Tumblr NSFW Upload thread

Poll results: halp

I'll do my part and help
53.11% 777 votes
I just want to sit back and wank
46.89% 686 votes

Poll ended with 1463 votes.

Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@CMC Scootaloo
Sadly SWF blogs aren’t safe, GreyScaleArt is a goner too for example

MLP art seems to be especially prone to being falsely flagged, as if the people who programmed the algorithm/bots correlated bronies and pedos. In fact, according to >>1898812 (deleted), all pony art is being flagged. Ask Puppysmiles could be affected for all we know, that one’s on the long txt but not any of the other lists…
CMC Scootaloo
Duck - Common sense 'n stuff
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

Scootaloo Fanclub Member
@Wiimeiser

It’s not that bad. I talked with Sam Rose, who created “Ask Motherly Scootaloo”, on Twitter and she only had a couple of flagged posts. Tumblr doesn’t target MLP: FiM art specifically, the algorithm is just broken, so it flags posts randomly. It’s just a coincidence that so much by Amarynceus got hit.  
And all these can be appealed, which makes a Tumblr staff member manually look into it and review the flagged posts that you appeal. All Tumblr blogs that are still active should be safe because of that.

It’s the ones that aren’t active anymore that are at the most risk of disappearing, because the creators aren’t around to appeal anymore, so go and save old, inactive pony Tumblr blogs, these are the most important ones we need to rescue!
CMC Scootaloo
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Scootaloo Fanclub Member
@Wiimeiser

Another type of blogs that are especially important to safe are all kinds of background pony blogs, about background ponies new and old.  
Background ponies don’t get as much attention in the fandom anymore today as they used to, so most people don’t bother with uploading art from background pony blogs, or, don’t even look at these blogs to begin with.  
Taking a guess, that probably means that 90% of all background pony art from ask and art blogs isn’t here on Derpibooru, so this should be another priority.
CMC Scootaloo
Artist -

Scootaloo Fanclub Member
@Barhandar

If the artists still care about their blogs, they’ll go through all of that. Sam Rose did with “Motherly Scootaloo”, others will do the same.  
If you have doubts, the start post has tools to save an entire Tumblr blog. Less panic-spreading, more collecting!
furrypony
Cosmia Nebula  - For Patreon supporters
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

hopelessly sad filly
I’ve looked into The Pony Archive project. They are doing a very complete archiving using grab-site:

It downloads the entire blog, including other thigns the blog links to (but only one level, like a twitter post for example) We can use this to host the blog just like it'd appear in the wayback machine later. Catch: we won't download avatars for tumblr users, too many files to do that.

And it seems there are at least two people grabbing all 22000+ tumblrs listed in the tumblr list

It seems that our downloading effort would not be able to make a dent compared to their effort. So we should concentrate on the “uploading to Derpibooru and tagging” part.

They have a temporary Discord invite
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Keen to do my part, though am wondering if there are any other Macfags here: How does Safari’s archive feature function in this regard? What about SiteSucker? an application I’ve been pointed towards when discussing doing stuff like this.
Loira
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Happy Derpy! -
Flexible -
Platinum bit -
Ruby -
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru exclusive artwork
Artist -

Smolder is a cutie
I’m going to progress through this spreadsheet made by furrypony and download the contents of as many blogs as I can, I’ll store them on a thumb drive and note that they’ve been claimed by me.

I would definitely recommend that anyone assisting also focus on this informational hub in order for us to check so we can make sure none of us are overlapping each other with what we’re doing. Good going with this furrypony 👍 and thank you to TSP for the archiving tool you’ve provided, so useful.
furrypony
Cosmia Nebula  - For Patreon supporters
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

hopelessly sad filly
There are Internet pony wizards at work at the Pony Archive. They have a temporary Discord invite. Focus on #savetumblr and #general-all-talk.  
ZizzyDizzy is the admin of Pony Archive. Open Skies is a wizardpone. Several other people are doing their own archival.

Currently there is a client made by Open Skies that should be fully automatic and really grabs everything in a tumblr. It’s already a downloadable working beta.  
To find the source code of the client, search from: Open Skies#0181 and scroll down. Currently there’s no easy tutorial on how to use it but the instructions can be gleaned from the chat record.

Hopefully the tool will be ready when I wake up later.  
The plan is that people would just download the client and feed it a list of tumblrs to archive, and it would do it automatically. It’s called distributed archiving in analogy to distributed computing.

The average weight of a tumblr is 0.1 - 1 gb. Use that as a rough estimate as to how much your computer can handle.

I recommend splitting the textfile into chunks of 100 or 1000, and put these files all into a folder.  
Then in some kind of sign-up website, let people sign up for committing to downloading the chunks.

That’d be the first step: download.

Second step would be to upload the downloaded content here on Derpi (and maybe some other places). It probably requires some kind of mass-uploading and mass-tagging tools here.
stsyn
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Economist -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes

I seen some H with “unable to download with TumblThree”. Here is the solution: https://%BLOGNAME%.tumblr.com always works. If it redirects you to /dashboard/blog/%BLOGNAME% you need to copypaste blogname. If it redirects you to custom domain, then you may retrieve original blog name via reblog menu.
Background Pony #C38C
Not exactly related to tumblr, but in the case other sites also decide to mass ban content, does anyone know if there exists downloaders for FA/InkBunny/DA/Pixiv/etc.?
redweasel
Duck - "someone befriended them, saved them, coaxed them out of their shell, and showed them that sex is nothing to be afraid of. I’m kind of envious of that rape victim"

Fuzzbutt
@Miguel Rivera

just at tumblr, but it’ll make all the source links stop working, and if the artist doesn’t have a special gallery link on their tag here, then nobody will have any way to find where to find any new art they create.
Kakapo
Da Magicks! - Merited Fine Arts badge with only their own art
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes
The Power of Love - Made a piece of artwork loved by 1000 users
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Background Pony #34FE  
Descriptions and tags are still essential if you want to properly identify the subject matter or date them. Besides, the metadata are just raw XML/HTML code in .txt files. They take up very little space and are very easy to download through TumblrThree (usually taking up only hundreds of kilobytes for every few hundred or so posts). Archiving won’t be comprehensive without these data.
ultraspast
Non-Fungible Trixie -

nut
I just saw this thread and idk if it’s already been said before, but you can find lost image URLs on archive.org. Even though the blog may be deleted or the posts gone, the images themselves never get deleted from the servers.  
Example, kevinsanos tumblr archived in 2015:  
full  
The selected URL still leads to an image, even though the blog is long gone.  
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mah3w0H4Ha1r1h27io1_1280.png
Vaidelot
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Speaking Fancy -

Humble Dash-worshipper
A little (and possibly stupid) question: does ThumblThree (or other tools mentioned) backups NSFW tumblrs “by default”, or do I need to create a tumblr account or use other measures to access them?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide