Tumblr NSFW Upload thread

Poll results: halp

I'll do my part and help
53.11% 777 votes
I just want to sit back and wank
46.89% 686 votes

Poll ended with 1463 votes.

TotallyNotANoob
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Some editor
Alright, so for now i’ll try to redo thing i already archived right… For the third time…  
In some blogs by archiving images only i recovered more then by archiving the whole blog, but most of the blogs rearchived correctly.
twkr

@furrypony  
That’s not a very useful list, even when split, because it’s just sorted alphabetically while I implied sorting by the level of danger of getting deleted. I’ve got an idea on how to do it but not sure how long it will take to finish or how useful that will be:  
  1. Use curl to check which blogs are alive and which are dead for good, then upload as CSV or Google spreadsheet  
  2. Use search by source on derpibooru and calculate the level of urgency as (count(explicit) + 0.5*count(questionable)) / count(all)  
    Should be doable, at least.
twkr

@rannius  
The first is not a list per se, it’s a spreadsheet for keeping people coordinated in terms of who does what so that there’s an absolute minimum of duplicated dumps.  
The second is the list containing all the tumblrs that are listed as source on derpibooru.  
The third one looks like a cut-down version of the second one and in a forum thread format rather than in good ol’ machine-readable text.
ThatBadGuy

Welp, I have zero experience with Tumblr and even less with posting pictures on Derpi.

But I voted I would help and I still have some shady connections on FimFiction —if you get my drift— and so I’ll at least try to spread the word.
ElectricGears

@The Smiling Pony  
Would it be possible for you to make an internal query on the database and make a list of any artist with a Derpi account that has been active in the last few weeks? These blogs could be added to the Google spreadsheet as low priority because the artists are probably around and can post themselves. Even better, if an artist’s account (even inactive ones) has a matching tumbler source and you have an email, you could send them a note with instructions on using tumbler’s blog owner backup function.
twkr

Wrote a little shell script to check which tumblrs are still alive. Outputs CSV with URL and status code, dead return 404, alive should return 200, and so far I only get these two. Tested with bash, zsh, csh and /bin/sh. Needs curl to work. Pastebin link.

Installation:  
curl https://pastebin.com/raw/kDa8ij6j -o still_alive  
chmod +x ./still_alive

Usage:  
./still_alive raw_tumblr_list.txt tumblr_status.csv
twkr

I just noticed that the tumblr list from the first post contains 23 tumblr CDN/media servers for whatever reason. If anybody’s interested, here they are (thanks to the magic of grep!):  
41.media.tumblr.com
25.media.tumblr.com
31.media.tumblr.com
24.media.tumblr.com
68.media.tumblr.com
67.media.tumblr.com
28.media.tumblr.com
media.tumblr.com
30.media.tumblr.com
78.media.tumblr.com
56.media.tumblr.com
40.media.tumblr.com
33.media.tumblr.com
37.media.tumblr.com
66.media.tumblr.com
38.media.tumblr.com
36.media.tumblr.com
49.media.tumblr.com
45.media.tumblr.com
26.media.tumblr.com
65.media.tumblr.com
27.media.tumblr.com
29.media.tumblr.com

They give tumblr-backup script a major headache and should probably be filtered out.
twkr

@Wiimeiser  
This is a super simple and naive script that checks if front page is available (while following redirects). Can probably make something more smart tonight, when I get to my PC. Can’t do much more atm because on the phone =__=.
Zanec

Idea-list
This is what makes me want to buy external hard drives sometimes, you just never expect it.

How would I be able to help aside from downloading/uploading stuff(I don’t have enough space to help with that)?
CMC Scootaloo
Duck - Common sense 'n stuff
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

Scootaloo Fanclub Member
@Zanec

By doing that. I don’t know how much space you have left, but download a couple of pictures, upload them here, then delete them on your HD and repeat.
twkr

@Zanec  
If you have a Linux/macOS/*BSD machine located in the UK, the US or Europe (preferably Western), I can use some help with testing an updated version of my “still_alive” Tumblr status checking script that actually checks redirects and separates tumblrs that require authorization and “NSFW-approval” (or whatever this Tumblr’s BS is called) from the ones not requiring it. Shouldn’t take more than a couple of megabytes for temporary data and the resulting CSV file.
epikspeed
Wallet After Summer Sale -

it can take more effort, but if a tumblr isn’t on an archiving site, you can find a reblog by googling the tumblr’s name, then scrape 1-5 of the rebloggers tumblrs, and search through them for any with the artists watermark/signature (perhaps that part can be automated with a program somehow) but it does mean we can save any art that’s not on archives as well
Sumii1213 ♡
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Artist -

may be inactive
Awww…i really want to help. But all those blogs are locked coz I’m not old enough to turn off safe mode yet.  
I wouldn’t want to turn that off but I juts wanna help :(  
I can’t and don’t view nsfw content but I’m still devastated that this is actually happening…why would Tumblr have to do this?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide