Viewing last 25 versions of post by Cosmas-the-Explorer in topic Fanfic Writing General

Cosmas-the-Explorer

Tagger of the Unknown
One day, my dream is to make to retelling of the pilot episode of MLP. I always felt like it was a little underwhelming to me. It felt kind of rushed to me. And not as epic as I think it could've been.

I would like to make a retelling that's more dramatic and gives more reasons and drama as to why Twilight is a wallflower. And I would also tie in some drama with her relationship with Spike.

It would have a slower pace because of the freedom fanfiction allows. And it would be Y7/PG so not completely like the show.

I also would have Twilight be best friends with one or two specific ponies of the Mane 6 who would her to open up. I'm wondering which will be her best friend.

My Twilight would be slightly ruder torwards her peers (in a polite passive agressive way), be a bit misanthropic but still doing her duty to others, and I'm thinking of having her not have a brother because I also want Twilight to be unfamiliar with how family just like friendship is supposed to work. And that would make Twilight more uncertain how to interact with Spike.

It's basically a coming of age story where Twi will have to learn that friendship and family are not just hypothetical concepts for people to pass the time with pointless activities. She would learn that it would truly have a positive outcomeffect that could even change the world.
No reason given
Edited by Cosmas-the-Explorer
Cosmas-the-Explorer

Tagger of the Unknown
One day, my dream is to make to retelling of the pilot episode of MLP. I always felt like it was a little underwhelming to me. It felt kind of rushed to me. And not as epic as I think it could've been.

I would like to make a retelling that's more dramatic and gives more reasons and drama as to why Twilight is a wallflower. And I would also tie in some drama with her relationship with Spike.

It would have a slower pace because of the freedom fanfiction allows. And it would be Y7/PG so not completely like the show.

I also would have Twilight be best friends with one or two specific ponies of the Mane 6. Wwho would her to open up. I'm wondering which will be her best friend.

My Twilight would be slightly ruder torwards her peers (in a polite passive agressive way), be a bit misanthropic but still doing her duty to others, and I'm thinking of having her not have a brother because I also want Twilight to be unfamiliar with how family just like friendship is supposed to work. And that would make Twilight more uncertain how to interact with Spike.

It's basically a coming of age story where Twi will have to learn that friendship and family are not just hypothetical concepts for people to pass the time with pointless activities. She would learn that it would truly have a positive outcome that could even change the world.
No reason given
Edited by Cosmas-the-Explorer