Fanfic Writing General

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
also idk what else to add here
I talked with her for a while, and we got to know each other. But when it was time to depart, I had to leave.
i want something more, as in they laughed about something funny.
something more than just that they got to know each other, i added the smiling bit thanks to another commenter.
Maybe add some wit from Elizabeth about Edward being shy? Maybe he would be awkward around her?
Maybe she would have a certain culture and knowledge and class that is appealung.
Posted Report
Mr100dragon100
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

reformation is the best
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
well, the point is that more will be revealed about her soon. Still, i can add that even though she’s a prostitute due to her being smart, the job she took and maybe due to what happened to her father she takes health seriously. Hence, the knowledge and class she has is cleanliness (she also came from a middle-class family maybe) but I don’t know if she said she takes care of her health or hyde assumed she would maybe i can save it for the next part because i want the next part to be about Elizabeth, her backstory…so maybe i ask is that, how can i make a good backstory that gives Elizabeth character while still not being too long that people would get bored and want to move on?
Posted Report
Mr100dragon100
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

reformation is the best
ya, i want the relationship to develop but not take too long and idk i was thinking of doing her backstory next.
but after that should i just get right to the first date after a montage sequence (as in telling about what they did in the bar (talking, eating, doing hobbies, reading, maybe even going to a park) that kind of stuff)?
or should i do show them doing those fun things as their own pages so i can show the relationship developing and them slowly falling in love?
this happened with in November and December, i think that is plenty of time for them to develop into love but what do you think?
maybe the second choice i could add some fun stuff to it, then i do the first date but should they finally kiss on that date or should it be on a later date?
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Mr100dragon100
You could show some of those specific days in November and December. And maybe have a montage to ger to the big talk scenes.
I feel like if they will talk for awhile before dating maybe we can get straight to the kiss. It might be seen as padding things out otherwise. But itbwill depend on if the story feels long already or if there is still a short period to go.
To be honest it can be tricky to decide what to do since there is really no right or wrong way. But I think the method I gave might work best.
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
so i should show them having fun together by them talking together (and showing the action, you know for interest)?
all in one page or i can do those individually until the big talk scene, on the last page before the big date scene i said they had been together for 2 months or almost 3 months and both start to grow fond of each other and hyde is ready to ask her to go out on a date
I’m sorry i just want to make sure i do it right since i can get a direct answer instead of looking it up and getting answers that might not follow what i want or idk, i don’t want this to be cheesy or anything bad so i have to ask questions
Posted Report
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
At times, when I’m writing a story, I like to make images of the main characters, both for my own reference, and to share so any readers can get a better picture of what the they look like. This is relevant because at the moment, I’m trying to design a pair of characters, and was looking for a bit of advice.
Essentially, the two characters are spirits worshipped as harvest gods, representing “nourishing soil” and “gentle rains” respectively, and I want their outfits to be evocative of that. The nourishing soil one was pretty easy to figure out, since there are plenty of earthy tones to use, but the gentle rains spirits is a bit harder to figure out. Blue seems like an obvious choice, though I don’t wanna go that route since I used blue for quite a few other characters already, but I’m not sure if grays are the right way to go. Any thoughts?
Posted Report
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
since I’m going to do the writing for the next page soon here is my question
how can the conversation of the female character’s life should come up, i was thinking the male character should ask but i don’t want the idea of “bringing up bad memories” due to someone asking to happen becuse i think it might make the male character look bad so how should i make the conversation about the female character’s past happen without having to use that idea?
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@Mr100dragon100
Maybe he might ask her innocently of some small talk about her past. And then she flat out rejects his offer. Being quite blint.
Maybe events from her past effecting the present could help. And she would be forced to tell him some stuff
Maybe she would trust him to reveal her story to him even if he didnt ask
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
maybe i can say about the boss being a bit crabby and edward ask why Elizabeth works for him and elizabteh goes on and explains how she got this job and why
but what should the boss do?
should he do something that shows his crankiness like yelling at someone?
does he say some mumble words or whatever and hyde wonders why he is so crabby?
maybe i can say he talks in a crabby way at a waiter or someone who takes away dishes after the ponies eats the food off them and hyde over hears and asks elizabeth why he is so cranky?
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
a quick question
context: elizabeth had a boyfreind before (or at least they were fine with each other and the guy seemed to like the elizabeth but let’s just say, he acts like blueblood) but was too snobbish
i got the idea that the stallion is snobbish and says bad things about the food in the pub similar to zesty gourmand but acts like blueblood when it comes to his interaction with elizabeth but what i wrote ended up being more about the pub than her so, how can i make this character affect Elizabeth and the pub (by how the food and decor looks) equally and show this character as a mix of blueblood and zesty and still be apart of how elizabeth’s life seemed to go down hill?
also should elizabeth ask about edward’s past or should she wait becuse i plan to say that edward only told about how he (and jekyll but idk if he should say anything about him or not?) lived before (he and jekyll were homeless before well they did have a house but it was left abandoned recently and they can’t afford to keep it nice) but not too much about his past yet.
but i don’t want to make it like he does not trust her but he just met her so he as well as the others would not be too sure to tell someone their life unless they have to, in this case, they would have to wait first but her knowing about edward’s and henry (jekyll)’s past will happen in the future of this story so i rather just say that he does not like to say too much due to it being sad for him (and is no lie he does not want to say too much due it being so hard for him (and jekyll) but elizabeth understands
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@Mr100dragon100
Yeah that’s a good way to show the boss being cranky or maybe he would underpay her sometimes or make her give make him his own coffee.
@Mr100dragon100
For the pub maybe a close relative like her father owned it, so insulting the pub would be like insulting her father and that is partly why she distanced herself from him.
Also, I think she might be ask Ed briefly but not press too hard. Maybe Ed would be the one to admit.
Posted Report
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
i would go for what i have already but i got to figure out how it should go and how to write the action and sounds instead of just describing it
2:
idk about her father owning something though i would have to figure out a very good paying job he can have and show what kind of house they had and what place that shows how well they were doing
but maybe i can say the chef’s cooking (at least what foo he makes) would remind Elizabeth of her mom because she cooked the same type of dish so insulting the food would remind her of her mom but also she knows the chef worked really hard so…ya
as for her asking edward about his past well maybe, i should wait until i add a part where she gets to know his and henry jekyll’s friends maybe they hang out somewhere during the day (so Elizabeth would get to know Jekyll) with one of them and at night they go somewhere fun, maybe a travelling carnival that just happens to pass by.
(and as i research is when they had their start during the 1890s convenient huh?)
and even though they would be in company edward and elizabeth’s bond will grow since they will have fun together and have points of being alone together while playing carnival games
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
My AU of MLP ideas.
Each of the Mane Six has characters to interact with. Rarity might have a more avant garde edgy designer assistant who takes more risks than Rarity. Or Fluttershy writes letters to a Steve Irwin like person hoping to meet them one day.
Being my AU is probably to be read by teens and young adults since it is on fimfiction, I can focus even more on each of the Mane Six’s jobs.
Also more focus on politics and the struggle between the different pony races. The pegasi ans earth ponies are jealous of the unicorns. And there is a constant subtle tension between the three races. The dragons are more complex and while brutal also sophisticated and the Mane Six will help to rebuild the formerly glorious dragon civilization.
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
can someone give me an idea for a one-page short comic? i want to test out new techniques i saw in videos and want to try them out so i can see if i will improve in my comic making skills, and i just want a simple comic about background ponies (not the popular ones) just the obscure ones with simple designs as practice so i can see how i do.
at least i want the comic to be 3 to 4 panels long
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide