Tumblr NSFW Upload thread

Poll results: halp

I'll do my part and help
53.11% 777 votes
I just want to sit back and wank
46.89% 686 votes

Poll ended with 1463 votes.

Background Pony #F5B2
I was mostly on Ponyarchive’s discord this week, so I’m a bit out of the loop. Is there any attempt to organize claiming of all 17k tumblrs in twkr’s “alive” list? Because spreadsheet in the first post isn’t.
Xaxu-Slyph
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

Joltin' Jojo
@Psker  
Glancing at Order-Zerum that I ripped recently shows me that they have actually gone about EDITING the images with… golden apples. Now the ones I grabbed all the way back in August don’t seem to have such ‘apples’. Anyone else noticed stuff like that?
Background Pony #18B2
@Xaxu-Slyph  
Hi, me again. I’m sorry to bother but…  
how’d the saving tumblr blogs go?  
Found the LMR copy you had? The artist who made the comic hasn’t said anything about LMR as of yet.
Xaxu-Slyph
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Joltin' Jojo
@Background Pony #36D1  
You can actually still pull from that blog. I actually did one earlier just to be sure it was everything.(I had forgotten if I had grabbed the last posts or not. It still works if you wanted to grab it that way.) Otherwise, if you can give me a decent way to get the files to you, that is fine as well.
Garden Tinker
Artist -

I just tried looking at ColdBloodedTwilight’s tumblr, and I got redirected to a ‘sensitive media’ warning; from there it just offers a link to the dashboard, not even mentioning a way to adjust settings for viewing sensitive media - which there isn’t a setting for anymore, that I could find.
Background Pony #18B2
@Xaxu-Slyph  
I try entering but it says it couldn’t find the IP address or something like that. So I don’t think I can pull anything from it.  
Well, it could be from a site like MediaFire or Dropbox or Google Drive
LeoNero
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Shine On U Crazy Diamond
@Garden Tinker  
I think it’s just another way of saying “Your account has been terminated” Another problem that the staff should address and fix, but i know they wont, because they don’t want to admit that their algorithm has pretty much wrecked the entire site.

If they were honest with us, they would tell is the REAL reason why they did this. Whether it was the whole FOSTA/SESTA bill that’s been in effect, or it was apple and verizon that told them to do this, or maybe the staff is just that retarded that they can’t even remove bots without screwing everything up.
MaresFillies
Pony! - Derpi Supporter
From the Night - For mods that have been previously banned
Diamond - For users who have donated to the site
Twilight Sparkle -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Patron

Assistant
Twi’s Engineer Hubby
So my pony lads, how goes it?

Is Tumblr Pony-Chan dead? ;-; Did she go to a better place?

Is it futile to continue the battle of grabbing as much pony lewds? I’m driving back home in about 10 minutes from work. XD
CMC Scootaloo
Duck - Common sense 'n stuff
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Scootaloo Fanclub Member
Finally able to really join the cause now. I familiarized myself with TumblThree and how to download with it, based on Furrypony’s instructions. I have went and downloaded all pony Tumblrs in my bookmarks so far, which are mostly SFW, and will now proceed through the various lists.

Having checked Furrypony’s spreadsheet, the NSFW Tumblrs and Story Tumblrs are mostly in the clear. However, I found a couple of blogs marked as “dead” even though they aren’t dead and can still be saved with TumblThree, some claimed blogs that never finished archiving and might not finish anymore after the time that has passed now so I’m doing that and blogs that are marked as “U?” for which it is not completely sure whether or not they are completely downloaded.  
I will be going through these and archive them with TumblrThree and in the WaybackMachine.

At the same time, I will go through this list and archive the inactive Tumblrs that still exist, since no one is around anymore to appeal if the SFW ones should get a false takedown. There are also still a few NSFW Tumblrs in it.  
I am planning to alternate between one NSFW blog and one SFW blog in the TumblrThree queue, to cover both types of blogs, until I’m finished with the NSFW ones. Other lists will follow after that one is done.

I’m also thinking about making another spreadsheet, since Furrypony’s sheet does not contain the inactive blogs and neither the active SFW blogs, but would have to figure out some things about it first.

Either way, seeing that the NSFW blogs seem to be mostly covered, my effort will mostly go into saving SFW ones. The risk for them getting hit with a false takedown is low, if the automated system acts up it will probably happen rather rarely. But if it does happen, we have no way of knowing which blogs will get hit and disappear and it’s not fully sure if blog’s owner will appeal or is even still around to do that.  
So I’m making sure these blogs will be saved, as well. If you still have time and ressources to help, join the effort and look through these lists and save what you can:

https://www.derpibooru.org/uppers/E29CBFE29D80E29C%BF-upload-resources-tumblr-inactive

https://www.derpibooru.org/uppers/E29CBFE29D80E29C%BF-upload-resources-tumblr-active

Overall, I now have a few questions, answers on them would ease the effort of archiving:

1. TumblrThree generates, aside from the image files, a ton of .json files (which I assume are the posts, the text contained in them and the blog’s layout and design), as well as a few .txt files per blog.  
    Are these of any use? Can they be used to recreate the blog so that it can be viewed online in its entirety again, if so, how? Or are they just data junk and I can delete them?

2. What would be a good site to upload the blog archives by TumblrThree after zipping them? I currently have 841 GB left to save blogs on and the blogs from my bookmarks make up 15 GB already, so I will need to upload .zip files sooner or later to free space on my external HD.  
    A site to upload should ideally be free to use, but still offering a rather large space. A paid site can’t be too expensive, maybe ten dollars per month at most.  
    Of course, that’s only needed if the .json and .txt files are of use. The art is something I’m just going to upload here.

3. Is there any kind of automated way to archive sites in the WaybackMachine? A script? A bot? Something else? TumblrThree is automated, but the WaybackMachine isn’t and it will take a lot of time to archive all pages of a blog in it, maybe too much to save the blog in there.  
    It is kind of necessary, though, so that the chronological order of a blog, especially of a story blog, can be checked later.

4. @furrypony

This one’s for Furrypony, is there anything not working correctly with your spreadsheet? I tried to add some notes earlier, but every single cell tells me it’s protected.

That’s it, for now. I will occasionally post my progress here.

Oh and:

@MaresFillies  
So my pony lads, how goes it?
Is Tumblr Pony-Chan dead? ;-; Did she go to a better place?
Is it futile to continue the battle of grabbing as much pony lewds? I’m driving back home in about 10 minutes from work. XD

The lewds, maybe. There aren’t many left anymore and I should have them downloaded soon. I have to turn off my computer for the “night”, because it’s on for a few days now and needs rest, but I can download a few more before that happens, so I am estimating to have the remaining NSFW Tumblrs downloaded by Wednesday at the latest.  
But there are plenty of SFW ones that need protection, as well. There is still more to do.
𝗪𝖎𝖗𝖊𝖇𝖆𝖑𝖑
Wireball - For supporting the site
Silver Supporter - For site supporters
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Sapphire - For users who have donated to the site
Happy Derpy! -

From that derpibooru.org list of 22638 tumblrs, I picked a somewhat random chunk of 707 blogs (milkmare-of-trottingham through fimflamfilosophy), and I’ve downloaded about 36 of them so far (list so far). I might have chosen poorly - for example, danikhaleesi’s tumblr probably has a pony image or two in there somewhere, but 99% of those 36,000 images are irrelevant :)

Edit: Uh oh, it picked up my copy-paste from the tumblr.txt list and has started parsing more blogs. I better turn that function off - it spends all its time crawling them and none of it downloading. Edit2: We’ll see. It’s a lot faster on the Core i7 desktop than it was on the ten-year-old laptop.
Shadow_Blitz
Non-Fungible Trixie -

status update from me, I still have about 60(ish) tumblers to go till I have backed up all of the tumblers that start with the letter ‘Z’ from this list. (tumblrs_alive_stage2.txt)  
I’ll then start with the ‘Y’ tumblers as I said before.

Also has anyone else noticed that there has been a massive slowdown on TumblThree? as it used to download each file every half second, now it is just about 10 seconds per file. and my internet is quite fine.
rannius
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

cya on a better booru
Since the filter is more or less in place now, I think I’ll start sorting through my downloads and prepare a torrent.
furrypony
Cosmia Nebula  - For Patreon supporters
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

hopelessly sad filly
@CMC Scootaloo  
Sorry, I left the effort last week after a frenzy of activities. I locked the spreadsheet because I thought it was complete.  
I have unlocked the spreadsheet now.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide