Viewing last 25 versions of post by loxaxs in topic This Pony Does Not Exist character tags

loxaxs

@LightningBolt

Here's a copy of the post I wrote before I discovered this one:

[bq]

>
Have a look at "[this search":](https://derpibooru.org/search?q=artist:thisponydoesnotexist,-ts,-fs,-ry,-rd,-aj,-pp,-sg,-tia,-luna,-derpy,-not*). Today, 2020-07-17, you'll see it contains a lot of images that should be tagged @`fluttershy@`, @`twilight sparkle@`, etc. but aren't. I've tried tagging them, but it turns out that not everybody agrees on whether these images should receive the character tags.

>
>
This is due to thisponydoesnotexist being an AI (a generative adversarial network to be specific), and to the name of the site: "This Pony Does Not Exist"... if the pony does not exist, it cannot be a know character, and must be a new OC each time...

>
>
So here are two questions:

>
>
- (A) Should we tag the images: according to "what they look like" (A1) or according to "what they were meant to be represent" for the author (A2)

>
>
Note that in the case of (A2) we still need to decide if the person selecting the image in the pool generated by the AI has the value of an author, in the absence of any other author (yes (A2.1)) (no (A2.2)). Please also note that there are "[thisponydoesnotexist images":](/images/2399795) tagged "not fluttershy" by the uploader, so the difference between (A1) and (A2.1) matters.

>
>
- (B) (from a more practical viewpoint) What should we do about the tagging conflict of the thisponydoesnotexist images?[/bq]

So yes, LightningBolt, I believe you should look into question (A), -- _*how do we tag images?_*
No reason given
Edited by loxaxs
loxaxs

@LightningBolt

Here's a copy of the post I wrote before I discovered this one:

[bq]Have a look at "this search":https://derpibooru.org/search?q=artist:thisponydoesnotexist,-ts,-fs,-ry,-rd,-aj,-pp,-sg,-tia,-luna,-derpy,-not*. Today, 2020-07-17, you'll see it contains a lot of images that should be tagged @fluttershy@, @twilight sparkle@, etc. but aren't. I've tried tagging them, but it turns out that not everybody agrees on whether these images should receive the character tags.

This is due to thisponydoesnotexist being an AI (a generative adversarial network to be specific), and to the name of the site: "This Pony Does Not Exist"... if the pony does not exist, it cannot be a know character, and must be a new OC each time...

So here are two questions:

- (A) Should we tag the images: according to "what they look like" (A1) or according to "what they were meant to be represent" for the author (A2)

Note that in the case of (A2) we still need to decide if the person selecting the image in the pool generated by the AI has the value of an author, in the absence of any other author (yes (A2.1)) (no (A2.2)). Please also note that there are "thisponydoesnotexist images":/images/2399795 tagged "not fluttershy" by the uploader, so the difference between (A1) and (A2.1) matters.

- (B) (from a more practical viewpoint) What should we do about the tagging conflict of the thisponydoesnotexist images?[/bq]

So yes, LightningBolt, you should thinlook a bint about question (A), -- _how do we tag images?_
No reason given
Edited by loxaxs