Viewing last 25 versions of post by Schorl Tourmaline in topic "Official Fall of Equestria" tag

Schorl Tourmaline

"[@Ciaran":](/forums/tagging/topics/official-fall-of-equestria-tag?post_id=5025556#post_5025556
[bq]
)  

>
No, I'm asking why you think this new kind of tag, and this tag in particular, would be helpful for searching or filtering on this site.

>
>
We already have a "Fall of Equestria" tag, so people can search for related images and filter them if they prefer, and you can very easily filter uploads by the individual you keep complaining about. How would this new tag help? [/bq]

Ok, I will try to make my case.

I suppose the best way to explain how an "Official Fall of Equestria" tag would benefit the site's filtering would be that it would be for those who are looking for images that are directly incorporated into the actual lore of the setting. FoE has many defined aspects to it, such as which ponies are enslaved, levels of resistance or loyalty to the invading antagonists, events that happened in the official stories for the setting. As I stated before, it is hard to tell which images are merely fan creation and which are supposed to be part of the setting, and some of the fan creations go against the intended canon of the setting. This causes confusion for people interested in the series, but are not familiar with the lore of the setting. For example, if you fished through the pages of images for Fall of Equestria, could you figure out which ones are lore friendly, and which ones aren't, merely by looking at them? I can because I'm familiar with the setting, and would be more than happy to do a deep dive with anyone interested to learn, but for someone who doesn't know me, and simply want to get information about the setting from this site, the filter would provide an easy way for them to accomplish that.

In a sense, it will divide images that are merely fan made images created for personal enjoyment, and those that are informative of the setting proper, which many people interested in the plot of the story may wish to have in order to figure out which set of contradictory images adheres to the setting's canon plotline.

I hate to say it this way, but to be more blunt, it would also separate was actually IS a Fall of Equestria image, from that which it is not, since it seems that someone can commission a piece of artwork, one that really doesn't follow the themes of the setting at all, from an artist who has zero knowledge of the setting, and slap the name of the setting to it "just because", and it be tagged "Fall of Equestria". If I were to equate it to something else, that is like me getting an image of the main six having a picnic in a grassy meadow, from an artist that knows nothing of MLP or the fandoms it spawned, told them "oh, BTW, this is a Fallout: Equestria image", and then putting the tag on it here because "the image was intended to be Fallout: Equestria, and the artist can confirm that". Except, in that instance the fanbase is much larger, and the setting more widely known that I'm sure in that the tag would be removed cause the image has no connection to Fallout: Equestria.

I suppose what I'm saying, in what is now my admitted frustration, while an "official" tag would help with those purely looking for information on the setting, it wouldn't even be necessary if the current tagging system was "working as intended". I'm not looking to blacklist images that go against the setting's themes, I'm just trying to get it so the images are tagged in a way that "Fall of Equestria" isn't synonymous with "generic bondage". If that's the case, why even have the Fall of Equestria tag if there is already a bondage tag?
No reason given
Edited by Schorl Tourmaline
Schorl Tourmaline

"@Ciaran":/forums/tagging/topics/official-fall-of-equestria-tag?post_id=5025556#post_5025556
[bq]No, I'm asking why you think this new kind of tag, and this tag in particular, would be helpful for searching or filtering on this site.

We already have a "Fall of Equestria" tag, so people can search for related images and filter them if they prefer, and you can very easily filter uploads by the individual you keep complaining about. How would this new tag help? [/bq]

I suppose the best way to explain how an "Official Fall of Equestria" tag would benefit the site's filtering would be that it would be for those who are looking for images that are directly incorporated into the actual lore of the setting. FoE has many defined aspects to it, such as which ponies are enslaved, levels of resistance or loyalty to the invading antagonists, events that happened in the official stories for the setting. As I stated before, it is hard to tell which images are merely fan creation and which are supposed to be part of the setting, and some of the fan creations go against the intended canon of the setting. This causes confusion for people interested in the series, but are not familiar with the lore of the setting. For example, if you fished through the pages of images for Fall of Equestria, could you figure out which ones are lore friendly, and which ones aren't, merely by looking at them? I can because I'm familiar with the setting, and would be more than happy to do a deep dive with anyone interested to learn, but for someone who doesn't know me, and simply want to get information about the setting from this site, the filter would provide an easy way for them to accomplish that.

