Rating tags general

Background Pony #AE6B
@Derpy Whooves  
Excuse me but I mean to ask you something. How is non consensual sex considered as grimdark? Rape and grimdark are two different meanings. Just because it’s somebody doesn’t give us much consent to their partner doesn’t mean it should just be nightmare Fuel and dying painfully. So what gives? Do you think you might give me a full detailed and comprehendible exclamation to why you think that not consensual sex really horrifying?
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Background Pony #AE6B  
I feel like we’ve been over this so many times with you, and you’re still asking the same questions.

On this site, non-consensual sex or rape doesn’t have to result in murder, or nightmare fuel, or ‘dying painfully’, for it to be ‘grimdark’.

Rape, by itself, is grimdark.

Please respect this tagging guideline, please stop vandalizing tags on images, and please stop leaving comments talking about how ‘happy and fun’ you find rape to be on images - even images where the character being raped is crying, pleading for mercy, and in some cases dying you have posted comments talking about how the victim should be happy to be giving the rapist ‘so much pleasure’ - please, stop.

We are not going to stop tagging rape as grimdark, and you are no longer welcome on this site.
Officer Hotpants
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Literally3HitlersInACoat
Do you think you might give me a full detailed and comprehendible exclamation to why you think that not consensual sex really horrifying?

… this right here? This is the kind of thing that scares me. And I’m not just talking about the grammar.
Brokedownandmadeone
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Equality - In our state, we're all equal here!

BigThirsty ponybooru.org
@Background Pony #AE6B
Please respect this tagging guideline, please stop vandalizing tags on images, and please stop leaving comments talking about how ‘happy and fun’ you find rape to be on images - even images where the character being raped is crying, pleading for mercy, and in some cases dying you have posted comments talking about how the victim should be happy to be giving the rapist ‘so much pleasure’
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Brokedownandmadeone  
Sorry but no. At least one habitual visitor to the site makes it their mission to gatekeep what may be tagged rape, and whether sexual abuse and sexual violence should always/ever be tagged grimdark. This could technically be another person with the same MO and motives, but I’d put my money on it being the same person with a fun new persona.

Source: this is the third time I’ve seen them, and I’m not even active in comment sections, let alone site staff.
Brokedownandmadeone
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Equality - In our state, we're all equal here!

BigThirsty ponybooru.org
@saby  
I didn’t initially mean to leave the bit I wasn’t reacting to "Please respect this tagging guideline, please stop vandalizing tags on images, and please stop", but I just didn’t bother and figured any passerby (or more importantly DW, who did) would understand what the reaction was directed toward.
Panko Pai
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork

Shy gamer stallion
>>42400 (deleted)  
The pic is currently rated Grimdark, although I don’t see anything that qualify for this rating, so unless Apple Bloom being put on coma is somewhat similar to dying violently/painfully, I think that’ll better be re-rated to Safe
Princess Luna
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Cloppershy  
Guidelines need updating in relation to sex and how much of things we can see, I’ve learned. I should probably get around to trying to update them now.

@Panko Pai  
Safe is fine, yes, and would be even if she was dead. Has to be something horrific bodywise (stuff you couldn’t show on Spongebob etc.) for Grimdark to kick in.
Snicky

>>2442823

Minor tagging dispute: adult character in a diaper but people want to tag it as Safe, even though that’s one of the headline scenarios for the Suggestive tag. One of the comments points to other probably mis-tagged pictures that are Safe in the Adult Foal tag so those might need to be addressed as well.
Princess Luna
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Snicky  
Hmm, the posing and expression is very much saying “look at this diaper on my butt”, so Suggestive is probably a little bit more reasonable, but it’s iffy. I try not to set my foot down too hard in this area since it can upset people either way, so I’ll delay an actual decision.  
I’m actually thinking that I should get the guidelines slightly reworked soon, so we have a better litmus test here.
Princess Luna
Economist -
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Background Pony #4230  
Latter is clearly from way back, when sloppy kissing was Questionable. Former is a bit odd, should’ve always been Suggestive, but people were often confused back then too. Both are Suggestive.
Panko Pai
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork

Shy gamer stallion
>>1079069 (possibly NSFW)

It’s rated explicit (previously it was rated questionable) as it shows Pinkie “masturbating”. However I don’t see any of her genitals (even anus is absent), and her dialogue “It’s not what it looks like” suggests she might be do anything but masturbate.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide