This Pony Does Not Exist character tags

Ricolove
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Pony Lover
OMG this thread is so long by now…do we got a conclusion or consensus here?

In my view, a nerual network produce what you feed. If I use the same network with the training set contains only Fluttershy images, then I can easily got a “ThisFluttershyDoesNotExist” website. So how should we tag these images that produced by AI…?

If you remove Fluttershy tag for TPDNE images because it claims that they do not reflect to any real pony, then you should also not tag my TFDNE images because I claim that they do not reflect to the canon Flutteyshy.

However, I also claim that this is Fluttershy, but just in another…parellel world? So all TFDNE should be tagged as Fluttershy.

What a paradox!

But I don’t care what will be the final decision anymay. I have hidden TPDNE tag because it was spamming my watchlist.
Background Pony #B788
@Ricolove  
The title of your hypothetical website would be an oxymoron. All the websites like this that I’ve seen are titled as general concepts or concepts that would require more than just a picture to exist. “Fluttershy” isn’t a general concept and would “exist” with only a picture. If your website was specifically for Fluttershys, then a more accurate title would be something like “Now This Fluttershy Exists” or something.

But anyway, I agree that they shouldn’t be tagged as canon characters and think the “not” tags are the best solution.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
There was a staff discussion on this matter back when this thread was active, and from it we agreed that character tags should be for when AI creates something identical to a character.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide