Request artist tag aliases here

Background Pony #F40D
• artist:lobkoff -> artist:apocheck13 - Done.

Does it take some time for it to apply, or something? Because, it does not seem to be in effect as of when I’m writing this.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Brokedownandmadeone  
In some ways, artist aliasing is a lot faster and easier on Philomena.

At the same time, artist aliasing is ending up taking a lot more time than it used to, mostly because we’re doing it right now.

Philomena has gotten rid of a lot of the slop that we used to live with, and now when doing an alias I need to fix anything that the BooruOnRails system would simply have thrown up its hands and said; “Okay, whatever”. But Philomena says; “Nope, that ain’t a thing” and I have to figure out what is going wrong.

Over time, I feel like I’m getting better at figuring out what is happening, or what needs to be cleaned up, but yesterday one alias took me almost two hours.

And I’m still (as much as I can) following the “First in first out” queuing process we’ve always used for reports.

I think what I might try is creating a queue of “These are not easy” alias requests, so I can take care of the easy stuff as fast as possible, and then handle the “Something’s wrong with these” ones as a back-burner process.

I’ll think about what that might look like … maybe a Trello page or something … or maybe a new “Only mods can post in it” thread for tracking artist tagging/aliasing issues/maybe bugs to get them out of this thread.

… I guess a better way of saying this is that Philomena does aliasing right. BooruOnRails was easier because in a lot of ways it was sloppier, but with Philomena we have to take the time to get things cleaned up BEFORE we try to alias them.

So, taking more time up front, but causing a LOT less problems on the back end.
Background Pony #F40D
@Background Pony #FDAD
That’s odd. I’m in bed right now and not logged into the mod tools, but I’ll look into it tomorrow. Maybe there’s something wonky in the database causing the job to hang or something. Had one of those earlier, too.

Mild bump/reminder. Any leads?
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Background Pony #FDAD  
I’ve actually haven’t been able to get back to this thread yet today.

Other tasks on the site keep taking priority. Also I drew today so some of my hobby time went there.

But I’ll try to focus on this thread first tomorrow, and I’ll look at that one first.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide