Tumblr NSFW Upload thread

Poll results: halp

I'll do my part and help
53.11% 777 votes
I just want to sit back and wank
46.89% 686 votes

Poll ended with 1463 votes.

TotallyNotANoob
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Some editor
So i didn’t figured out how to use tumblrthree, but modified a bit that python script Princess Luna sent and write a simmple script which takes blog name from a file and feed it to this script, so all you have to do is copy blog name into txt file and launch a script. However, i have no idea how well it all works, but at first glance seems like ok.  
Any of you guys need it?
Spindles
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

🍩
I manually looked through Moronsonofboron’s page, found a few pieces to upload.

Please note that he also has a NSFW tumblr as well, I’m giving it a peek.
TotallyNotANoob
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Some editor
So here it is on my cloud  
You write blog names in file “blogs.txt” one blog per line. Simply copypasting from that theme works just fine.  
Then you just starting file called “backupwraparound.py” and wait. It is a rather time consuming process. Every blog will be saved in separate folder in directory of scrypt.  
And don’t rename files called “blogs.txt” and “backup.py”, or it won’t work.  
And just in case, you’ll need to have a python2.7 for that to work.
Wild Zontars

I miss unicorn Twilight
Jason Scott of Archive.org/Textfiles.org wants to help:

https://twitter.com/textfiles/status/1069677871596212224

Hey, so Tumblr is going to blow up a random, arbitrary set of Tumblr blogs due to a terrible new adult policy (and it is quite terrible). Here’s a little bit of what you can do:
First, go to https://web.archive.org , go down to ‘save page as’ and paste in URLs of any blogs you think are special and need to be preserved, especially if the creators are absent or dead. Go ahead, full-bore.
Second, if you have content, actual content and need to host it elsewhere without ridiculous adult policies, come on over. We got you. DM me if you have questions. Thanks.
Wild Zontars

I miss unicorn Twilight
Update: Archive team is going to start mass-archiving NSFW Tumblr, but no guarantee it’ll include what you want saved, so keep at it.

https://twitter.com/textfiles/status/1070044010784403457

We are about to go hard on archiving a lot of NSFW Tumblrs. One side effect of this is going to be attacks from people going “How dare you duplicate my stuff” and I’m going to politely ask you to read the room and situation and pick your fight.
You want it gone after it’s saved, write in.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
I have a couple NSFW pony pics that I downloaded from Tumblr and isn’t available anywhere else. They’re fetish pics from a Tumblr called The-Shit-Shack and the artist wants to remain anonymous for some reason. I don’t want these pics to be lost to the sands of time and I was wondering if I can do my part to preserve them here.
Lisboeta

With all the tumblr debacle I am looking for a way to get comprehensive list of pony-related tumblrs. Current “Upload resorces” threads miss quite a few of them, on the other hand Derpibooru has a lot of images with links to tumblrs in the source field. Is there any way to search it? Not necessary the site search, just some way to get the DB short of sending 40000 json requests (because 50 images per page is maximum). Autoparsing would be trivial in comparison.

About Wayback machine: they seem to be not doing well with infinite-scroll tumblrs. Either do not rely on them or let them know about it. Preferably both.
Background Pony #488E
@The Smiling Pony  
Besides askstalkerloo, I have found everything there that I remember. But randomly testing a few images from the blogs, none returned a match to reverse search.
Lisboeta

@The Smiling Pony  
Many thanks to you

So there are 20k tumblrs (holy yay!). Considering that at least half of them is probably deleted before December (so nothing can be done now with tumblr and what is cashed on web.archive or somewhere else will remain accessible there) remaining 10k could probably be saved by the 100 volunteers or by 20 volunteers with above-average internet and plenty of disk space. What is most important now is organization.

I’ll try downloading by myself what I can but will check here frequently.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide