Rare Tag Hunters

šŸ“
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL šŸŽ  stallion
A thread in which to share rare tags which you believe to be under-tagged.

Guidelines:

• You have to have good faith reasons to believe that there are more images that should have the tag added. Donā€™t add a comic tag with 12 items because the artist only drew 12 strips before quitting mid-sentence.
  • Tags should have fewer than 500 images when you suggest them. This is for niche and specialty tags, not merely uncommon tags.
  • Please link the tag page directly if youā€™re not a phone poster (juggling links on a phone is annoying, we understand)
  • It would be appreciated if you listed tags you suspect to have overlap with the tag you seek
  • Finally, as a viewer of this list, youā€™re not expected to go searching through 50,000 images in an overlap tag to find the ones that should have the rare tag added. Instead, itā€™s a list to keep in the back of your mind when youā€™re uploading images or casually browsing one and see something that looks like it might merit the addition of a specialty tag.
Iā€™ll start with an example.

Rectangular Pupil

There is no way that there are only eight images worthy of this tag in all of Derpibooru. Itā€™s even more incredulous once you consider that TFH content is welcome here and one of their characters is a goat who canonically has rectangular pupils. For that matter, although most goats in FiM have round or pinprick pupils, there is at least one screen cap of an FiM goat with rectangular windows to the soul.

Related Tags

Deliverer
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

don't drink and tag
Excellent idea for a thread! Let me try.

Partially submerged

The tag can be pretty useful for distinguishing between the substance just being in the picture and a character interacting with it in a way (bathing, swimming, drowning, just standing/floating pretty inside, etc.) Giving the sheer number of water containers alone listed below, the tag count being sub-hundred is a bit surprising.

Related tags

Deliverer
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

don't drink and tag
@Background Pony #CA11
Thank you. At first I wanted to suggest submerged instead of a partially submerged but the dictionary said that the former means fully under the surface and is synonymous to underwater of which we already have plenty. Although, almost all instances of ā€˜submergedā€™ as of now used in the meaning of ā€˜partially submergedā€™.
ā€¦maybe some consolidation and defining is in order?
Think so too.

Partially open wings

Them wings are too far from the body to be tagged folded but not showing their full glory to get the spread wings?
There is a tag for that!
Reducing the dichotomy by adding something in between.

Related tags

saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
Tags involving more or less realistic horsey aspects and Things For Horse Nerds:

actual frog (hoof)

Meant for mostly realistic underhoof structure. The frog should be triangular, feature a narrow and decidedly non-buttock-cleavage-like central sulcus, and reach roughly 2/3rds of the sole at the tip.

flared nostrils

When an expression is drawn with partially or fully flared, i.e. open nostrils. Not limited to equines.

pinned ears i.e. ears back

horse collar

Big Mac wears one. If it distributes the weight onto the entire frontal surface of the shoulder, itā€™s a horse collar.

yoke

Only villains use this word for the horse collar. A yoke distributes the load onto the top of the neck, although may be held in place with pieces surrounding the neck that somewhat resemble a horse collar. Equine anatomy does not allow for efficient pulling using a yoke. They are more typically used for oxen. A carrying pole is also a simple yoke.

halter

bridle

Headstall with a bitcontrol device. Non-bit devices include things like bosal hackamore, shank hackamore, and bitless bridle systems.

crupper

breeching

Straps over and behind the rump to distribute load when decelerating or going downhill.

tail brace

Strap/device for holding a tail in a position. More common than the true crupper.
suggestive
Background Pony #CA11
white pupils
Sometimes tricky to tell apart from just being an eye highlight that happens to be centered. But I know there are plenty of untagged instances out there.
Itā€™s related but distinct from colored pupils in that theyā€™re uncolored (or, ambient colored/shadowed), while ā€œcolored pupilsā€ are typically a shade of the iris color.
[edit] artist:musicfirewind and artist:nekosnicker and artist:yokokinawa use it in their style a lot and many arenā€™t tagged
Background Pony #CA11
Actually, I have no idea how undertagged it is, or not. But, I know I keep forgetting what the tag for getting a cutie mark is, so thereā€™s a chance other people do too. :P
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide