Fanfic Writing General

Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
A collection of crossover stories where Equestria exists alongside a few other ‘Kingdoms’ such as ‘Them’s Fightin Herds’ a Dream world and Kid Icarus Uprising. Also the magic system is changed up.  
I was going to go for Mixverse since it is literally a mixture of various themes/worlds o3o but does that sound silly?
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@Dustcan  
@PonyPon

Hmm how about Roleverse since there’s various themes from rpg games in it.

Or Starverse since a lot of changes to the world are due to people’s dreams/ambitions manifesting as shooting stars which become their own personal gear for life. Also I’m a kirby nut and several characters have references to such.
Sparx
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
With Season 8 here I decided I should get started on some ideas  
I was mostly inspired by Artist:Brownie-Bytes for these particular ones.

Going to have some Final fantasy inspired gear/abilities

Twilight Sparkle - Mage* (Magic in general)  
I felt like giving her a book as personal gear but I fear that might clash with other magic users I’ve already decided on.

Rarity- Red Mage  
The magic she used in the 3rd EQG movie gave me this idea. Rarity would have her own set of ‘fabulous’ support spells and a few offensive ones. Also a rapier maybe  

Applejack  
I considered making AJ a gunner but maybe some greaves/armlets with firearm mechanisms applied for her hind legs would be better.  
So she’ll kicking with the force of a shotgun!  
full

Rainbow Dash  
Would be a great black belt given her speed and adding some weather attributes to some of her abilities  

Pinkie Pie  
can combine the attributes of a Juggler/Thief/Bard. Using her party cannon as a means to store things like knives,bombs,balls,rings and so on. Maybe some other support abilities I haven’t thought of.

Fluttershy  
While I want her to be a white mage. (Which is used a lot apparently) I want to spice things up by applying summoning and Beastmaster skills to it as well. Though that’ll be tough since I doubt anyone expects Flutters to put animals in harms way to defend her. :X. The White cat ears hood will be better.  

Spike  
I’m thinking a lance of sorts  
Something dragon related too  
full

Thoughts? :o
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
@Marx  
Ages ago, I started but never finished the story that was very heavily inspired by Final Fantasy. I gave each character a job they specifically on a job in the final fantasy series, it’s funny how similarly the jobs you and I gave each character line up.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Shepherd

Sorry! I’ve only read the first chapter because my lunch break got cur short (insanely busy what with Easter Sunday coming).

I’m liking it so far. We have what swwms to be a runaway princess with a possible relation to Vilgax (or at least the same species as him), that’s definitely interesting.

I’ll read more when I get home.
Shyette
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Yuri (NSFW)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I want coffiee
The first chapter was written when I was still on vacation. As such it had to be cut short should relabel at the prologue.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Okay, Chapter 2 (or I guess Chapter 1, since the preceding chapter is a prologue)

Disclaimer here, I’m not really good at critiquing things like plot or character.

Some things that stuck out to me that I liked: the “swordfish” reference, the Omnitrix explaining what it is and what it does (I don’t think it did that in the original series), the Omnitrix reacting to being slapped down like Ben always seems to do (it said GENTLY press the face down, darn it!)

There’s a few punctuation, grammar, and spelling errors*(for example, I don’t think you meant to describe the robotic crabs as “orgy brown”; last time I checked, orgies were all different colors of skin :-P)*, but nothing that makes the story unreadable. I didn’t want to put them here, but I can. Or I can just send you a private message, if you’d prefer.

“Also, I decided that the Omnitrix should be more interactive a character in their own right not just a device.”  
Good choice! I had already expressed my liking of the interaction between the Omnitrix and Ben, so I’m on board with it.

Chapter 3

I know about the Charms and “Lucky Girl”, but since when were there elves? Or would it be a bad time to admit that I haven’t watched this series since…the second one? the one where Ben and Gwen are older (15-16-ish)?

Chapter 4

Ben has a Pokemon for a pet?

So “Alex” and “Fiona” have met. Since you have “Ben/Gwen” as one of the tags, I’m assuming they fall in love. It will be hilariously awkward to find out that the person they’re crushing on is actually their cousin!

A crossover alien might be the second or third new alien introduced it will most likely be Tamaranean, but I’m also considering Deoxys and Wookiee. Down the line, I might include Captain Planet just because I love elemental powers. I’m considering one more but that’ll be for late game.

Alien species from other series added to the Omnitrix…I must say, that’s a pretty clever idea. But don’t go overboard and try to mix a dozen different shows/movies/video games into it.

All in all, I could see myself reading more when you get around to writing more.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
If anyone wants to write a Ben 10 fic, try writing a Gwen 10 fic, but set in the Omniverse series.

So thus:

1. Gwen went to university in her hometown, and often skips class because of her hero stuff (which is fine because she’s a valedictorian).  
  2. Ben went to Plumber school instead of staying in Earth.  
  3. Kevin is still Kevin, and Ben often has to keep him out of trouble.
Shyette
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Yuri (NSFW)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I want coffiee
@YetAnotherBrony

Chapter 3)  
that’s part of the Alternate Universe, Gwen is not an energy being this time around. As for the selection of elves I figured they were human enough to blend in well-being different enough to have some fun with them.

Chap 4)

Yeah, I just thought it would be funny.

Like I said I took the inspiration from a different fanfiction the seed of the idea was “okay I like this but, I’m not too sure about them looking like Albedo and Sunny, hey what if neither one of them knew that they were actually fighting with their cousin?”

I don’t plan on getting too carried away with crossover aliens, I don’t think I’ve even considered 10.

Let’s see… Starfire, Captain Planet, Wookie, Deoxys, Alicorn, [spoiler]

Less serious considerations Namkian, Asari, Groot, Kirby.

Keep in mind this is just one I’m thinking about I’m not going to use them all.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide