Fanfic Writing General

Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
Any ideas for what thew sirens would use as weapons. Currently I’m thinking a trident for adagio and a harp for one of her sisters.
Beyondy Supreme
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

PM ME PM ME PM MEPMEPME
Hi. I wrote a fanfic long time ago. Here it is:

The pony family sits in the kitchen. Pretty lovely picture aside from the fact that a human being sits right next to them.

He seems to be bothered with something…

The young mare notices that seemingly empty look on his face and tells him :

– You haven’t even touched your meal. You seemed to love these pancakes. Oh dear! Perhaps I’ve made them too salty.

The man answers :

No… They are delicious. I just…

The silence has absorbed this moment for a while. Finally, the human continues :

– Mom? Do you think I’m your son?

That question makes the family freeze in their positions for a while.

A deep voice joins the conversation :

– Son, you know how much we love you. Why are you asking such things?

– My thoughts are tearing me apart. All this time I’ve been trying to find someone like me. But there are no other similar creatures around.

It seems The pony with curly hair can’t take it :

-That’s.. That’s, that’s that’s because you’re SPECIAL. You was… Um… YOU WERE FOUND IN CELECTIAS CABAGE GARDEN! AND SHE… SHE

– Honey. Stop.

The another pony says.

– Son. We need to talk to you. Finish your cupcakes. We will wait you upstairs.

The man pretends he agrees and waits for ponies to scram. Then he finds all his strength to get along with his thoughts.

– All these thirty years I’ve lived with fear. I am so scared. I knew right along. This place is to good to be my real home. These bullies in school were right all along. I’m not one of them. What am I going to do. Are they trying to get rid of me. They are so caring. That can’t be! No! I can’t take it any longer. I must face them. Whether they are my parents or not.

The man has finally made his way to the room upwards. He stood just in front that goofy looking tiny door. He new that his family is waiting him behind it. He finally enters the room.

The gray pony starts the conversation:

-How are you feeling, my boy?

– I’m fine, dad. What we need to discuss?

– Well… You see… Thirty years ago you were found just near our house crying. We were scared at thirst, but my wife decided we can’t leave a child in a moment of danger. So we took care of you. You were so… Loud and curious most of the time. But we started to love you. We’ve tried to talk with Celestia about this matter, but she was amazed as much as we were. We have failed to find you a real family. We’re sorry.

– Don’t be sorry, dad! My real parents got rid of me. I feel it deep inside. You were my true mom and dad! Remember the times you were always around me? When we were together in any activity! Like glue! Dad, you’ve always let me a choice what to do, even when I were wrong. You never hurt me and never lied to me. Remember all these times we walked around the park together? Remember how we hot carried away with making a wood toys just for fun. You screamed so loud when I’ve cut my finger, he-he! Mom, do you remember all these times you were around where I was afraid of darkness? You always gave comfort to me and always cared about me.

Parents, I love you so much and I… I’m so sorry for my past actions. I’ll understand If you’ll ask me to leave. A good family always knows the better.

– No!!!

The shouted along.

– We never thought about that. You are our little sweety gem. How can we force you to get out?

– Mom, come on, I’m thirty years old.

– But… Well..

– Nah! That doesn’t matter, mom. I’m so happy that we had that dialog. Thank you

The man pushes to his pone and gives her an akward hug.

– Daww. Come here you!

Says the father. Though It was unlikely to happen.

The scene ends with a group hug.

– Dad, I’ve also got fired from my work at pet shop.

– Don’t ruin the family picture, son.
Beyondy Supreme
Artist -

PM ME PM ME PM MEPMEPME
What are your thoughts? Is it relatable. What things could be done better? I’m not into story telling but I trust my heart and write things whenever it feels like it.

And sorry for a bunch of mistakes here and there. I’m a foreign.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
I just got an interesting idea for a fanfic:  
Cozy Glow succeeds, and magic is drained from Equestria, destroying the school and Ponyville, however, for some reason, Flurry Heart and a group of select unicorns known as “magi” can still use certain kinds of magic. Now, 100-200 years in the future, Ponyville, Canterlot, Manehattan, and the Crystal Empire are technologically advanced, and the rest of the world has regressed to the stone age. Flurry Heart and her AI, Trixie, detect magic could be returning, but it’s just Sandbar. He says he caught Cozy Glow at literally the last second, but the only one who believes him is Flurry’s apprentice, an OC (will most likely be a CMC age foal). Sandbar suggests they find Starswirl, to which Flurry “corrects” him and they set off to an “ancient” library: A.K. Yearling’s house.

Character tags: Trixie, OC, Flurry Heart, Sandbar, Cozy Glow

You guys like it? What would be a good name for it?
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
More ideas:  
Trixie is a sage, a magus who was turned into an immortal cyborg to carry their teachings and assist Flurry Heart. There are seven sages: Celestia, Trixie, Sunburst, Cloudchaser, Thunderlane, Maud Pie, and Button Mash

The apprentice mentioned earlier are two unicorn fillies named Starbound and Starfield.

Earth ponies and pegasi can also be magi, but it’s less common. Non-magus pegasi can’t fly.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Chippin’ In
Hoof. I just finished writing a chapter for my current story. And at just under 12,000 words, it’s the longest chapter I’ve written thus far, and possibly the longest single chapter of any story I’ve ever written. Seriously. It alone is about 1/5 of the current story thus far. I don’t think I’ll be writing anything quite as long until I get to the end of the story.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
I seem to suffer from a particular difficulty in my writing: I get ideas for parts of a story that are much later than the part I’m writing at the moment (or worse yet, a hypothetical sequel) that I consider to be much better than the part I’m working on at present. It makes my current writing suffer because I’d rather be working on those parts, but I know I can’t work on the parts I want to work on because I have to finish all the stuff that comes before it.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Silent_Witness

Then work on those parts instead and see what happens. You might be pleasantly surprised!

Or you might find yourself wishing you were working on something else even farther down the line, meaning you suffer from “grass is greener” syndrome.

Bob Ross meant painting when he said “There are no mistakes, only happy accidents.”, but I’m sure you could apply that to any art form, including writing.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
New chapter, done. I don’t know how, but the new chapter was almost just as long as the last one.  
As a sidenote, my story is now 82,000 words long. My second longest story is 84,000, with my absolute longest at 122,000. If things keep going like this, I may end up breaking that threshold before I even finish up the first part of the story.
Nyperold

Tickling Pony Bellies
For perspective, Estee’s Triptych is over 500,000 words, and that’s just the central story, never mind all the fics set in that ’verse.

On the flipside, my longest story is under 7000, and the rest are under 2100.

I write short, but read whatever length.
Takengrin Endmmar: Taken God King of Fear
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Reasonable trolling
full  
Scene from the prologue to one of my latest SPS Pokemon episode titled “Never judge a Yamask by its Mask”  
Story behind scene:  
Deep within the Hectå-cala Forests of Arcé’des Island in Nessoasis, a young Yamask but one not native to Yamask of Nessoasis but was once native to Unova, is seen exploring the deep wilderness of this high tree Forest. Skullgineer, one of Super Skull Squad’s admins and followers, notices the lost Yamask and alerts his Alolan Cofagrigus. Knowing that Yamask is a Ghost type and his Alolan Cofagrigus is Ghost/Dark, he decides to have some mischievous fun chasing down the poor ol’ Yamask. Once after the heart racing chase and Yamask being badly danaged by Cofagrigus’s Dark Pulse, the Yamask is left badly wounded…. Skullgineer calling back his Alolan Cofagrigus to appraise it, the young Yamask floats away… Badly injured and left to himself knowing that he’s extremely too weak to defend for himself… The scene comes to a close with the Yamask crying by himself under the trunk of a tree with a Strom coming through….

Chase Music|Super Mario Glaxay Speedy Comet Theme  
Yamask’s Sad Remorseful Scene Music|Alone By Lucas King
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
Just 13 days after the last chapter, I got the new one up. Granted, it was shorter (around 9500 words), but’s that’s pretty unprecedented for me. I told you I was looking forward to writing that chapter.
Nebula Dusk

Crystal Sorceress
Crystal Magic

The idea of Crystal magic is to control elements; both physical and magical; through an external force.  
It can go from capturing them with your body through touch, to capturing them from a distance through 2-inch crystals. There are a number of elements that can’t be captured, and some that have yet to be taken into consideration. Sand, glass, dirt, and plantlife can’t be crystallized, or used in any way. There are special elements and crystals as well, like Solar and Shatter crystals.

There are 11 base crystals, as of now. Fire, Air, Wind, Ice, Water, Electricity, Metal, Energy, Stone, Diamond, and Catalyst. There are 11 special crystals. Solar, Life, Magic, Xinarian, Void, Arc, Prism, LAI, Spike, Focus, and Shatter. Specials are simply harder to use, make, and withstand, but they can also have special uses and capabilities aside from what a normal element can do. The Shatter crystal ;like it name implies; can shatter and reform, making it the only crystal that’s reusable.

There are 12 crystals that are especially unique, whether they were awakened through many amplifications by magic, or whether they be combinations of crystals. Chemical Flame, Fueled Flame, Awakened Flame, Permafrost, Awakened Ice, Awakened Lightning, Awakened Water, Paralysis, Magma, Battery, Awakened Energy, and Awakened Shatter.  
­  
Crystal magic is now used with spells and such. Creation, Manipulation, Fusion, Awakening, Embodiment, Discharge.  
Creation is self explanatory but it is used to create Specials and Basics.  
Manipulation is used to levitate, teleport, and shape crystals that are permitted by Crystal magic.  
Fusion is used to create Fusion crystals and requires a moderate amount of magic from the user.  
Awakening is used to create Awakened crystals and requires a great deal of magic from both the user and others.  
Embodiment is used to turn the user’s body into crystal and take attributes from available crystals in the user’s inventory, but uses magic over time and any crystals used are instantly removed from the inventory.  
Discharge is used primarily to trick opponents, it simply uses crystals from inventory and their aspects without bringing the crystal out, and therefore looks like simple elemental magic.

I make this post hoping others will use it as much as I have, and maybe even add on to it. It’s built so that you can take away any crystal or some spells, so it can be as big or as small as you want. I might write a fanfic and this will be a small part of it, but not any time soon. Or maybe I will write it soon, depends on if anyone wants to help
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide