Uploaders need to stop tagging PONY on ANTHRO art.

Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@saby  
The common definition of “feral” refers to wild animals, especially those descended from domesticated ones. Admittedly, I don’t have a great understanding of how many people know the standard definition vs. the furry definition on this site. I would imagine more know and accept the latter definition given fandom overlap, but if there’s a lot of people who don’t, I’d rather not contribute to spreading a new definition that contradicts an established definition.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Litrojia  
Well since site ownership is unlikely to go dictator on an issue like this, I guess it’ll come to a staff discussion, and if needed, a staff vote (ranked choice please). Now at least there’s actual options beside “feral” so the process doesn’t need to die if consensus finds “feral” less than ideal.

To recap and expand, there’s at least following options for an animal-like bodyplan tag.

feral  
  • simple and very concise  
  • already used by furry community, which has considerable overlap with pony community

~ mixups with semi-wild and kink definitions should be rare especially when the tag will be flagged as a bodyplan and grouped separately from general tags  
    ~ due to its established use in furry community, even if this option doesn’t end up being the main name for the tag, it should be an alias  
    ~ it would be used on a massive number of images, so even those who don’t know it beforehand would eventually pick it up

zoomorphic  
  • precise  
  • quite concise  
  • clear meaning for anyone who knows some fancy word Greek

• unestablished word that may be Greek (not sorry) to those who don’t know much fancy word Greek

~ “morph” is not an uncommon Greek roots in English and also used in “anthropomorphic”, and “zoo” on its own at least associates heavily with animals  
    ~ it would be used on a massive number of images, so even those who don’t know it beforehand would eventually pick it up

quadruped  
  • garnered some support in an older thread

• all animals are not quadrupeds (birds, snakes, kangaroos)  
  • all quadruped creatures are not animal-shaped (centaurs)

~ “pony” ought be proof enough that if a tag’s name is identical to a common English word, if avoidable at all, it should not be given a site-specific definition as a tag even if it’s going to be used on a massive number of pictures

feral (bodyplan)  
  • more precise than the plain version  
  • will list in fancy tag editing when you type “feral”

~ probably unneeded compromise but may be preferable to those whose only problem with “feral” is the ambiguity.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

@saby  
Thankfully, I think the two staff members who feel most strongly about this hypothetical tag’s name have already posted in this thread, so picking a tag name shouldn’t be too hard if we take this approach to the issue at all.

All very good points about the tag names though. A plain “feral” tag would probably work better than adding a qualifier to it, and “quadruped” is too different from the definition of the tag we’re talking about adding.
Princess Luna
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
I don’t like the semantics on feral, but quadruped just misses the mark by being about a particular facet of pony-like body structure instead of the animal-like nature of it. “Zoomorphic” is probably best on semantics, but it’d be a pain to teach people the meaning of.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide