Request artist tag aliases here

deactivated29979a

artist:spirittisdrawsartist:spirittis

The reason I’m named “spirittisdraws” on DeviantArt is that I deactivated my previous account there for personal reasons and when creating the new one, I couldn’t use the same name anymore. I wasn’t the first person to upload a picture I drew on this site, so it’s understandable the uploaders used my exact DeviantArt handle.

I used the same name as on Derpi on my Twitter too, for example.

Many thanks in advance!
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
Is there any specific reason Agrol and Forgalorga are separate? Has Agrol requested that his alternate account remain separately tagged for some reason?
I spoke with the artist about a year ago, and they asked for the tags to be separate.

@Dogman15  
@Hopen Way
We can’t even have a short note/message on the Agrol tag that says “Do not tag with “Forgalorga” or something? Other artists have links to alternate tags of theirs and it specifies what each tag is for. (“NSFW” or “edits” or some specificity.)
Each tag is used for each specific online gallery that the artwork is from - there’s just one profile that owns both of those tags. There are staff-only notes to prevent aliasing of the tags, but they are not public because some artists don’t want comments on their artist tags saying “Here’s the other tag that I’m trying to keep separate from this one, over there”.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@rannius  
• I went “artist:mariasha -> artist:mariashapony” instead, to match their DA account, which seems to be where their recent art is coming from.

@Brokedownandmadeone - Done.

@Urist McUnicorn - Done.

@Background Pony #19CC - Done.

@Brokedownandmadeone - Agreed, I have no idea - I kind of remember doing that, too. Done now though.

@Background Pony #19CC - Done. Thank you for doing all that research :)

@MellowinsomeYellow - Done.

@Brokedownandmadeone - Done. And thank you for laying out the links like that. I just realized I once I’ve verified the links I can edit your post, grab the source, and paste it straight into the long description of the tag. Please feel free to do that some more :)

@TexasUberAlles - Done.

@Valghern - Done. Although I went the opposite way, since the first seemed more like the artist’s name, and the second the name of their website.

@Background Pony #B8F2 - Done. Sorry for taking so long.

@Background Pony #3C82 - Done.

Omaigerd, finally caught up to when my spouse got out of the hospital.

Long story short, if your spouse is going to take a month to recover from their surgery, SO WILL YOU.

Out of coffee - brb
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
Continuing with the catchup from my spouse’s surgery …

@Sunsper - Done! Also thank you for laying out the links like that. It really helps :)

@MellowinsomeYellow  
• chriswithata → artist:christadoodles - Done.  
• zukis-posts → zuki - Done.  
• artist:itsaaudra → artist:itsaaudraw - Done.  
• artist:kajitanii → artist:kaji-tanii - Done.  
• artist:sunodraws → artist:sunomii - Done.  
• artist:askdoctorwhooves → artist:buljong - Done.  
• enyelvimux → enyelita - Done.  
• xsecretgirl → kasi-ona - Done.

Continued here.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Brokedownandmadeone  
It’s a caching thing … if I look logged off, I see the old view that you’re seeing, too.

Give it some time … these “caching lags” used to introduce an interesting twist in getting aliases done correctly, but staff now see the site uncached, so I can see the tags are in place. It’ll just take a while for everything to catch up all the way to the edge.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@MellowinsomeYellow

I know it may seem a small thing, but it helps ENORMOUSLY if you follow the format provided in the first post of this thread.

If you follow that format, and the guidelines set forth in that post, then all I have to do is copy/paste things.

I still have to verify the information, but I don’t have to re-type it. And the more something gets retyped the more errors can creep into a change.

With the volume of images that are effected by the aliasing done in this thread, it really is beneficial if everyone follows the same process, and the same formats.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Brokedownandmadeone  
[bq=”Brokedownandmadeone”] @Derpy Whooves
@Brokedownandmadeone – That … was a mess. I went with artist:tehsean because that’s where all their mirrors point to.
The reason I suggested artist:snao (aside from majority name usage), was because they’re no longer posting to FA (the only place with the “tehsean” username), and has this in their FA description:
Hi this account is browse-only ( I am not uploading new content here ), if you wanna see new pictures, go to
http://www.Weasyl.com/~naoki (<- which has “snao” in the titlebar, even though the page link looks like this)
Ugh. They’ve changed it yet again. Now the name on that page, and the URL, is “naoki”.
And artist:naoki is already someone else.
sigh
Ok, I’m going to leave it as it is. Anyone looking for tehsean’s art can find it, and anyone looking for naoki’s art will find that.
This is just such a tangle that I think trying to do anything more to it at this point is not going to make it better.
Maybe if the artist creates a new profile in a while then that will be the place we can move all the art to.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
Continuing from here.

@AL1-CE - Done. Sorry for taking so long.

@Background Pony #1B51 - All done.

@Background Pony #D9DD - Cute, watched, done :)

@Valghern - Done. Huh. That’s my fetish.

@Litrojia - Done, previously, apparently.

@RushCars24 - Done.

@rannius - Done.

@Background Pony #E4CB - Done.

@Damaged - Oh! Right … that’s not a problem, because their DA is linked to their verified profile. With a verified profile, that is automagically handled. Creating aliases for that just dirties up the database (and the aliasing process when other things change), because the system already has a preferred way of handling it. So we don’t alias those.

@Exhumed Legume - Looks good … thank you for doing all that work; done.

@Barhandar - Done …  
NOTE: If their twitter handle isn’t being mapped to the proper artist tag, please let me know. With the URL on their verified artist profile it should be working without an alias. If it isn’t, then that’s a problem that we’ll want to investigate.
Also …

@Shayzorr - Done. I went with coyotecoyote since that matches their current DA.

@Alope Ruby Aspendale - Done.

@Background Pony #72E3 - Thank you :)

@Qev - Done.

@Yoshimon1 - Done. Sometimes it’s hard to figure out how those got missed in the original user link verifications …

@Dragonpone - Done.

@northern haste - Done.

@Background Pony #8F8B - Done.

@MellowinsomeYellow - Sorry - these big ones are a lot of work, and with all the misformed artist tags I’m going to work on this one when I get the rest done.

@Brokedownandmadeone - Thank you, that helps a lot.

@Hopen Way - Done. And it is SO weird. That artist’s URL was validate 2 years ago, but there’s still images with the wrong tags. How does that even happen?
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Background Pony #1B51 & @Damaged & @Exhumed Legume & @Damaged & @Qev & @Exhumed Legume & @TexasUberAlles & @Damaged & @TexasUberAlles & @Exhumed Legume & @TexasUberAlles & @Exhumed Legume & @Damaged

Sorry, but I need to focus on artist aliasing here, not on migrating DNPs from the previous system. That is effort is actually an entire TRELLO board filled with individual tiny pieces and so much work … you have no idea. Or, maybe given your exchange here, you do have an appreciation for what a gigantic mess it can be.

Also, yeah … all of this

… or something … just felt like a meme might defuse all of this …
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
  1. artist:chautung → artist:ch-chau - Something is definitely wrong here. I have to talk to the artist about it.

2. artist:amberlumines → artist:vanillafox2035 - Done.

3. artist:lengthen → artist:risterdus - Done.

@Brokedownandmadeone

Oh my gosh you have no idea how much this helps! Thank you :)

4. artist:moonlight-echidna → artist:oreokeki - Done.

5. artist:thegreatcat14 → artist:strawberrycat14 - Done.

6. artist:dark-merchant → artist:kuraidraws - Done.

7. artist:niftyapplestar → artist:nifty-senpai - Done.

8. artist:scraptorproductions → artist:linnyillustrates - Done.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide