Rating tags general

Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Blissful690
It’s just a character not liking that you’re looking at them, and with a slight blush likely due to embarrassment (possibly she’s upset at stalking); there’s simply not much to the pose to put things in Suggestive for a pony, where a butt being fully out of a skirt is completely normal.
Posted Report
radpanic
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

never big enough
>>3028121 would be safe rather than suggestive, right? There’s a chart ranking the characters by breast size, but it’s not like there are any pictures of breasts—it’s just the characters’ floating heads arranged on a line graph from “flat” to “F cup”.
Posted Report
radpanic
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -

never big enough
I’m a little unclear on the current standards for inflation and weight gain fetish pictures. Would >>3050068 be safe, since it’s played for laughs and not sexualized inside the picture, or suggestive or questionable because of the size?
Posted Report
Princess Luna
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@radpanic
Size alone doesn’t really trigger Suggestive/Questionable (a simply large sphere with hooves and a face is Safe…and has to be due to Pony Life literally having that multiple times), but when there’s got big rolls and scrunchy areas, that can push things. I would think this is just barely Questionable
Posted Report
Background Pony #4869
Safe or suggestive?
>>3053832
I tagged it suggestive because that’s what similar images usually go with, but I don’t see this as anything sexual as far as Derpi is concerned. All there really is is a “sexy” outfit (and a relatively modest one at that) and what I think is a bed.
Posted Report
Princess Luna
Economist -
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Background Pony #B065
Semi-grimdark can operate as if it were semi-grotesque as well, so it’s between that and Safe, and just needs a fair bit of review.
@Background Pony #4869
Safe vs. Suggestive here is just about how much of the butt is showing on the side there. It’d be easy if we saw her from behind, but with this angle, it’s borderline.
Posted Report
Blissful690

Violet Frost Fan
I’m sorry, but how is this safe? It’s not very family friendly, is it? I mean, what kind of family friendly show would you expect to see something like that?
Posted Report
radpanic
Non-Fungible Trixie -

never big enough
@Blissful690
I’m not a moderator, so I hope it’s okay for me to weigh in on this…
For modern cartoons, Friendship Is Magic itself made references to R-rated media that were definitely meant to fly over the kids’ heads and amuse their parents:
  • In “Look Before You Sleep”, Twilight’s book Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Slumber Parties (But Were Afraid to Ask) references the Woody Allen film Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Sex (But Were Afraid to Ask).
  • In “Make New Friends But Keep Discord”, the shot of the Smooze flooding out of the closet is a clear homage to a scene from The Shining.
  • In “Every Little Thing She Does”, the picture of Big Macintosh using mud to hide from a monster is a reference to the first Predator movie.
The general rule seems to be that if something requires outside knowledge to become dirty or adult, then it’s still okay to include in children’s media as a bonus for parents watching.
And I’d say the pole dancing in your linked pic falls into that category. The pony isn’t posing provocatively, and she isn’t drawn with any naughty bits to show off. All she’s doing is spinning around a pole, and twirling in place a bit. It requires outside knowledge (namely the fact that strippers typically pole-dance) to make anything about it seem dirty. So I think that’s why it’s considered “safe”.
Posted Report
Princess Luna
Economist -
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Blissful690
While it’s possible that things in the 80s were generally more lenient on this specific case, we are not concerned with specifically maintaining an exclusively “modern” standard, but rather a general one that would not be putting children’s cartoons from certain time periods above Safe. There is incredible variation when it comes to what a given network allows in a show at a given rating, and in general, we are not interested in playing the “well The Hub would’ve not allowed FiM to do that, so it should be above Safe, despite being in official MLP media” game, where everyone’s a loser either from show media being filtered by the Default filter or having to spoiler perfectly normal Saturday morning cartoons as clips in comments for Rule 7.
The Safe rating in general covers anything most TV-Y7 cartoons could get away with, with especially erring on the side of allowance for things MLP media has done, and with a few extra things those couldn’t get away with (swearing and drugs mostly).
Posted Report
Background Pony #4230
Is >>3059702 in fact a “featureless crotch”? It’s…in between. Rating currently stands at “suggestive” but could be “explicit”, depending.
Posted Report
Background Pony #4230
Is there anything I’m not seeing about >>3061956? It was uploaded as questionable, changed to safe, then changed back to suggestive by the uploader.
Posted Report
Background Pony #B065
Rating check: was safe changed to semi-grimdark. I’m not too sure about that, a character sitting in one spot until they become a skeleton for the punchline is a pretty well-worn joke in children’s media.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide