Species listing

Frustration in Excelsis
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artist -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -

Worldbuilding Addict
@Badumsquish  
This may just be me being nitpicky, but wouldn’t it make more sense to call it a “tatzelwurm pony” or somesuch? For the sake of clearness, mostly. A one-letter difference in species names sounds like the kind of thing that would work fine if you’re in the know, but would probably lead to some unfortunate mistagging or aliasing down the line.

EDIT: Ah, never mind, that would probably just lead with confusion with tatzlponies.

Also, there don’t appear to be any images under the linked tag.
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@Frustration in Excelsis  
Maybe if more people were going to draw it, but I honestly doubt anyone other than me will ever draw them and I’ll probably draw it only a few more times at most. I want to keep it as-is too since it’s a direct reference to a mythological creature :D

(Link didn’t work since someone changed the tag to the misspelled “tatzelworm” which I changed back :D)
deactivateda0841fe

Real quick thing. I’mma avoid making species implications for really small one-off tags (aside from official) because it’s a lot of extra work. If you have something specific in mind and think it would be worth it just poke me.

@icey wicey 1517  
Done

@icey wicey 1517  
I’m not sure that’s meant to be a species. >>2049988 says sea pony + some shark in there. I think they just meant it was a pony that lives in the ocean? I guess.

Derp. I just noticed it was your character. I’ll go ahead and make that a species tag then.

@Badumsquish  
That’s really cute. I made it a species tag and made a small description to help prevent confusion. I’m not sure the original species really applies since the origin is more mythical (though it definitely applies to your post), so I’m gonna leave that off for now.

@icey wicey 1517  
Undead is already, so it seems pretty applicable. While these aren’t exactly species it kind of manifests that way in art and it’s where people are going to look for them anyways. So sure, done + implied to undead.
Toksyuryel
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Soft Embrace
So how would I use this categorization in a search? Say I wanted to do a search for images that feature tatzlponies while excluding all other species, how would I construct such a search query?
Yoshimon1
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
@Toksyuryel  
First, you use the tag search to find all species tags that aren’t tatzlpony: category:species, -tatzlpony.

Then you take that list of (as of this moment) 1522 tags, go to regular image search and build a query searching for tatzlpony, excluding all other species tags:  
tatzlpony, -pony, -unicorn, -anthro, -pegasus, -alicorn, -earth pony, -human, -dragon, ..., -tirtouga

In other words, tag categories can only be used for tag searching.

And even if they were available for image search, these kinds of “one, but exclude all others” queries seldom work in any other way than manually listing everything. Since tatzlpony is a species, something like tatzlpony, -species:* would also end up excluding tatzlpony and always result in an empty set.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide