Happy Birthday, MLP:FiM! MLP:FiM turns 10 years old this year! Let's celebrate with an art event!

CLASSIC OLD FAMOUS MLP FANFICS TO READ

Cosmas-the-Explorer

Tagger of the Unknown
I'm talking about stuff like Fallout Equestria or whatever fanfics involve Nyx. I'd like to have some fanfic recomendations here. And maybe this thread can be a place of nostalgia. And reminscing about ancient MLP fanfics.

So any really old fanfics like from 2011 or just any iconic fanfics revered by the brony fandom?
Penguinbrony24
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

weatherbrony
Fallout Equestria is one of the standards for great fanfics in the fandom. A must read for sure. Past Sins (the first fic featuring Nyx) is a great read as well. If you want a good and creepy read, Rainbow Factory is a good read as well.
barbeque
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Thread Starter - Tag alias request thread
Artist -
Bronze Bit -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <barbeque> I'm just going to break some javascript brb
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Anything from the Pony Fiction Vault
Some personal favourites include Fire Spores, Yours Truly, Under A Luminous Sky and Romance Reports

BronyCon 2019 also had a panel/vote thing about The Greatest Fanfic Of All Time (or something like it), which also includes some more recent fics. Just ignore the competitive aspect of it and look up some of the stories in there (sorry, I don't have a list somewhere). At the very least, consider The Enchanted Library
Cromanti Cheer
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Hard Reset by Eakin is one of my all time favorites. It's a Live, Die, Repeat-style story that does a great job examining the consequences of a time loop. While it occassionally gets dark, it never relies on grimdark and canon defilement, and is peppered with a lot of funny and triumphant moments. It has two sequels that are very different stories but are also very good.

In Naked Singularity by Cold in Gardez, Twilight attempts to write a romance story while her friends struggle to give her constructive criticism. It's as funny as it sounds, but it's also such a tightly written story that it feels like a plot that wouldn't be out of place in an animated sitcom like Golden Age Simpsons.
<iSleep>

Sleepy
Definitely read Appledashery. It's about Rainbow Dash trying to work up the courage to admit her feelings for Applejack. It has a mix of many genres like romance, adventure, and comedy but it's very long and a bit depressing at some parts. Despite all that it's still one of the best fics I've ever read and I would recommend it to everyone. I give Appledashery a 10/10 knee slaps. Also, it has a sequel.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Derpibooru costs over $25 a day to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~