Fanfic Writing General

Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Silent_Witness

Nice, nice. And don’t worry about it, all authors write bits and pieces of their stories in their heads.

Many authors have literal notebooks filled with all kinds of minutiae and world- and character-building bits and pieces.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Chippin’ In
Man, I haven’t even started publishing chapters for my story, and I’m already coming up with ideas for a sequel. For example, this character:

Years ago, in the Holy Empire of Lazuria, there lived a timid boy who was in love with a girl. She was kind and gentle, but even so, it took a long time for him to find the nerve and confess to her.

But, his feeling were not reciprocated. For the girl was already in love with another. Another girl. The boy was crushed to learn this, and for several years, he never looked at any women because the pain of his rejection. But in time, the pain faded, and another young woman would draw his eye. It took much longer for him to find the resolve to confess, but one day, she approached him. His heart soared, only to be speared by a cold lance as she told him her desire to confess her love, to another young woman.

The pain was even greater than the last time, and it took even longer it to fade. But it did eventually fade, thanks to the comfort another girl gave. At once, the boy was convinced that the new girl would be the one. After all, why else had she comforted him? Still, he waited, biding his time for the perfect moment. And when that day came, he went to her house with gifts.

He found the girl in the arms of another. Once again, the other was another woman.

His heart was pierced for a third time. But there was no pain this time. He felt nothing at all. He felt nothing as he took a knife in his hands. And he felt nothing as he cut the girl he loved and her lover to ribbons. As he stood over their bodies, covered in their blood, he finally felt something. Something that reveled in the sight of the blood, in the terrified screams, and the fear in his victims’ eyes. And on that day, the boy found his newest love.

Murder.

From then on, the women of Lazuria lived in terror. For years, the boy, now a young man, stalked the cities at night, looking for women that took to his fancy. When he found one, he would follow them, until they were alone, and then introduce him to his knife. He would eventually be caught, of course, but not before 31 women met their end by his hand.

For the gravity of his crimes, he was brought before the Emperor himself. Everyone was certainly young man would hang for his crimes, if not worse… but the Emperor saw something useful in the young man, and instead of a death sentence, he extended an invitation to the young man. And invitation to join a special group of individuals, who is duty was to eradicate the Empire’s enemies.

The boy accepted the invitation, and became one of the Empire’s Justiciars.

The young man continues to stalk the streets of Lazuria’s cities, cutting down would-be insurgents without a moment’s hesitation. But even in his new role, the young man’s predilections remain, and the corpses of women continue to be found throughout the Empire, guilty only of having caught the young man’s eye.

His name is Gilles, named after the ally of Joan of Arc and later serial child murderer Gilles de Rais.

Why yes, he is an antagonist. Why do you ask?
Shyette
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Yuri (NSFW)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I want coffiee
Might dust off my Fire Emblem Faits story where some powerful force mergers the Birthright and Conquest timeless and now the people who married the Shared Route characters have to get along to save their spouses. But just have the younger princes be married to Felicia instead of making it a Scarlet is a Shared Route character that can support normally AU.

This will stiff Subaki and Arthur however.

Also, I’m having trouble working out the details of the comic power that kicks off the plot.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Silent_Witness

He’s probably a philanthropist of some sort. Probably does pretty well from living off of his investments. Probably gets a bit of favorable treatment from Princess Celestia for being one of the few “nobility” unicorns who isn’t a total jerk.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
A matter pertaining to distance had arisen in my story. Aurea, the content of the story is set, is supposed to be roughly the same size as Australia, at least in terms of distance between its easternmost and westernmost points. So I had to go to the painstaking process of measuring the dimensions of my continent. At its extremes, it’s 2,555 miles east-west, and 1,869 miles north-south.
SD50-2

Bat Pone Fan
I have an idea for a fanfic, but am still trying to figure out how to pull it off.

Basically, it’s set in a universe where Equestria and Earth were merged back in the 1950s (I’m thinking due to an extremely powerful nuclear warhead and a powerful magic experiment at Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns gone wrong managed to affect each other and merge the two universes); though the story is set in 2013 at around the time Nightmare Moon returns from her 1000 year imprisonment on/in the moon. The story would essentially be a collection of snippets from various news agencies and social media posts about the return, before, during, and after the event, and maybe a bit covering Luna’s return and adjustment to modern society along with Discord’s return and at least up to the Canterlot Wedding Invasion.

What do y’all think? Any tips or ideas y’all might have?
SD50-2

Bat Pone Fan
I’m currently also trying to decide if I want to do the ponies as how they are in the show (i.e., actual ponies) or use anthro ponies for the story. I’m leaning towards anthro because it could potentially be slightly easier to write, and also allow for greater integration between the societies in-universe by the time the story is set.
SD50-2

Bat Pone Fan
@LightningBolt  
True, but my question is: “Would I be able to pull it off well?” But I might go with feral, would certainly be fun to write, without a doubt.

EDIT: Of course, there is the fact that, given the nature of the fic, I wouldn’t have to worry about trying to show a pony driving a car or anything like that. I’d also imagine that if the ponies were feral, the places in human society that they’d live in would typically be in and around the larger cities where many things are in walking distance, and plenty of public transportation for anything that isn’t.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
Hey. There’s an aspect of my Fire Emblem story that I’m debating at the moment, and I’d like some input so I can make a decision.

In my story, there are entities known as Archons, who have tremendous unique powers. Archons are also effectively immortal, and can only truly die in one of two ways: by choice, or through violence. In the first case, they die after transferring their power to another, called an Inheritor. The Inheritor gains all the Archon’s power, essentially replacing them. This is already fairly well established and so isn’t likely to change.

The second part of this is what’s giving me trouble. Because of the process of Inheriting, an Archon’s power doesn’t just vanish if they’re killed – it has to go somewhere. And I’m trying to figure out where. At the moment, I’ve narrowed it down to two options: either the person who killed the Archon Inherits their power, or their power returns to the source where all Archons are born, since they aren’t born the same way humans are. It’s not a pressing issue in the story, but I will have to make a decision on it sooner or later.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide