Viewing last 25 versions of post by CountDerpy in topic Chronicles of The Event Project (Working Title): Diaries of Countess Sweet Bun, NLR.

CountDerpy
Countess Sweet Bun - For supporting the site
Countess Sweet Bun - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

NLR's Mom
Entry 10 (173)

> The Wonderbolts made these high-speed flights look easy. Every flex I've felt in my wings this morning leaves me with an ache unlike any I have felt before. Basic training didn't even feel this bad in the beginning.
>
> At least the food the medics had bought for me was good, though I'm not as keen on mango fruit salad as some of the herbivorous thestral around are. They tend to go crazy for the stuff, but I do not see the appeal of breakfast without fresh muffins and a nice cup of herbal tea. Call me an old-fashioned mare if you'd like, book, you cannot argue with a tried and true combination. Well you can't really argue at all to be frank.
>
> I struggled to get out of bed against the advice of the medics, though I assured them I would take it easy and just walk for now. I prefer walking over flying, honestly. Gives me a strange comfort in being grounded, while the rush of the skies felt too wide most times. I flew enough last night to last a small lifetime anyways
>
> I would have called it morning when I stepped out of the tent, but I could not really tell with the perpetual twilight that hangs like a fog beneath the canopy. A humid mist hung in the air from the rains, dark shapes morphing and disappearing as they moved about at a rapid clip. The Night's Guard was the most diverse of the Royal Guard by its very nature. Thestrals, ponies of all races, creatures of all kinds who have been cursed by the dark magicks that linger in the Wilds. The strigoi, the lycans, the carnivores and the undead. They always had a place to call home under the dark side of the Moon.
>
> The ruined town was bustling with activity. Unicorns raced to cast their enchantments, airborne and earthbound alike working to fortify the run down buildings into defensive shelters. The Cursed wandered the edges of the town, I imagine to drive away anything looking to make a quick meal of some unsuspecting patrol in the cover of the mist.
>
> And above it all stood the castle, not unlike a small version of Canterlot Castle, had transformed overnight from the ruined state I saw on my flight into a fortress of metal and magic. A gothic monument of steel offering its shade to all of those who asked for its protection. Cannons mounted proudly along its wall in a show of force. It's oddly beautiful in its own right, much like Luna herself. A little ragged around the edges and needing some serious TLC, but willing to take and give forces unimaginable to protect those they harbor.
>
> The only blemish is that flag, flying high and proud from the tallest tower like a tumor. The ancient flag of the New Lunar Republic, lacking the nightmarish motifs of old in favor of a sigil of wings and stars. Equestria is truly divided among the lines of faith and loyalty once more. The offer of protection it gave, as if Luna herself were extending her wings to bear the brunt of it all, was not a comfort.
>
> I spoke with a few of the creatures I met along my walk, gathering what information I could on the state of affairs here. It's going to be important to know what's coming from now on, know who I'm fighting alongside, try to get an understanding of a world I had not been a part of for a better part of a decade.
>
> Forces of all kinds had been mobilized for this conflict. The name "Night Terrors" came up a few times, must've been some specialized team recently formed but they seemed to speak of them highly, however talk of the leader of the group was met with stern looks from the other guards. Never got their name, maybe I'll meet them sometime.
>
> The current tactic in play was to wait and fortify. A counterattack was of the greatest concern. While minimal lives were lost in the initial attack on Canterlot Castle, a full scale counter attack would be much more deadly. Especially if Flux was among the ranks leading the charge.
>
> Finally I learned about a group of captured Solar Guard that had been taken during the escape. No one knew what the exact plan for them was, bargaining chips for the captured Night Guards back in Canterlot most likely. Maybe I can convince Celestia into negotiations for release from both sides.
>
> That's another thing that worries me now. Sending a letter by conventional means would risk another accusation of treason, and the creatures here would be more likely to act immediately than to let justice be served through the systems. I'll talk with some of the artificers later, see if a Sending Stone could be acquired from their stocks. I'll wait on that until I talk with Luna. Making my return into the ranks will keep the suspicions off me.
>
> I can see the Lieutenant coming back towards the medical tent now, hopefully to lead me to a meeting with her. We'll just have to see.
>
> -Diary of Countess Sweet Bun, Entry 173. Hour 31 of the War.
>
No reason given
Edited by CountDerpy