In a sense, it will divide images that are merely fan made images created for personal enjoyment, and those that are informative of the setting proper, which many people interested in the plot of the story may wish to have in order to figure out which set of contradictory images.

I hate to say it this way, but to be more blunt, it would also separate was actually IS a Fall of Equestria image, from that which it is not, since it seems that someone can commission a piece of artwork, one that really doesn't follow the themes of the setting at all, from an artist who has zero knowledge of the setting, and slap the name of the setting to it "just because", and it be tagged "Fall of Equestria". If I were to equate it to something else, that is like me getting an image of the main six having a picnic in a grassy meadow, from an artist that knows nothing of MLP or the fandoms it spawned, told them "oh, BTW, this is a Fallout: Equestria image", and then putting the tag on it here because "the image was intended to be Fallout: Equestria, and the artist can confirm that". Except, in that instance the fanbase is much larger, and the setting more widely known that I'm sure in that the tag would be removed cause the image has no connection to Fallout: Equestria.

I suppose what I'm saying, in what is now my admitted frustration, while an "official" tag would help with those purely looking for information on the setting, it wouldn't even be necessary if the current tagging system was "working as intended". I'm not looking to blacklist images that go against the setting's themes, I'm just trying to get it so the images are tagged in a way that "Fall of Equestria" isn't synonymous with "generic bondage". If that's the case, why even have the Fall of Equestria tag if it haere is no malready a bonindage tag?
No reason given
Schorl Tourmaline

"@Ciaran":/forums/tagging/topics/official-fall-of-equestria-tag?post_id=5025556#post_5025556
[bq]No, I'm asking why you think this new kind of tag, and this tag in particular, would be helpful for searching or filtering on this site.

In a sense, it will divide images that are merely fan made images created for personal enjoyment, and those that are informative of the setting proper, which many people interested in the plot of the story may wish to have in order to figure out which set of contradictory images.

I suppose what I'm saying, in what is now my admitted frustration, while an "official" tag would help with those purely looking for information on the setting, it wouldn't even be necessary if the current tagging system was "working as intended". I'm not looking to blacklist images that go against the setting's themes, I'm just trying to get it so the images are tagged in a way that "Fall of Equestria" isn't synonymous with "generic bondage". If that's the case, why even have the Fall of Equestria tag if it has no meaning?
No reason given
Schorl Tourmaline

I hate to say it this way, but to be more blunt, it would also separate was actually IS a Fall of Equestria image, from that which it is not, since it seems that someone can commission a piece of artwork, one that really doesn't follow the themes of the setting at all, from an artist who has zero knowledge of the setting, and slap the name of the setting to it "just because", and it be tagged "Fall of Equestria". If I were to equate it to something else, that is like me getting an image of the main six having a picnic in a grassy meadow, from an artist that knows nothing of MLP or the fandoms it spawned, told them "oh, BTW, this is a Fallout: Equestria image", and then putting the tag on it here because "the image was intended to be Fallout: Equestria, and the artist can confirm that". Except, in that instance the fanbase is much larger, and the setting more widely known that I'm sure in that instance the tag would be removed cause the image has no connection to Fallout: Equestria.

I suppose, in what is now my admitted frustration, while an "official" tag would help with those purely looking for information on the setting, it wouldn't even be necessary if the current tagging system was "working as intended". I'm not looking to blacklist images that go against the setting's themes, I'm just trying to get it so the images are tagged in a way that "Fall of Equestria" isn't synonymous with "generic bondage". If that's the case, why even have the Fall of Equestria tag if it has no meaning?
No reason given