Rating tags general

saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Archonix  
But unless you know the artists’ intention, there’s no way to distinguish from a normal twinkle-eyed pony crying a dark liquid. And even if the gore factor’s evident enough, shouldn’t the picture be tagged per gore, not horror?

Not trying to be a crank, this issue perplexes me.
Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
@saby  
A de-cartoonified origin story for the twinkle ponies is that they had crystals embedded in their eyes while working as mine slaves. Add her crying “a dark liquid” to that, blood and scarring around the crystals on her eyeballs, her general expression, the description implying blindness, and the overall dark scheme of the image, and you pretty much get a poster for a horror movie.

On top of which, it’s rated mature at the source.
Princess Luna
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Rainboom Dash  
I think it should generally be Questionable. Grinding is a bit of an odd case for ratings in general because it’s non-visible possible genital stimulation.

@saby  
If you look closely at the eyes, there’s details that make it look like they’re rather injured, not just unusual in the shape of the pupils, so I think Semi-grimdark is correct here.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #91Z0  
You write “same sex” but link “safe sex”.

Words have different meanings in different contexts. “Safe” in the phrase “safe sex” means that the sex is practised with precautions to prevent unwanted pregnancies, transmittance of STIs, etc. “Safe” in the context of the rating tag here on Derpibooru means the picture has no such content that wouldn’t be okay to show to children.

There are many more seeming contradictions. The same image can be tagged “good clean married sex” (it’s “good and clean” because it’s between married partners) and “filthy dirty married sex” (it’s “filthy and dirty” because it’s kinky, but it also happens to be between married partners).
Blissful690

Violet Frost Fan
@Background Pony #91Z0
“Safe” in the context of the rating tag here on Derpibooru means the picture has no such content that wouldn’t be okay to show to children.

And there’s been a longstanding problem with this site where there’s been tons of images rated safe that aren’t okay to show to children, such as ones containing swearing, drugs, and so forth.
Princess Luna
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@saby  
I think so. Ass is for butts that are on more human-like creatures. It’s probably good to tag here, though it is a bit tenuous being that there’s barely any hint of a crack.
Panko Pai
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork

Shy gamer stallion
>>2492422 (NSFW)  
Should the rating be kept Questionable or be re-rated to Explicit?  
Twi’s crotch is shown, but I can’t see if her vulva is visible
saby
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Yoshimon1  
Agree with “suggestive” at most.

balls, suggestive precedents

We also have a whole bunch of similar low focus low detail sheaths tagged as “safe”, including original G1 show footage.

If any hint of recognisable testes is ruled to be non-safe, one of my own pieces will also be affected (there’s also a similarly presented ponut):  
Princess Luna
Economist -
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Yoshimon1  
Not sure on it overall, but Explicit is odd for a partial outline, and Suggestive makes more sense.

@saby  
Most of that is references or clothing outlines (many of which even look like they need rerating). >>603011 and >>10417 are the only clear cases of actual balls being Suggestive-rated at the moment, and >>1718613 is arguable. Definitely not much as far as precedent; you’ll find a lot more looking at Questionable, which has the most comparable image:  

Sheaths and especially anuses might get similar theoretical treatment, but they aren’t a good point of comparison because their very nature is mild (close to the body and simple in shape). For >>1612273, it doesn’t even quite qualify for the “anus” tag because it can’t be clearly seen to be distinct from the fur on both sides.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide