"Official Fall of Equestria" tag

Schorl Tourmaline

It has occurred to me recently that a project that I used to be a part of, and am to some degree still working on, has been receiving a lot of “fan works” that haven’t been adhering to the original intent of the setting. This has caused a bit of conflict when trying to address that images posted by fans who “Just wants to use the name”, and causes confusion for newer fans interested in the setting, as they can’t tell fanworks from the official art and canon.

As such, I would like to be able to add a “Official Fall of Equestria” tag that can be put onto the works that adhere to the setting’s canon plot line, in order to help those who enjoy the setting know what is part of the setting, and what is not. This will mostly be added to older images created by the original group of contributors for the project, along with any future images that might be made for the project down the line that fit the intended themes and guidelines for the setting.

Seeing as certain images have already caused a bit of conflict, which needed admins to resolve, I feel this would be a big help to prevent any further problems that might happen without the tag.
Fleetfoot
Fleetfoot - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Fleetfoot Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ saucy Fleetfoot images with 350+ upvotes (Perfect Pony Plot Provider)
Woona - To my most special somepony~
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Responsible Disclosure - Lessons from Furbi
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
I’m afraid we don’t really support this kind of feature.

Gatekeeping a tag in specific under personal criteria isn’t something we want to promote, if someone’s doing fanart specific to your fan-series then the tag’s applicable regardless of you feeling it’s too “deviating” or not from original source material.

The same way FoE still implies Equestria or MLP even if so far from the original content.

Now if by chance someone is doing art or editing art under this tag with the intend to antagonize, mock or harass you or anyone related to the project you can report them for rules #0 and #1 and we will work on it accordingly.

Cheers!
Schorl Tourmaline

Now if by chance someone is doing art or editing art under this tag with the intend to antagonize, mock or harass you or anyone related to the project you can report them for rules #0 and #1 and we will work on it accordingly.

Actually, that seems to be the case, as I’ve been discussing the matter with another Admin about a certain individual who has been posting images under the tag, despite their content not having anything to do with the setting. They are the one who suggested I try to get this tag done, in attempt to midigate their damage to the tag, as this individual has pretty much resorted to throwing fits to get their way, and get around the site rule that an image must be tagged as it appears. I have also proven at this point that the individual is pretty much posting these images out of spite, having sent me a direct message to that nature.

At this point,I was hoping that this would be an easier way of dealing with the problem, as his actions have kinda become a point of contention within the active Fall of Equestria fan community.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
To be honest, I don’t agree with how you are characterizing our discussion.

The ‘problem’ is not that you and someone else have a disagreement. The ‘problem’ is the ‘FoE’ tag wars and meta discussions that have been happening on fan art. In all honesty, the ‘easiest way of dealing with the problem’ is enforcing our rules about tag warring and meta discussions on fan art if it does not stop. But we are hoping that this is something that can be discussed and resolved without banning people.

To be clear, there is no ‘damage’ to the tag ‘fall of equestria’ if artists create art for that fan-series that you do not like having associated with the fan-series. You are free to hide the image if you do not like it, or to filter the uploader if appropriate.

As long as artists are making what they consider to be ‘FoE’ related artworks, then they are ‘fall of equestria’ both for the purposes of searching as well as filtering.

If you would like to find a way to identify images that the ‘Fall Of Equestria Committee’ considers to be a part of the canon of the fan-series, there are ways you may do this. For example:

• You may create a gallery of ‘approved in-canon FoE’ images. Let me know if you need a hand doing this.

• You may create a thread in the forums to discuss whether certain images are or not ‘in canon’ for the series. Let me know if you need a hand doing this.

• You may create a ‘seal of approval’ for the ‘FoE Committee’ that you can give to artists to affix to their images that are ‘officially approved’.

• You may advocate for the creation of an entirely new series of tag which indicates that an image is recognized by a fan-series as being ‘correct’.

If you want such a tag created, instead of focusing on your disagreements with others, please focus on describing why such a tag would be useful for searching and filtering on this site, and how others beside yourself would be able to determine if an image does or does not qualify for the tag.

Right now, speaking for myself, I have no idea how anyone other than you would know which images qualify for the tag. So this sounds like something that is better suited for a gallery.

And if an image is breaking Rule #0 or Rule #1, please report it.
Schorl Tourmaline

@Ciaran  
I’m sorry if I didn’t characterize our conversation in the way you see it.

You may create a gallery of ‘approved in-canon FoE’ images. Let me know if you need a hand doing this.

This would be appreciated, and I would happily take advantage of your assistance.

You may create a thread in the forums to discuss whether certain images are or not ‘in canon’ for the series. Let me know if you need a hand doing this.

I’m not sure how much this would help, as most of our community is only active on Fall of Equestria fan groups on Discord.

You may create a ‘seal of approval’ for the ‘FoE Committee’ that you can give to artists to affix to their images that are ‘officially approved’

While I understand the benefits of having a logo (I use one on another series I work on of a similar nature), the issue with this is that many of the old artists aren’t around to edit prior images to reflect such a change. The setting also does have a logo already, but our founder wasn’t exactly a creative person, and just used generic text, which is easily copied. Example is here: https://derpibooru.org/images/543649

You may advocate for the creation of an entirely new series of tag which indicates that an image is recognized by a fan-series as being ‘correct’.

I thought that was what I was doing, but clearly I did it the wrong way. Are you asking for a description of the series itself? I can provided one that I made recently, if that helps. Here we go:

“Fall of Equestria (FoE for short) is a fetishized fan-made setting that is an alternate universe for Series 4 of My Little Pony. It was started in 2013, created by a person who went by the name “Non_Creepy_Nickname” (NCN for short). His original goal for the series was to bring together people he thought had talent and similar interest in the setting’s intended themes in order to create a fictional world with an overarching story through the use of both standard storytelling and imagery, utilizing the characters of My Little Pony and a species created for the series; the Caribou.

The themes of the setting are sexual in nature, focusing on BDSM-style enslavement of the females of the setting, wherein all males were threated as the dominant sex and females were, for the most part, made to be submissive sex slaves, almost always through force via mind control, rape, bondage, and coercion. Many of the canonical stories for Fall of Equestria focused on how the land of Equestria was transformed from the way it is depicted in the show to the male dominated world of Fall of Equestria, while images created for the setting focused purely on the aftermath of the male takeover.”

In a sense, Fall of Equestria focuses purely on maledom enslavement fetish art, wherein all females are publicly enslaved and treated as sex objects (with few exceptions in the form of females who managed to escape and go into hiding). The main antagonists, and the cause of the setting, are a race of Caribou who culturally see all females as stupid and incapable creatures, who take over Equestria in order to re-shape the world in their image.

I can provide more details than that, if needed. Aside form images here, there are stories on FIMFiction.net that help to define the setting, and I am actually have a doc I’m working on specifically to define key aspects of it in preparation of a future restructuring of the setting, but that is the general information. Aside from that, the setting (in an “official” capacity) is really only worked on by particular people who have an interest in the series, and have been given a level of approval by the creator of the concept (Non_Creepy_nickname, as stated above). It is also a general consensus that OCs are not to be made part of the series without express permission form their creators or those they represent (Thus why there is no offical FoE artwork of popular characters like Flufflepuff, Milky Way, or Button’s Mom), and that all characters used must come from within the MLP source material only.

Does any of this help, or am I still off track?

To be clear, there is no ‘damage’ to the tag ‘fall of equestria’ if artists create art for that fan-series that you do not like having associated with the fan-series. You are free to hide the image if you do not like it, or to filter the uploader if appropriate.

The damage comes more from the implied association of certain individuals who use the setting in ways that the community doesn’t approve of. In a sense, this can lead to certain individuals giving our niche sub-genre a bad name, and even lead to artists that they use not wanting to work on other FoE projects because they had a bad experience with people using the name in inappropriate ways. We even had a case of this happening with the person you and I have been talking about, where after they did a commission for that person, they had it removed from this site after deciding the image went over their moral boundaries, and learning more about that person’s personality. That really is what has started this whole thing, because if the person seems intent to inappropriately use the name (Even on images that don’t in any way fit the setting), and then act the way he does, me and my associates would like an easy way to separate his commissions from the works that actually represent the setting.

Believe me, if I, and others, didn’t see this as a problem, I wouldn’t be here right now.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Schorl Tourmaline  
This is not about other individuals. This is about your request for a unique tag.

This would be appreciated, and I would happily take advantage of your assistance.

Select the image you would like as the ‘cover image’ for the gallery. On that image, select the Galleries menu and click ‘+ Create a gallery’

full

On the next screen, name the gallery, let people know if it’s NSFW, and add a description. Then click “Save Gallery”

full

The gallery is created, appears under your “Recent Galleries” on your profile, and is publicly viewable. You can add images to it, remove images from it, and change the order of images in the gallery if you would like. On images people can see which galleries images are featured in.

full

You can then link to the gallery in PMs, posts, and comments. The syntax:

“My Frens”:/galleries/15872

creates:

My Frens

The ID comes from the URL of the gallery.

Are you asking for a description of the series itself

No, I’m asking why you think this new kind of tag, and this tag in particular, would be helpful for searching or filtering on this site.

We already have a “Fall of Equestria” tag, so people can search for related images and filter them if they prefer, and you can very easily filter uploads by the individual you keep complaining about. How would this new tag help?

I do not personally understand how such a new tag would be useful, and have no idea how staff would be able to determine if the tag was appropriate on images or not. I was hoping you would provide that information.

The damage comes more from the implied association of certain individuals who use the setting in ways that the community doesn’t approve of

I believe @Fleetfoot already covered this.
Schorl Tourmaline

No, I’m asking why you think this new kind of tag, and this tag in particular, would be helpful for searching or filtering on this site.
We already have a “Fall of Equestria” tag, so people can search for related images and filter them if they prefer, and you can very easily filter uploads by the individual you keep complaining about. How would this new tag help?

Ok, I will try to make my case.

I suppose the best way to explain how an “Official Fall of Equestria” tag would benefit the site’s filtering would be that it would be for those who are looking for images that are directly incorporated into the actual lore of the setting. FoE has many defined aspects to it, such as which ponies are enslaved, levels of resistance or loyalty to the invading antagonists, events that happened in the official stories for the setting. As I stated before, it is hard to tell which images are merely fan creation and which are supposed to be part of the setting, and some of the fan creations go against the intended canon of the setting. This causes confusion for people interested in the series, but are not familiar with the lore of the setting. For example, if you fished through the pages of images for Fall of Equestria, could you figure out which ones are lore friendly, and which ones aren’t, merely by looking at them? I can because I’m familiar with the setting, and would be more than happy to do a deep dive with anyone interested to learn, but for someone who doesn’t know me, and simply want to get information about the setting from this site, the filter would provide an easy way for them to accomplish that.

In a sense, it will divide images that are merely fan made images created for personal enjoyment, and those that are informative of the setting proper, which many people interested in the plot of the story may wish to have in order to figure out which set of contradictory images adheres to the setting’s canon plotline.

I hate to say it this way, but to be more blunt, it would also separate was actually IS a Fall of Equestria image, from that which it is not, since it seems that someone can commission a piece of artwork, one that really doesn’t follow the themes of the setting at all, from an artist who has zero knowledge of the setting, and slap the name of the setting to it “just because”, and it be tagged “Fall of Equestria”. If I were to equate it to something else, that is like me getting an image of the main six having a picnic in a grassy meadow, from an artist that knows nothing of MLP or the fandoms it spawned, told them “oh, BTW, this is a Fallout: Equestria image”, and then putting the tag on it here because “the image was intended to be Fallout: Equestria, and the artist can confirm that”. Except, in that instance the fanbase is much larger, and the setting more widely known that I’m sure in that the tag would be removed cause the image has no connection to Fallout: Equestria.

I suppose what I’m saying, in what is now my admitted frustration, while an “official” tag would help with those purely looking for information on the setting, it wouldn’t even be necessary if the current tagging system was “working as intended”. I’m not looking to blacklist images that go against the setting’s themes, I’m just trying to get it so the images are tagged in a way that “Fall of Equestria” isn’t synonymous with “generic bondage”. If that’s the case, why even have the Fall of Equestria tag if there is already a bondage tag?
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Schorl Tourmaline  
This is just my personal opinion, but determining whether an image is ‘directly incorporated into the lore’ of FoE does not sound useful here.

For example, we tag images with Star Trek uniforms, props, and backgrounds as ‘Star Trek’, even though many fans of Star Trek would not consider images from non-canonical Star Trek fan-fictions as really being ‘Star Trek’.

If someone doesn’t want to see ‘Star Trek’ they likely don’t care whether the image is canonical or not or whether the creators of the franchise recognize the image as being ‘correct’ - they don’t want to see it.

What you are describing sounds more like something that should be it’s own site, where you can create a repository for all of the meta information that you are talking about.

And just as someone who doesn’t want to see fan-made non-canonical images can go to an official Star Trek franchise site and get everything they are looking for, a dedicated FoE site can feature only that content that you and others on the FoE committee considers canonical to FoE, and you can host all the meta information about the series that you would like.

But for this site if an artist says they created an FoE image and can go through their thought process for trying to get the image to fit within the FoE universe and the image has elements that are representative of other FoE images, then we’re going to tag it FoE.

Because then people looking for images apropos FoE can find it. And people who want to filter anything related to FoE will also be served.

Just to be clear, ‘FoE’ and ‘Generic Bondage’ are not synonymous. And if someone uploads the image that you describe and attaches the ‘FoE’ tag to it please report the image.

That’s just my personal opinion. If you advocate for this new tag and it becomes something that the site wants to do, that’s great. But this all sounds very reminiscent of the ‘Omegaverse’ - a fan-fiction that grew beyond it’s creators and has taken on a life of its own, and gate-keeping ‘this is and this is not official’ doesn’t seem to have practical solution given that it is fan-fiction that has grown so large it has it’s ok TV Tropes page
Schorl Tourmaline

@Ciaran  
I did report the image. It still has the tag. You know this.

I’m not trying to be annoying here, and you’re right, it does have a TV Tropes page. Now look at that page and see how the only thing that lines up with what it says, and this image is that they both involve bondage. Does that mean all bondage images are, by default, Fall of Equestria images? Can I make something completely unrelated to the setting, and call it “Fall of Equestria”? At the moment, the answers to both seem to be yes.

I hate to harp on this, but even you stated that you spoke to the artist, and to you they didn’t even know what a “Fall of Equestria” was, let alone had the ability to accurately say that this image was coherent to its themes. I, on the other hand, could define every way that this image shouldn’t have that tag, and indeed will.

1. Despite the artist saying that it is a “fall of Equestria” image, the fact remains that the image was originally a YCH image with no prior connection to the setting before the commissioner wanted to slap the “Fall of Equestria” name to it for no reason. The image, in it’s first incarnation, was at least 80% completed without the artist ever hearing of the setting, the only addition was the suspended character, who could have been (and probably has been) any type of furry OC added in determined on who wanted to pay the artist to finish the image.  
  2. Fall of Equestria does not feature Sergals, as it is purely an MLP setting that only uses MLP characters, aside from the Caribou, which was still an idea inspired by a comment Faust once made about a suggested species for the show.  
  3. Even ignoring that, the Sergal who was created as to always be part of the finished project, no matter who purchased the commission, is a female, and is not herself enslaved. The point of the setting is that all females are enslaved (or at the very least, the Sergal in this image would be, since she is clearly in a public area), and that enslavement is portrayed by a very specific design of collar around the neck, which can be seen in nearly every FoE image, fanwork or otherwise.  
  4. Fuasticorn is not a part of the setting, and would not ever be part of the setting, as it is an improper use of an OC by the standards of the creators of the setting.  
  5. Ignoring that, Fausticorn is not “decorated” as a slave in the setting would be. She doesn’t wear the specific collar design, because the artist didn’t know enough about the setting to know of the dress code, nor does the wing binder fit the setting, as females in the setting have their wings plucked of all feathers, and placed in very specific, confining wing binders that can be seen in any applicable FoE artwork, official or not. Again, the binder is like this because the artist didn’t know enough about the setting to know the difference, nor did the commissioner give enough details to make it look right. The only thing in the image that could be considered “correct” about Fausticorn’s appearance is the broken horn, but unless you are implying that all broken horn images are Fall of Equestria, that is not a defining factor.  
  6. As trite as it may be, the image has nothing on it indicating that it would be a fall of equestria image, and would be unrecognizable as such by any casual viewer who might have some knowledge of the setting. It is, for any who would look on it without being told “this is supposed to be a fall of Equestria image”, just a random piece of furry bondage art. If site rules dictate that an image must be tagged as it appears, no one would ever tag this image as “Fall of Equestria” based on sight alone, cause it doesn’t have anything that would define it as such, because it was not made at any point with the setting in mind by the artist, for reasons listed above. It is a generic, if well drawn, piece of bondage art, because that is what it was made to be. The fact that it IS generic facilitates its original YCH nature.

Again, I wouldn’t even be here petitioning for a new tag if a disregard for the rules didn’t make the old tag irrelevant. So long as this misrepresentation of the setting is allowed to have the tag, simply because someone who knows nothing about the setting, and never drew this piece of art with the setting in mind, says that its supposed to be for the setting, then the tag has no meaning, and literally everything is Fall of Equestria, so long as an artist says so.

Addendum: Also, and I had to confirm this, that TV Tropes page was created by, and edited by, members of the FoE community that I’ve personally worked with and were part of the Fall of Equestria project at one point or another. Even in your example, the definition of what makes something “Fall of Equestria” has solely been in the hands of its creators. If you don’t believe me, I could invite one of the people who worked on that page here to confirm it.
Schorl Tourmaline

@Ciaran  
I would also like to add that I believe that your assumption that this is all some attempt at “Gatekeeping” is misplaced. I have never done anything to prevent any user from making artwork, or other fan contributions, for Fall of Equestria. In fact, referring to the image that sparked the idea that a new tag is needed at this point, the person who paid for that images completion has commissioned other images that actually fit the setting, and as such I never did anything to prevent him from tagging them as such, even though the images could be seen as distasteful.

Right now, I am only requesting this new tag as a means to correct what could be perceived as a mismanagement of the tagging system, by allowing someone to tag a particular image as something it isn’t. Reiterating my point again, the particular offending image was not created with Fall of Equestria in mind prior to being purchased by the commissioner, has nothing to do with Fall of Equestria in its finished state, and at this point only has the tag because the artist, who has no knowledge of or prior experience with the setting, for some reason gets final say on whether something does or does not fit the parameters of the setting they know nothing about.

This is a bit of a tangent, but if I requested it of you, could you draw me a Funyarinpa without looking up what one is? I know it may sound like nonsense, but I assure you that a Funyarinpa is a thing, and that you could draw one in a way that anyone who knew what it was would easily be able to recognize it. However, I can say for certainty that unless you have prior knowledge of what a Funyanrinpa is, you could never draw an accurate representation of it (which in itself is blasphemous, but I digress :P). The point, of course, while I respect the artist’s work, as they are obviously very talented, they have no actual authority to say something is a representation of something that they have no prior knowledge of, and that another user is able to defy tagging rules based on that alone makes the Fall of Equestria tag have no meaning.

I suppose this leads to a question I would propose to you, Ciaran. I mean no disrespect to your position as a moderator by asking this, but I just need confirmation on something. How do “you” define the Fall of Equestria tag? What criteria must an image fulfill to be tagged as such? From our prior conversation, it seems to just rely on user input. But I’m asking you now, as the person who made the decision to allow the offending image to be given the tag, how would you define Fall of Equestria, aside from “Any image an artist declares as fitting the tag”? Perhaps that is the whole point of this problem, one that I’ve been alluding to, that the setting is so niche that anyone who is from outside of the community wouldn’t be able to define what separates Fall of Equestria from any other generic bondage setting. But please, give what you believe is an accurate definition of what qualifies an image for the “Fall of Equestria” tag, because if you do that, I will happily adhere to it.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Schorl Tourmaline  
I am not aware of any rules that are currently being broken with regard to the tagging on the image you keep complaining about. If a rule is being violated, please report the image and explain now that rule is being broken.

@Schorl Tourmaline  
I just need confirmation on something. How do “you” define the Fall of Equestria tag?

It is a tag for fan-made content apropos the ‘Fall of Equestria’ fan-series.

The only reason the image came to our attention was because you and another person had derailed the comments on the image with a months-old personal argument, and because of the persistent tag warring on the image.

Your argument that the image was not apropos the series seemed reasonable so I removed the tag until I could talk to the artist to find out their intent.

The artist told me they intended the image to be apropos the Fall of Equestria fan-series as the result of a fan of that series winning their YCH auction. They showed the work they did in coordination with the commissioner to make sure that they were being true to that fan’s view of the series. I believe their intent was honest and that they did due diligence to getting the image to fit within the series, so I restored the tag.

The image is clearly one that fans of the FoE fan-series want to see, and was even commissioned by a fan of the series, so having it tagged ‘FoE’ helps people looking for images related to that series.

In the same way, the image is clearly one that people who do not want to see FoE will want to avoid, so having it tagged ‘FoE’ helps them filter the image.

That you do not like the image does not make it not apropos FoE. And creating an ‘officially approved by someone who worked on the FoE series’ tag doesn’t make the image easier to filter or to hide.

I am not saying you should like the image or similar images that include ‘fausticorn’ in an FoE setting. It’s perfectly fine that you don’t like it.

Please hide the image, and if you would like to avoid more such images add ‘(oc:fausticorn AND fall of equestria)’ to your complex filter.
Schorl Tourmaline

@Ciaran  
I’m glad you replied. I almost assumed that you had decided that the best course of action was to ignore me. Again, thank you for your time.

The only reason the image came to our attention was because you and another person had derailed the comments on the image with a months-old personal argument, and because of the persistent tag warring on the image.

I would have assumed that it would have been because I sent a report prior, but I do recall I filed it incorrectly, so that might be the case. I don’t deny that me and the commissioner were in disagreement with the tags, a disagreement that I still believe is valid, as I still believe the image has been improperly tagged.

Your argument that the image was not apropos the series seemed reasonable so I removed the tag until I could talk to the artist to find out their intent.

Yes, it seemed reasonable before, because when I defined the setting to you, you likewise believed that the image had no context to the setting. You removed the tag, even knowing that it was the commissioner that placed the tag int the first place. What changed? I believe I have an idea.

The artist told me they intended the image to be apropos the Fall of Equestria fan-series as the result of a fan of that series winning their YCH auction.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but in your PMs you implied that you actually know the artist, perhaps are friends, and that if the commissioner didn’t get his way, that he would demand a refund just because an unrelated site to the artist wouldn’t acknowledge them. I can understand that you’d want to protect your associate, if that is the case, but that still doesn’t make the image in question an image represents Fall of Equestria.

The image is clearly one that fans of the FoE fan-series want to see, and was even commissioned by a fan of the series, so having it tagged ‘FoE’ helps people looking for images related to that series.

Of course it is. It’s a bondage image, and fans of Fall of Equestria like bondage. I am a casual fan of Fallout Equestria, and I could probably likewise produce an image fans of that setting would enjoy through a commission, and by your terms here, even if it had no context to Fallout Equestria, I should be able to label it as a Fallout Equestria image.

In the same way, the image is clearly one that people who do not want to see FoE will want to avoid, so having it tagged ‘FoE’ helps them filter the image.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this. See, FoE has some very extreme themes that even people who like generic bondage not related to the setting, don’t enjoy. Because of this, there are those who have blacklisted Fall of Equestria, who would probably like this image, but will have a harder time finding it, because it has been inappropriately tagged. In such a case, this only hinders people.

That you do not like the image does not make it not apropos FoE. And creating an ‘officially approved by someone who worked on the FoE series’ tag doesn’t make the image easier to filter or to hide.

Have I ever said I don’t like the image? I don’t believe I have. In fact, I believe I have stated before that the image is fine, well drawn, and has many themes that appeals to my tastes. There is nothing inherently wrong iwth the image, expect that it has been mistagged as Fall of Equestria. I agree a new tag won’t hide the image itself, and nor should the image be hidden. Again, I stress that the only reason that I even suggested the tag, one that you yourself suggested I attempt, is because now the old tag has no meaning, because something is in it that shouldn’t be.

I am not saying you should like the image or similar images that include ‘fausticorn’ in an FoE setting. It’s perfectly fine that you don’t like it.
Please hide the image, and if you would like to avoid more such images add ‘(oc:fausticorn AND fall of equestria)’ to your complex filter.

You keep repeating this as if it would solve the problem, despite the fact that I have already stated in our PMs that I see no need to blacklist any fausticorn images, be they actually related to the setting or not. Nor do I feel the need to blacklist any image Dusk Rock posts, because what he posts doesn’t offend me. As I must repeat, the only issue is an improper tag.

It is a tag for fan-made content apropos the ‘Fall of Equestria’ fan-series.

I saved this for last because I find it somewhat interesting when it comes to the current issue. Forgive my failed vocabulary, but as you keep repeating the word “Apropos”, I looked it up to up to see that it means “in reference to”. Very well, if an image has to be “in reference to” a tag to receive it, then I request that you please point out the reference the image has to Fall of Equestria. Is it that this image has bondage themes, and Fall of Equestria likewise has bondage themes? If that is the case, does that not imply all bondage images are “in reference” to Fall of Equestria? Again, the only thing “in reference” to the setting is that the artist, who knows nothing about the setting, expresses that there is some connection, which really doesn’t seem to mean anything, because without the author’s input, no one would be able to tell the image is supposed to be part of the setting. Even fans that know the setting cannot descern what about this image would connect it to the setting.

But the other curious thing about your sentence is that you are implying that the image must be “fan-made”, and at this point I don’t believe that is the case. I have actual reason to believe that the commissioner of the image doesn’t even like the setting, and is just doing this as a means to annoy those who do like the setting, having found old comments of his that infers that he finds the setting disgusting. If this would have any meaning to this discussion, I would happily share that information.

That aside, I fear that despite all I have said, that you may have simply come to a decision, and now refuse to go back on it, even if I did come up with some good point that should overturn it (not saying that I have at this point). Therefore, I politely and respectfully ask if it is possible that we bring in a second opinion, of someone who may not know the artist, and thus base their decision on that relationship. I know you have been very patient with me, and I know such a request might be a little insulting (my sincere apologizes), I would at least like to make my case to a secondary moderator, if at all possible.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
I almost assumed that you had decided that the best course of action was to ignore me

This is a hobby. If someone on staff doesn’t reply please don’t assume it means anything other than that this is a hobby and we all have lives, jobs, etc.

What changed?

I asked the artist.

you implied that you actually know the artist, perhaps are friends

No, this is the first and only time we’ve talked.

you may have simply come to a decision

It’s not my call, but I agree that you haven’t made your case.

I politely and respectfully ask if it is possible that we bring in a second opinion

The only reason I’m here is because you misrepresented our discussion, and because I’d volunteered to work the reports related to this image.

If you’d rather talk with someone else about it, then that’s fine. If others on staff want to talk to you about this they are welcome to do so and may at any time.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide