Fanfic Writing General

Mr100dragon100
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

reformation is the best
i have a type of pony called a wolfpony in my AU that lives up to be 300 years or so (depending on the individual) and I have a wolfpony who turned into a wolfpony around his early 20s (he was not born as a wolfpony), if a creature whose metabolism is still normal like a human or a regular pony what age would be considered adult or would 20 still be seen as an adult but won’t age anymore until their mid to late 200s?
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
Normally I’m not one to ask for advice when it comes to writing, but there’s something I’ve been sitting on for a while that I wanted to get a second opinion on. It’s not something that will become relevant until a later point in the story, but I wanted to get some outside input before I commit one way or the other.
Anyway, throughout the course of the story I’m working on, the protagonist (who I’ll call A) ends up with a rather sizable number of female companions, all of whom gradually develop a romantic interest in him. But I’ve been debating whether or not I should make one of the protagonist’s main love interests (who I’ll call B) a trap. Of course, A eventually learns the truth, but also that B wasn’t trying to deceive him- it was just a mistaken assumption on A’s part. Like the others, B eventually falls for A, and A… doesn’t outright reject B’s feelings, though at this point, I’m not sure how far I should take things.
I actually have quite a bit to say about this, but in the interest of not wasting time, I’ll hold off on sharing any further details until anyone asks for them. I was just curious about what others might think, because while it’s something I think would be interesting, it might not necessarily be something I should do.
KaraRara
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Artist -

Enough of humanity
@Silent_Witness
Oh why not
I’m certainly a bad writer, I mean when I see other writers, I feel bad haha and I know NOTHING about love (even I wrote a romance with Rarity) but why not? It could be a nice plotwist and plays with A’s psychology, I love write the psychology of my character personnally ;w;
Mr100dragon100
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

reformation is the best
if anyone known history i want to ask this (this is just asking for a reference for a character I’m doing)
did louis xiv have mistresses at the same time? like did he have mistresses that he was with even though he was already with another one or was it one at a time? because I have a character that is from a book who had 3 “brides” but I say is one bride and two mistresses he had living with him and they as well as the man are vampires
I just wondering for reference so the character does not look that bad and can reform and learn what love really is
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
I do a lot of my writing on my smartphone. Because of this, my phone will actually save the names of characters who get mentioned frequently in the stories I’m working on. But for some reason, my phone refuses to save the name of one particular character, and I have no idea why. It really should though, considering that as one of the story’s leads, her name gets brought up almost as much as the protagonist’s.
Background Pony #4D52
So, a question:
Recently, i was thinking of a idea: During a rainy night, Twilight botches a spell and ends up in the world of Reboot. The user loads a game based on her battle with Chrysalis, and Bob disobeys her. It’s up to Twilight to remember the one important thing: Friendship is Magic.
Opinions on this idea??
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
i have a question
i have a character who had a very bad past where he seemed like the “villain” but now is reformed and he made friends with a similar past and got a girlfriend who works at a very NSFW job (if you know what I mean) but they have a good relationship but at one point something bad happened that caused the girl to get an injury that requires a hospital visit (and a blood transfusion with each other since there was no one else around also it was the 1800s so ya this idea was still new I think)
but after that life was normal and the guy wanted the girl to stay with him and his friends so he was about to explain his past along with his friends too and hope she will still be ok with him and stay with him (because he wants to be honest and trust her enough to explain this sensitive part of his life)
but due to factors such as the house not really ready for visitors or anyone new living in it since is dirty and broken still and him being banned from the place where the accident happened and then the girl wanted to quit so she can be with him, but this is where the idea comes in
the guy is stuck between the idea that the girl is willing to quit so she can be with him but now with the what-if idea of what if she reacts badly to his past and “the house is not ready for her” especially because before he asked if she can stay with them but one (who is the boss) says no due to the state of the house
so he decides to break up with her due to not wanting to hurt her with the idea that she’s been dating someone with a horrible past and not knowing how she would react to her friends having a similar past too so he has to let her go even though he also does not want to hurt her in this way by breaking up with her either
In the end, they do end up together again and yes she does know about his and his friends past but is ok because she is very understanding and sees that they turned good and joins them
so this is just a basic idea of a future story but I ask is this “self sacrifice for love” healthy and necessary in this case or unhealthy?
i just think this is a good story and to how much the character grew as a person but I don’t want it to be unhealthy due to the girl’s heartbreak and the guy’s friends having to see him all distressed becuase I think is a necessary sacrifice for the sake of love and his friend’s safety but I also don’t want him to look like he does not trust the girl, he does trust her but due to the situation he was in, the doubts and fears got the best of him so he had to do it becuase he does not know that she would have said yes to him
so what should I do because I don’t want it to be unhealthy or a weakness but something that is necessary to do
nor do I want to make the male character look selfish because he caused the girl heartbreak even if he did not mean to, too dramatic like if it was just some parody or him showing weakness due to something I read
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
@Background Pony #DDFA
alright, i mean i’m sure is not unhealthy since it’s both the guy’s friends and the girl but i just hope is not apart the “unhealthy” type that says this idea shows weakness somewhere (it was some spiritual archetypes or whatever) because the guy would think it would be better for the girl but he and the girl will still be together at the end
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
For a story I’m currently working on, I noticed the names of two characters followed the convention of “Ars Goetia demon, Slavic first name, dragon name.” It wasn’t intentional, but now that I noticed it, I decided to run with it and make that the standard for the nation they come from, and the neighboring nation (at least among its nobles). I’ve been having a little too much fun making names, and here’s a few that I’ve put together so far that I particularly like.
Agreas Liliya Khyber
Beleth Oriana Khyber
Stolas Konstantin Durnehviir
Amon Ruvik Rhaegal
Raum Fyodor Siberys
Sitri Vivienne Glaurung
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide