drank A LOT of water. And about half-way, it caught me. I said on the radio “Boys I gotta pee” and my spotter said “Don’t worry about that, you’ll be fine.” I remember I really tried not to wet the seat because since I was new, I didn’t know what potentially wetting the seat would do. But eventually after some feedback from my crew chief, I pushed that out of my mind and went on to win the race. We actually got a red flag after about 25 laps and once we were told we could get out of our trucks, I got out as quick as I could and ran to the porta-potty and I vowed to NEVER hydrate before a race unless ordered to. And that was like sweet-relief so sweet it game me the win.
14Fan

#Go4tNiners!
In 2019, Empire was on the pole for the NextEra Energy 250 at Daytona. He was leading the race in turn 4 and then a push gone wrong sends him into the infield grass, putting him 27th.
EJ: When I got turned off of 4 into the tri-oval, I already had tears welling up in my eyes and just the amount of disappointment I felt was the most I had in my career. I got out of my truck and then collapsed to the ground in tears, just crying uncontrollably on the side of my truck. My sister came over and picked me up and game me the most loving hug she could. And I still wouldn’t stop crying, just resting my head on her shoulder with tears streaming down my face. When she did that, a large portion of the crowd got on their feet and game us a standing ovation.
14Fan

#Go4tNiners!
Empire’s crash-out didn’t stop him from coming back into the picture because next week at Atlanta, he emerged just barely victorious, barely beating out Brett Moffitt for the win in a very similar finish to the 2001 Atlanta race. He was driving the #29 for Kevin Harvick, hoping that one, it’d bring him some good luck and 2, that it would attract some attention.
14Fan

#Go4tNiners!
EJ: Winning that Atlanta race meant more than any other race in my career at the time. Kevin was watching and he came to victory lane and shook my hand. It was a pivotal point in my young career.
After his cooldown lap, he took 3 Polish Victory Laps, each one for Kulwicki, 3 for Dale. He held 3 fingers up for him in his honor, much like Harvick did in 2001. He actually rewatched the post-race replay several times to get the timing of everything right. After he took his laps, he didn’t burn it down. Instead, he got out of his truck and silenced the crowd with 3 fingers up again. Then he pumped them up.
14Fan

#Go4tNiners!
He’d get his first shot at the Xfinity Series just short of his 18th birthday at Bristol on April 6th, just 5 days after Kulwicki’s death 26 years ago. He was just about to graduate as a junior at CHS and wanted to go out with a bang. But he did so in a memorable and emotional way. He had his back-up car, left from practice, did a last-minute paint job on it to make it look like Kulwicki’s back in the day. They then stuck a wreath to the front of their hauler and took it out for a lap, with the car following behind. Empire, driving it, then turned around and did a Polish “Memory” Lap as he called it.
14Fan

#Go4tNiners!
After pre-race ceremonies, Empire knelt beside his car and made a prayer and a sort of salute to Alan and his family, which he took a picture with.
EJ: I have to admit, i was crying the whole first stage little by little. Tears were streaking down my face and I couldn’t fluently speak on the radio. At one point my crew chief asked me to come in and checked up on me.
14Fan

#Go4tNiners!
But he got control over his emotions after the stage break.
Radio for the #14
CC: You ok in there bud? You seemed sad about something.
14: I’m fine. It’s just the memories of Alan Kulwicki and the honor you guys helped put together with me. It’s overwhelming honestly
CC: That’s fine, bud. Just asking
14Fan

#Go4tNiners!
He would go on to win stage 2. After that, he had another urgency. But he didn’t pay much mind to it. His teammates, Cole and Chase, who he admired greatly, told him that if he has to, just don’t worry about it. You’ll end up all sweaty anyway. Just don’t say anything and no one will know.
14Fan

#Go4tNiners!
Moving on, he was running third, about three tenths behind the top 2, Justin Allgaier and Austin Cindric. Cinder I tried the bump-and-run on the 7, he got loose, collected the 22, and Empire could drive past to take the lead.
EJ: I tell ya, my eyes got bigger than the sun when they wrecked. Not only did they open up, they clouded up. I was literally about to start crying. No, I DID start crying. I stopped in the apron of turn 2, got out, knelt by the door, and just broke down, knowing how much it meant for me to win after my tributes. I remember an AMR safety guy came to me and asked if I was ok. I just said “Alan Kulwicki” and he understood. My sister came out and picked me up. She nodded and I got back in and did my Polish Victory Lap. Then did my burnout and got the checkered flag, which I gave and dedicated to the Kulwicki family. I signed it and had all the other drivers sign it as well.
14Fan

#Go4tNiners!
He had to take a moment in victory lane before celebrating his win in victory lane.
Dover was next on the calendar, 5 days before his 18th birthday. He was really hoping to get a win to close out his 17th year as he becomes an 18 year old. But he wrecked out after blowing a front right and slamming into the wall. Technically, he couldn’t run full time until after he was 18. The officials reminded ThorSport so he could only run the tracks less than 1.33 miles long until he was 18. So Sauter had the wheel for those races then after Kansas, he’d take it from there.
(I could edit past pages but I’m too lazy to do it so)
14Fan

#Go4tNiners!
He managed to keep hopes up and on May 10th, 2 days after he turned 18, he would go on to DOMINATE the weekend, topping ALL practice time sheets, top the pole and lead all but 17 laps of the race to win. This would make the battle for the top spot close.
14Fan

#Go4tNiners!
EJ: You know how some drivers have a signature celebration? Well on that day, I figured out mine. I’d put it against the wall and floor it, putting it all the way into 4th gear. I’d make sure to not blow the engine before I blow the tires though. But on tracks I can’t do that, I’d pin the brake and do a standing drag style burnout.
14Fan

#Go4tNiners!
Eldora. The dirt track. Empire showed success last year in a truck and since he liked the previous setup, they used the same one for this race.
EJ: I think I showed strength in practice.
Crafton: I’ve never seen anyone so determined to win on a dirt track. The confidence made me forget the fact that he was a rookie. But his young look made me remember.
14Fan

#Go4tNiners!
After about 2 laps, he sent a transmission he thought he’d never send.
14 radio
14: Guys I’m literally about to throw up. Not even joking, I feel nauseous right now.
CC: Try going as long as you can, ee’ll be ready for you.
14: I’ve gotta come in I can’t take it!
He came in, got out, snatched a bag and… yeah.
EJ: I don’t know what I ate but I tell you, it was not stayin’ down. About halfway, Crafton was having issues and actually had to come out due to his temperature being high. So I hopped in and went on to win the race. Officially it didn’t count for me but I still count it as a dirt win.
14Fan

#Go4tNiners!
Empire lost some ground on the points leader but he was qualified for the Playoffs so he wasn’t too worried. But he was worried about his diet. He had something bad before the Eldora race which made him sick. He didn’t want that happening again so he took his pre-race diet a bit more seriously. Even now he takes it serious.
14Fan

#Go4tNiners!
Michigan. Regular season finale. Empire was locked in but in a bad spot in the standings. He needed something big. His truck performed really bad in practice and qualifying. So they spent the time between qualifying and the race to adjust a ton on the truck. Unfortunately that meant forfeiting their starting position. Empire has never raced a race at Michigan, having not been old enough to. He sailed his truck from last all the way to 3rd then, a caution came out. Empire was in position to snipe the top spot and earned some much desired points. The green flag dropped. Empire made it to 2nd with half a second to make up on the leader. White flag. Empire was on the leader’s tailgate and out of turn 4, he had a huge run on the outside. To the line, a photo finish. Empire edged out Kyle Busch by 2 one-thousandths of a second!
14Fan

#Go4tNiners!
The Round of 10 proved to be a not so good round for him. He was in danger of being eliminated and would need to do well at Las Vegas, a track he has never run. He DOMINATED THE RACE, LEADING MOST EVERY LAP FROM GREEN TO CHECKERED.
14Fan

#Go4tNiners!
That boosted him into the Round of 8. Only 3 chances to make the Championship 4. Much like the RO10, he showed slow momentum. Wrecked out at Talladega and just didn’t perform at Martinsville. He needed to make something happen at Phoenix. And he did! Making a surprise top-5 appearance late, making a race winning move down low to secure the win to boost him into the Championship. And… would become the Truck Series’ youngest champion. That’s right. He lead only 1 lap, the last lap. That’s all that matters because he would end up the champion.
14Fan

#Go4tNiners!
EJ: When I took the lead from Crafton, i started crying in my helmet. And to see me with that huge run and crossing that line to win made me cry so much I had to take my helmet off at the start finish line to wipe my eyes. I got out to celebrate but hearing the volume of the crowd when I did made my eyes just so watery and my heart so full. I got down, fell to my knees, and cried. It was so emotional for me. My team gave me the flag and I did the infamous yellow burnouts for the last time in Truck Series history, as 2020 would hold the Championship in Phoenix.
14Fan

#Go4tNiners!
EJ: 2020. My phone rang. I picked up, and it was Tony Stewart, offering me an Xfinity ride for SHR. I didn’t know what to say. I came down to the race shop and there it was. My trophy case and my championship winning truck. I felt so honored that I accepted. But I also didn’t want to leave the Truck Series so I decided to run a partial schedule for ThorSport driving the #66 Truck.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide