Fanfic Writing General

Mr100dragon100
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

reformation is the best
@WyrmSpawN  
Some are ponies, some are vampire ponies (who due to certain factors can eat anything not just blood) some turn into wolfs, some are based on the creature from the black lagoon but more gator then fish while two don’t need to eat which are mummies and ghost but can have the option via magic that turns food to energy it’s complicated but I will get more in depth someday
Mr100dragon100
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

reformation is the best
@WyrmSpawN  
Ya I mean changelings seem to eat bugs and bugs are meat so I think is fine  

Is just the meat my creatures eat are things like deer or wild birds but they have wild sheep, goats and cows (the extinct species of cow) but also fish just any food we eat

But the wolf ones in the wolf firms have to be careful they can’t have chocolate only as ponies they can
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Here’s an a fanfic prompt for a short story I’ve been thinking of for awhile. (note: this is NOT necessarily a Sparity shipfic. It can be as a shipfic or not but that’s up to you):

Twilight asks Rarity to tell Spike to give up crushing on Rarity. Twilight tells her, that Spike shouldn’t try to go for an impossible dream.

But Rarity disagreed vehemently for she thinks it might just be a childish crush, but it represents what all people strive for: dreams.

Rarity would understand what it’s like to have a crush on someone mostly unattainable (for Rarity, Blueblood). But it gave Rarity a goal in life, a dream, that a formerly working class pony can strive for. Even if she was rejected by Blueblood, she doesn’t regret go after him.

And for Spike, it’s the same thing. It can lead to Spike having new skills, having Rarity teach him how to be a gentleman and having a friend that likes to play Ogres and Oubliettes with him.

And Rarity tops it off with saying how it’s always possible for Spike to grow up, and to win the heart of Rarity. Rarity doubts it would happen but that’s up to Spike’s fate and destiny and no one has the right to artifically force Spike to give up his dream.

This kind of ties into my future character-driven reboot idea where Spike and Rarity would have a close friendship.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
You might possibly think about addressing the issue of Rarity using Spike for favors all the time, so that it wouldn’t look like she has an ulterior motive for having Spike continue to explore his crush.

And revisiting my Scootaloo idea from the bottom of page 137 (where she gets her hooves on some sort of assistive tech to fly and has to deal with ponies noticing that she’s all disabled and stuff): I wonder if might be more fun to turn it into a cross between “Fame and Misfortune” and the South Park episode “Conjoined Fetus Lady”. Have her flying around in her new glider-or-whatever, when background ponies start noticing her. Have a herd of background ponies crowd around her and be like “Yay, an inspirationally disadvantaged child! Say something inspirational! “, and have Scootaloo be like “Back off losers, I just want to do cool stuff with my life without having ‘in spite of such-and-such disability’ tacked on to it!”.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
You might possibly think about addressing the issue of Rarity using Spike for favors all the time, so that it wouldn’t look like she has an ulterior motive for having Spike continue to explore his crush.

That’s a good idea. In my headcanon, in Rarity’s eyes, she sees these favors and spending time with him as a way to teach Spike about hard work, art, culture and etiquette. She’s unaware of how overworked he is. In fact in Rarity’s eyes, she thinks she’s going easy on Spike because Rarity when she was a filly had to do 10x the amount of work that Spike had to do in order to achieve her dreams. For Rarity, whose family used to be relatively poor before she her fashion boutique started to profit, she believes she’s actually respecting Spike by making him do a lesser version of the work she had to do when she was his age.

But she’s also a personal friend of Spike who actually sees Spike’s comic books and video games as having a certain artistic merit and she likes talk to him about them especially the art design and characters. And Spike in turn learns about Rarity’s favorite romance novels and shojo manga, that Spike is surprised he actually likes.

Though she can still be rather hard and judgemental on him to the point of stressing him out. She makes him do pretty hard tasks and even when talking about video games, she often tries to force him to play games she thinks have “artistic merit” even if Spike isn’t interested in them and she even can get into Spike’s personal life sometimes. Well that’s where character development comes into play.

Basically Rarity is well intentioned but unaware. She’s not the most emotionally empathatic and sensitive mare unlike AJ or Fluttershy.
Sparx
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
I guess I kinda need a pre-reader( or more). ^^;

Got round to writing the first chapter.  
This fic in particular will be an introduction to the setting for hopefully a collection of stories based on this fanfic universe.

Story will be called Dream-Mix:Predawn

Teen rating due to fantasy violence.  
Crossover between the MLP: FIM universe (includes IDW comics and Equestria Girls) and several game series. There will be appearances of characters themselves and worlds or just powers/concepts. Also Includes Ocs and a universe composed of various amounts of these themes.

Current story contains  
Characters from - Yu-Gi-Oh!, World Ends With You.  
Powers/Concepts: Final Fantasy ,Megaman Legends, Kingdom Hearts.

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
fanfic draft

Rarity, Twilight and Spike go to the game store.

Twilight: Let’s buy Spike this game: Lego Star Wars.  
Rarity: You will do no such thing, Spike is a growing boy he can make his own choices. Let me ask you Spike, what would you rather us get you Shadow of the Colossus, a beautiful heartwrenching game, or pffft this toy game?  
Spike: Easy, Lego Star Wars!  
Rarity faints.

*I literally thought of this while watching Schaffarilas on Lego Star Wars a few minutes ago. This is a bit rushed I know but I can’t just keep this in my head. *

I’ll hopefully edit this to make it better.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
In my PG retelling of FIM, I want to make the world a bit darker. There would also be some politics, including alliances between countries. There would also be a lot of mystery like maybe did a king secretly support an assassination attempt?

I think I would like, I’ll call my reboot to make it easier to say Equestria Chronicles, to have a bit of a 19th century atmosphere. Not strictly so, but more in terms of things like nationalism and revolutions. It would be like a Western version of The Last Airbender.

I want to have a lot of mysteries.

Edit: To specify, by 19th century, I mean this world’s would be very different to modern society. Feudalism would exist in some just like Spain in the 1800s. Nationalist revolutions to unite pegasi of different kingdoms into one pegasus kingdom just like Italy during the risorgimento. There would also be cults like in Past Sins. Ponies seeking to unite all of Equestria’s states under one government.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Anyone here into crossovers? I’ve had a few ideas for crossing G4 ponies into previous generations:

-Tempest in “My Little Pony ‘n’ Friends”, playing the role of “gritty antihero” and committing too-hot-for-TV acts of violence against their rogues’ gallery, with natives (both the ponies and the human kids) unsure of whether to be grateful or horrified. Nice bit of dark comedy there. “Smells like hot dogs!”

-Starlight and Trixie in “My Little Pony Tales”, comically trying to blend in with the locals while they find a way back home (starting with them frantically trying to hide their horns). Have Trixie put on her magic show to earn local money, and maybe have her tempted to stay permanently when she has a way easier time impressing ponies in a world where real magic isn’t a thing.

-Rainbow Dash in G3, desperately trying to maintain her sanity amidst the raw diabetes fuel and ponies with personalities between “lobotomy patient” and “Styrofoam”.

Thoughts?
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
What if an AU Rarity had a crush on Equestria’s version of Napoleon (we’ll call him Naponeon)? And she wishes to support him in his quest to conquer all the reactionary right winged opressive kingdoms and replace them with a utopian empire?
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
I want to emphasize the rebellious romanticist side of Rarity. In contrast to Twilight who follows the rules and prefers science, Rarity is the one who follows her heart and follows emotion. She’s the type that would believe Atlantis was a real place and would believe there was a worldwide conspiracy by historians to cover up the truth of Atlantis. This would create hilarious angry arguments between Twilight and Rarity.

I think I like the idea of Twilight and Rarity being a duo representing two different mindsets
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
Okay last one for now. I want Rarity to have a bit more of an appreciation of nature. I’ve looking at the Arts and Crafts Movement, romanticist painters and even how sophisticated medieval nobles went hunting outdoors. I think I want to show Rarity has a respect for nature.

Honestly wouldn’t it be funny if Rarity would hate camping and roughing it up while at the same time painting beautiful ruins and landscape painting? Or how about if her dress would have a lot of flower motifs to them and adorned with an ursa minor fighting a timber wolf on it?

My version of Rarity is a character of contrasts that tries to subvert the typical fashionista persona. She’s pretentious and wants fame while also being sentimental and being deep at the same time. She hates getting dirty most of the time and yet would always admires the beauty of nature from her window. A character of contrasts.

Ok that’s all the brainstorming for tonight. Lol. Why can I never keep sleep discipline why?! (insert fainting Rarity chair).
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
I want to make my world within Equestria. Here is the scenario.

The place is a town in a forest inside Equestria; they are a self-sustaining, hidden town. If you go to the edge, there are pillars with chrystals made from glass that transports you to a new world for the residents. There are villages, farms, hillsides, mountains, and deserts. they don’t use money instead they keep record on what goes in and out (the products only not the individual or any individuals identity) in order to re supply. Everything you would need is there except for one thing, which is why I need your help.

What about technology?

Here is my question, how should the residents gain technology?

1: by getting jobs outside the town and earn money, save it, buy the technology and reverse engineer it.

2: researching the technology, going to a college about technology and buying the equipment to make said technology.

3: the town makes their own technology with to without the help of magic as well as the technology they already have and is similar to ours by couincadence

Which one is the best for this kind of town?  
Posted 8 days ago
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@Mr100dragon100  
The 1st idea of them having to get jobs is interesting and even has parallels to how immigrants are educated in foreign countries.

All of them are interesting though. 1 is about buying the tech, 2 is about researching, and 3 is about self sufficiency.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
but which one is best, i did a poll on devant art and I just got one and two
and is more like foreign exchange students, they go to school in another country, learn from there and come back?

None of them are inherently better than the others - it’s all about where you want to go with your story. Mostly what you intend for the town’s relationship with the surrounding world. If you’re going for something close to full-on isolationism, then you might lean towards #3 (like Wakanda). Otherwise, you could go for 1 or 2. Plus there’s no reason you have to pick just one - they could go to an engineering school, research existing technology, then come back and do their own R&D to give it their own unique style.
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
@DoctorWTF  
that is what I’m thinking to use one and two but also maybe they end up making their own collages with a portal to their own world similar to the  
brizzes world but only when you get to the edge of the town and it’s for the sake of growing population, land, and resources but I’ll explain more someday.

but one and two seem to make more sense
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide