When X and Y - tag definition

Cirrus Light
Economist -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under his artist tag

Sciencepone of Science!
I’ve noticed a lot of these floating around, recently:

>>1283032t (deleted)

>>1282998t (deleted)

>>1279784t (deleted)

>>1276535t (deleted)

And many more. So, not sure exactly how to define it… It usually describes some situation that arises, and your response to it, depicting a pony reaction image.

So…

Short definition: A pony reaction image put to a real life occurrence.  
Long definition: A macro that uses a pony reaction image to describe a reaction to a particular real-world situation.

There’s just so many of these that are so similar that it seems useful to give them their own tag, though most already fall under “obligatory pony”
saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
IMO more than “obligatory pony” they should be “exploitable meme”.

And I think these are called TFW (“that/the feel[ing] when”) image macros.
toxicitzi
BUY SOME APPLES! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

@Cirrus Light  
my take, we can’t make this happen any faster. I really want to hide these damn images from my feed…

but anyway, as for a tag I’d say we need one that’s much more encompassing than this, for images that are of an equally similar nature as these, as opposed to making a lot more unnecessary tags around those as well sometime in the future.

a few examples

>>1281651s (deleted)  
>>1271498s (deleted)  
>>1261591s (deleted)  
>>1261415s (deleted)

these all seem to share one common theme among each other, which is why they annoy me, they use ponies to retell life experiences, or negative ones to be exact. If we can make a tag fitting all these pony reaction to real life annoyances, that’s what would be best for these kinds of image macros.

as for if that’ll happen, I’m hoping it will.
saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
Could these be treated like new exploitable memes, i.e. deleted? They are indeed nothing but pre-existing screencaps, with effortlessly added text.
toxicitzi
BUY SOME APPLES! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

@Cirrus Light  
I wouldn’t support that much, I want a tag to be more broad and encompassing enough to categorize differences in image macros, especially when there are such note worthy differences, problem being, you introduce too many tags describing very similar things that make the user experience a little bit more bad at a time, which can spiral out of control in the worst case scenario in which all tags of such slight differences get their own unique tag.

that’s why I think a better tag that encompasses every single similarly used image like those is a better long term solution. I don’t think convolution for these similar type of tags makes much sense, but they all can’t just be Image Macros, every single last one of them.
Zebasiz
Bronze Bit -
Friendly Griffon - For helping others attend the fifth anniversary party
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <Zeb> That's why yer female partner can use a trapon
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

While I support Saby on the option to delete these types of images under Rule 3 “Obligatory pony”.

If we do keep them and decide a tag for them, I support Saby’s other post: “And I think these are called TFW (“that/the feel[ing] when”) image macros.”

Tagging them as “TFW” or “MFW”. Possibly with meme added. “MFW meme” “TFW meme”. Though I’m leaning towards “MFW meme” since the majority focus on the character’s facial expression. Possibly alias “my face when” and other variations into it. [“My face when” does already have 3 images under the tag.]
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Dead